The gorls that came out in the 90s/early 00s are lucky

Started by MAY, February 10, 2016, 02:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buy The Stars✨

February 10, 2016, 03:11:15 PM #31 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:11:24 PM by TEXASbama
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on February 10, 2016, 02:14:06 PM

Meanwhile the gorls of today have to constantly stay out there grinding for peanuts. Releasing music constantly, being on 2 & 3 TV shows, trying to keep their name in the press/blogs, etc. to only sell 50k or less first week.

death

n shan stays workin' these days

shes a lil warrior i say

Scott.

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on February 10, 2016, 02:47:30 PM
That's kinda like how the gorls come for Mon. They call her local and a flop.
She may not be a top girl anymore, but at the end of the day she has her
fanbase and she's cool with that.

She can go do a lil show somewhere, collect her coins, and be home in time
to tuck her kids in for bed. No she's not perched on billboards and in arenas,
but she's living comfortably while getting to do what she loves for a living.

That's a win to me.

It really is. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

tigernathan

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on February 10, 2016, 02:14:06 PM
Gorls like Brandy, Monica, Mya, Ashanti, Bey, etc. came out at a time when they were able to really slay financially. Even if you weren't the biggest album seller you could still pull in a decent coin.

They were touring large venues, booking major TV shows, movies, & endorsements. All of that allows them the financial freedom to pretty much do what they want nowadays.

If they want to sign to a major label they can. If they want to go independent they have the coin to fund their shit and make it look good. If they want to stay at home with their families living comfortably while doing shows here & there, they can.

Meanwhile the gorls of today have to constantly stay out there grinding for peanuts. Releasing music constantly, being on 2 & 3 TV shows, trying to keep their name in the press/blogs, etc. to only sell 50k or less first week.

Hell, the 90s/early 00 gorls are probably still making more off their back catalogs than the gorls can pull in nowadays.

n