Who do some people shy away from liking Bran?

Started by Ma Lo, May 23, 2024, 08:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo

I'll give you the perfect example ..my sister is going through a very bitter and horrible separation and because I'm a Stan.. I take every opportunity to initiate a conversation about the Queen. She's living in my house and she won't leave here until she's a fan .. she shys away from brandy not that it's hatred it's almost like a fear of liking her over some of her other favs.. I ain't gonna tell her stupid ass to listen no more bran has  carried me through so much heartache y'all ever experience that?

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

NEW MOON

Nine

sadsklfdfd'lkfmflkfmf'lkmfd'fdamfdff;fmsd;fds

not your sister going through a separation and you being more concerned with trying to make her a Brandy fan

:omgwatshappening:

Aalonso.

May 23, 2024, 09:02:33 PM #4 Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 09:02:52 PM by Aalonso.
Quote from: Cowboy Nine on May 23, 2024, 09:01:36 PMsadsklfdfd'lkfmflkfmf'lkmfd'fdamfdff;fmsd;fds

not your sister going through a separation and you being more concerned with trying to make her a Brandy fan

dzfhsfhsfdjfdjkgdhkdghk

:disgusted:

makeme

Abundance abounds, energy is infinite, life is sacred, anything is possible, and everything happens for a reason. Wisdom dictates that you know exactly what to say, yet, choose not to say it. Truth and knowledge must be sought. With power, comes responsibility. These are universal principles. May God continuously bless us!

Cowgirl

Quote from: Cowboy Nine on May 23, 2024, 09:01:36 PMsadsklfdfd'lkfmflkfmf'lkmfd'fdamfdff;fmsd;fds

Relationships come and go but there's only one Brandy.

Purple Moon

Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Justaway_

hshdjsbJGdhsgsgagsgsgafsfsfsuahsd

not a "fear of liking her over other artists"

girl that's probably not her biggest fear right now

Kalifornia.

I feel like people would be more interested if she was consistent with the music.

Marilyn

Bran isn't as relatable to the urban audience. Monica has 14 million IG followers while Bran has 6, for example.

Cartierline

May 25, 2024, 05:36:58 AM #11 Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 05:37:13 AM by Cartierline
This OP has me screaming, but I'll bite.

Bran's always been seen as 'uppity' by a lot of people imo.

united nations

Quote from: Ma Lo on May 23, 2024, 08:45:31 PMmy sister is going through a very bitter and horrible separation and because I'm a Stan.. I take every opportunity to initiate a conversation about the Queen.
]p[l-o0i9u-t8dr57kyes6taz6dfrxcgtvy;ufy;c9d6t8sx5r74e

i kno thats right

Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️

Gilgamesh.

There's a lot for a factors tbh. The first half of her career she was America's sweetheart, and I think being so prim & proper alienated a lot of Black people, in the same way Whitney got a lot of backlash for being "whitewashed". Then, since Afro and the whole marriage scandal people have realised that a lot of that image was "put on", which alienated her further because people thought she was fake :dead:

By this time Beyoncé and Rih were the main girls, meanwhile Brandy was taking 4 years breaks so she inadvertently let them take her spot.

So you can attribute it to a lack of consistency and having a corny image. I do think the last five years the narrative has shifted a lot and I'd even say it's "cool" to like Brandy now - I think the Two Eleven performances and the whole 90s resurgence thing helped a lot - even mainstream publications refer to her as the "vocal bible".

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

Just let her be
We all don't like the same stuff