should brandy put out another single now?

Started by garlic, February 11, 2016, 02:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAMÈ

Ulysses

Yes. But only because I am being greedy and want another song NOW lol

Purple Moon

Quote from: FAM? on February 11, 2016, 02:34:02 PM
Quote from: inluvwitbran on February 11, 2016, 02:32:15 PM
I think she needs to stay on B&P
she's independent so she hasn't reached ppl like she could with a major label
it wouldn't hurt to drop the EP though
!!!!

There's not much more she can do with this being independent.

If she wanted to do a video she should have had it ready BEFORE the song leaked.

It didn't leak. She put it on Soundcloud herself.
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Purple Moon

I don't even care about chart positions at this point (neither does Ghan). Just give me the music, videos, late night appearances and a tour and I'm happy. Commercial success is just the possible icing on the cake.
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Annie

Quote from: Marilyn on February 11, 2016, 02:24:19 PM
Dead at move on. Move on from what? This has potential to be one of her biggest hits in years. They HAVE to push this one.

/.\

VirgoMind

The song was no intended to be anymore than a random self leak for the starz.

I'm sure plans are being made and booked to promote the song now. No comparison to RHD or PID. They were backed by majors.

The release was spontaneous but she has to make smart business decisions for this indie thing to be effective. There are still people that haven't heard it. No need to move on

martian

The world is so QUICK these days. Definitely should drop some new fire and promote promote promote from the jump. BP was good buzz though.

BAPHOMET.

I never liked the idea of a EP anyway tbh. For any artist that isnt starting out.

and on the subject of the OP. She needs to release a lyric video and then a visual for B&P.
Strike while the iron is hot or move on to the next.

FINE.

FINE.

Quote from: Myron on February 11, 2016, 03:05:04 PM
:bvy: :bvy:  Yall really going up for the beggin and pleadin.......

I dont know anybody outside of this board that going up for the song itself..

the vocal of course

"bran doing that good sangin"

" didn know she could SANG like this"

"oooo she sound like Fanny"

but dew dew... release and promote away, see what happens.
  :damselindistress:
:uhh:

FINE.

Quote from: FAM? on February 11, 2016, 03:15:32 PM
d

Do y'all not realize it cost to do all of these things?
r u saying Brandy is poor

FRANCE

The song needs radio spins. It's not gonna go anywhere until it is heard by more people and releasing another song won't make any difference. Airplay is important. Even if it's just Urban AC for now; the song needs to get an add date. I say don't move on yet. She is still recording and it's best to keep pushing B&P and then wait for the perfect 2nd single. This is where Brandy normally drops the ball and this time around, if we get a mediocre 2nd single selection, I'm gonna be pissed.

FRANCE

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on February 11, 2016, 03:36:14 PM
I don't even care about chart positions at this point (neither does Ghan). Just give me the music, videos, late night appearances and a tour and I'm happy. Commercial success is just the possible icing on the cake.

Bran herself said that she doesn't want her music to be heard by few but by many. B&P hasn't reached a wide audience yet. And tbh, it has the potential to be nominated for a Grammy in comparison to all her singles since Full Moon. The song can still get more exposure.

FINE.

A lot of non Brandy fans seem to like the song and the critics are praising downe. What is Myron talking about