Who do some people shy away from liking Bran?

Started by Ma Lo, May 23, 2024, 08:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

Quote from: Marilyn on May 25, 2024, 05:26:07 AMBran isn't as relatable to the urban audience. Monica has 14 million IG followers while Bran has 6, for example.

Being relatable to the Urban market can only go so far.

Monica may be perched with tons of social media followers, but it stops there.

The deepfried gors like 'Shaquinndah' love her but ain't purchasing her musical mess. True tea

united nations

May 25, 2024, 09:33:18 AM #16 Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 09:36:27 AM by dangerous
And the higher count for Monica's Insta speaks more to her level of activity on social media than her relatability

GHan notoriously tip toes around social media and hides for weeks sometimes

While Mon is somewhere claiming every celeb under the sun is her godcousin.

She's way more socially engaged than GHan. And that's reflected in her social media account stats .
Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️

Cowgirl

Yes, Insta is mainly due to her activity and the type of stuff she posts versus Brandy. On top of that, social media is urban-driven.

Nine

Quote from: Dee on May 25, 2024, 09:28:51 AM
Quote from: Marilyn on May 25, 2024, 05:26:07 AMBran isn't as relatable to the urban audience. Monica has 14 million IG followers while Bran has 6, for example.

Being relatable to the Urban market can only go so far.

Monica may be perched with tons of social media followers, but it stops there.

The deepfried gors like 'Shaquinndah' love her but ain't purchasing her musical mess. True tea
I don't even care about Monica like that but she stays booked doing shows and is on an arena tour currently

Her relatability is clearly working well for her

ophababes.

maybe she just doesn't use? no matter how talented an artist is, they're never going to be EVERYONE'S cup of tea. it not a bad thing, it just is. i say let ppl like what they like (even if the taste is lacking  :justabit:)

Summertime

May 25, 2024, 06:30:04 PM #20 Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 06:38:12 PM by Summertime
I realized a while ago that Brandy doesn't in general appeal to women.

If she had more women outside of her mom on her team those women would have realized this and tried to course correct decades ago with her interview answers, music (female geared songs) and image.

When one steps outside of fellow fans you can tell Brandy doesn't have a female audience.

Demetri (Kelli) Eady🤴🏾

Quote from: Summertime on May 25, 2024, 06:30:04 PMI realized a while ago that Brandy doesn't in general appeal to women.

If she had more women outside of her mom on her team those women would have realized this and tried to course correct decades ago with her interview answers, music (female here's songs) and image.

When one steps outside of fellow fans you can tell Brandy doesn't have a female audience.
!!!
French Exit ♻️

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

NEW MOON

May 25, 2024, 07:08:44 PM #22 Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 07:15:01 PM by NEW MOON
I don't think not being relatable to urban audiences is the issue.

I actually think Brandy trying to pigeon hole herself into urban spaces has actually stifled her career to a certain extent. Even if these spaces and publications are praising her NOW. They haven't always. Those spaces tend to be misogynistic and have preference for men and rappers. The R&B Female artists get some consistency, but it's not outstanding. Brandy's album sales are pretty much on par with her peers without having to put in as much effort when it comes to branding and marketing.

Brandy just hasn't tapped into her true audience enough. The Disney girls, the 90s Y2K girls, soul-pop crowd, international markets. I think Brandy should actually step outside of R&B and go into Adult Contemporary. Brandy has crossover appeal, which some/most of her other R&B peers don't. And she can hit up international markets easily with her voice and catalogue of music.

She has a regal, earthy, wholesomeness to her and that is refreshing for a Black artist even if urban audiences don't appreciate it.

ophababes.

yall... not everyone is going to like her vvvvvcxxb

it's not that deep

Amazing

May 26, 2024, 01:11:59 AM #25 Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 01:16:48 AM by Amazing
I used to try to force my younger sister to like the same music as me but she went the opposite direction...

rosone1

Quote from: NEW MOON on May 25, 2024, 07:08:44 PMI don't think not being relatable to urban audiences is the issue.

I actually think Brandy trying to pigeon hole herself into urban spaces has actually stifled her career to a certain extent. Even if these spaces and publications are praising her NOW. They haven't always. Those spaces tend to be misogynistic and have preference for men and rappers. The R&B Female artists get some consistency, but it's not outstanding. Brandy's album sales are pretty much on par with her peers without having to put in as much effort when it comes to branding and marketing.

Brandy just hasn't tapped into her true audience enough. The Disney girls, the 90s Y2K girls, soul-pop crowd, international markets. I think Brandy should actually step outside of R&B and go into Adult Contemporary. Brandy has crossover appeal, which some/most of her other R&B peers don't. And she can hit up international markets easily with her voice and catalogue of music.

She has a regal, earthy, wholesomeness to her and that is refreshing for a Black artist even if urban audiences don't appreciate it.
Without much effort?She was the definition of having a "machine" behind her.A hit tv show that ran six seasons and one of the most watched movies in TV history.

Harlem

Brandy needs to tap into the alternative R&B & Black eclectic audience... she can easily take over that lane but her visuals and single selections be the pits