She is handpicked and chosen by God...this is her purpose

Started by Young, March 18, 2016, 06:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Young, does this Kimberly girl have an album? WOO!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Quote from: RekeRocka on March 18, 2016, 09:10:18 PM
Quote from: Yar backwards on March 18, 2016, 09:05:53 PM
Quote from: brocka4life on March 18, 2016, 09:00:34 PM
One day there will again be a place in mainstream music for black soul singers. I hope that day comes soon. She is special. It's not always about a perfect vocal or placement but how you made the audience feel.
because perfect vocals cant make ppl feel anything
and sloppy ones are breathtaking?
and there's no such thing anyway

Whitney was "perfect" but would crack and fuck up just like anyone else, but NO one emoted better than her either. It's possible to give a bit of both

Me wanting Laporsha to have some a well structured arrangement doesn't mean I'm asking her to become some dry calculated vocalist that overthinks every note. That would be even worse
exactly, and tbh timing & placement can really elevate a performance
when you BUILD a song, your runs & everything are much more potent and emotive. Being sloppy & running all over the place is showy and distracts from the message, which is what Laporsha does

Young

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 18, 2016, 09:11:30 PM
Young, does this Kimberly girl have an album? WOO!

dssddsds

not that i know of but i do have her performances on iTunes :stressed:

RekeRig

Quote from: Yar backwards on March 18, 2016, 09:13:33 PM
One day there will again be a place in mainstream music for black soul singers. I hope that day comes soon. She is special. It's not always about a perfect vocal or placement but how you made the audience feel.

Whitney was "perfect" but would crack and fuck up just like anyone else, but NO one emoted better than her either. It's possible to give a bit of both

Me wanting Laporsha to have some a well structured arrangement doesn't mean I'm asking her to become some dry calculated vocalist that overthinks every note. That would be even worse
when you BUILD a song, your runs & everything are much more potent and emotive. Being sloppy & running all over the place is showy and distracts from the message, which is what Laporsha does
Preach it!!!

If you learn how to let a song build and PUNCH everyone in the right spots >>

Great point

Young

really?

Because Harry said the EXACT opposite :plzstop: 

4:25

Young

She may do alot of runs but her performances definitely build :dead:

Herb.

there is something so special and anointed about this girl
and i never use that word, ever..everytime she brings me to tears
its like i see the song totally differently and really absorb the message

RAY7

Quote from: Young on March 18, 2016, 09:21:43 PM

really?

Because Harry said the EXACT opposite :plzstop: 

4:25

on this one she took Beyonce's live version
he must have not recognized it, but the credit for the arrangement & everything here goes to Bey

Herb.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 18, 2016, 07:35:43 PM
Mackenzie>>>>>>>>>>
Im going to start voting for him.  He's the most prepared to be an artist.  He knows his sound, writes songs, AND sings well. 

there is such a thing as raw talent. many of our favs were discovered with just that.

Young

Quote from: Herbie on March 18, 2016, 09:29:00 PM
there is something so special and anointed about this girl
and i never use that word, ever..everytime she brings me to tears
its like i see the song totally differently and really absorb the message

omggggggggggggggggg

sissssssssssssssssss :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Herb.

He's more or less saying...
what matters is the end result.

Toni doesn't have perfect diction but I still feel a lot of her songs
even though I don't know what the hell she's saying in many of them :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Young

Quote from: Herbie on March 18, 2016, 09:30:54 PM
Mackenzie>>>>>>>>>>
Im going to start voting for him.  He's the most prepared to be an artist.  He knows his sound, writes songs, AND sings well. 

there is such a thing as raw talent. many of our favs were discovered with just that.

>>><<<

and i WISH the industry was like THAT again

Herb.

Quote from: Young on March 18, 2016, 09:41:30 PM
Quote from: Herbie on March 18, 2016, 09:30:54 PM
Mackenzie>>>>>>>>>>

>>><<<

and i WISH the industry was like THAT again
What he said makes sense for artists who aren't on a national show like american idol with the chance to have a team behind them right out of the gate to develop them.

It's important to stand out when you're competing to be noticed...when you're not on a show like this...or you're taking a less traditional route....get some bloggers to drum up support, etc. be different , without trying to be different. ssss
which should come natural.

but AI has a built in audience and team for her. if anything raw talent is more appealing on a show like this than someone who seems to already know everything. people enjoy the journey they're witnessing, and the humble beginnings. which is why we hear their stories. instead of looking at Instagram posts of them with 10 filters on their cousin's yacht trying to give baller status teas for followers.

BAPHOMET.

BAPHOMET.