Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice, And Mike Brown’s Parents In Bey's new video

Started by BAPHOMET., March 26, 2016, 12:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Quote from: Herbie on March 26, 2016, 01:33:06 PM
Quote from: BENTLEY! on March 26, 2016, 01:25:46 PM
:dead:
No shade girls, but why is this thread full of negativity and attacking others for their opinions?

There should be no "gotcha" moment or "I told you so". End of discussion :uhh:

Anyways, so glad these parents are gonna get another chance to express themselves. THATS what matters.

I would've rather sat in this thread and discussed the positive impact this COULD have

But if the girls are just gonna sit and bash others

Then I'm outta here LOLZ
At what point in this thread did someone bash anyone?
!!!
I dont see anyone getting attacked at all
is Bentley ok guys?
:uhh:

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Herbie on March 26, 2016, 01:33:06 PM
Quote from: BENTLEY! on March 26, 2016, 01:25:46 PM
:dead:
No shade girls, but why is this thread full of negativity and attacking others for their opinions?

There should be no "gotcha" moment or "I told you so". End of discussion :uhh:

Anyways, so glad these parents are gonna get another chance to express themselves. THATS what matters.

I would've rather sat in this thread and discussed the positive impact this COULD have

But if the girls are just gonna sit and bash others

Then I'm outta here LOLZ
At what point in this thread did someone bash anyone?

If you REALLY want to go where it shouldn't have been anything, there shouldn't have been a question ofmy posts here were for EVERYONE,
as are MOST of your passive aggressive posts sis. But it was posted AFTER Tanna posted. So don't play coy lol

What I suggest you do .... is SIT in here, discuss the positives, and either HUSH or punch on after doing so.

not everything has to be a debate, people have opinions, they're entitled to them.

We're done here.

H.#.G.*.Z

Herb.

Quote from: NexTae on March 26, 2016, 01:34:52 PM
Quote from: Herbie on March 26, 2016, 01:29:37 PM
'fas has always been hood as fuck IMO. Just looking at her interviews and mess before she got so media trained.......the fact that  Independent Woman Part 2 was actually the first version of the song, that she wrote, until they made them change it into something more pop.. :dead: little stuff like that tells me that 'fas enjoys being Black. she loves her culture. BDay alone. She is the epitome of a strong Black womuh.

Yes she has her Creole heritage, and mess, and she has every right to celebrate that as well cuz its hers and she's not claiming something she's not. But at the end of the day she still realizes she is a Black womuh. And she is proud of ALL of her heritage. And the disadvantages and hurdles that come with it, for her and others. I am HERE for 'fas and everything this bitch is standing for.
!
I'm here for this bitch! :stressed:
:stressed: :stressed:

I just knew she was taking it a step further with the full mess. :stressed: it's no way she was just leaving something that powerful alone. I'm just excited to see how the whole format plays out.

yummy

Quote from: NexTae on March 26, 2016, 01:20:46 PM
I don't think people realize that sis didn't HAVE to do any of this! Forget the charts or whatever, this is one of the biggest international superstars; people were already anticipating her next move long before Formation. She doesn't NEED this to sell or garner buzz lol. It's actually a big risk she's taking here since it's pretty much catered to one demographic.

:ermm:

I could see it being a risk, but I could also see it being more of a conscious image change from aloof pop star to outspoken social activist. Either way, she deserves props for speaking out and pushing the convo back to the forefront.

SUPREME

Quote from: Ntwadumela on March 26, 2016, 01:07:42 PM
Quote from: G L O C K on March 26, 2016, 12:54:12 PM
This girl is such an opportunist :dead:

I really don't view this as opportunistic . She's using her fame and power to touch on subjects with her music and videos  that others are afraid to . I really admire her for this . She just doesn't care anymore . This is the Beyonc? I've been wanting to see . Her vulnerability and anger . Not so goody goody all the damn time .

Herb.

Quote from: Glenda on March 26, 2016, 01:31:00 PM
Quote from: Herbie on March 26, 2016, 01:29:37 PM
'fas has always been hood as fuck IMO. Just looking at her interviews and mess before she got so media trained.......the fact that  Independent Woman Part 2 was actually the first version of the song, that she wrote, until they made them change it into something more pop.. :dead: little stuff like that tells me that 'fas enjoys being Black. she loves her culture. BDay alone. She is the epitome of a strong Black womuh.

Yes she has her Creole heritage, and mess, and she has every right to celebrate that as well cuz its hers and she's not claiming something she's not. But at the end of the day she still realizes she is a Black womuh. And she is proud of ALL of her heritage. And the disadvantages and hurdles that come with it, for her and others. I am HERE for 'fas and everything this bitch is standing for.

:letsmessfag: well said 'fro
:traciandchelle:

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on March 26, 2016, 01:42:36 PM
I don't think people realize that sis didn't HAVE to do any of this! Forget the charts or whatever, this is one of the biggest international superstars; people were already anticipating her next move long before Formation. She doesn't NEED this to sell or garner buzz lol. It's actually a big risk she's taking here since it's pretty much catered to one demographic.

I could see it being a risk, but I could also see it being more of a conscious image change from aloof pop star to outspoken social activist. Either way, she deserves props for speaking out and pushing the convo back to the forefront.
!!!!!!

A positive outcome is still a positive.

H.#.G.*.Z

MelMel

Quote from: BENTLEY! on March 26, 2016, 01:05:13 PM
Will the alberm be free? Or will portions be donated to some cause?

No one knows but it wouldn't be the first time she used her money to pay for stuff for the BLM movement. Like when her and Jay paid for the protesters to get out of jail of when they donated 1.5 million through Tidal to BLM and what not.

Herb.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on March 26, 2016, 01:42:36 PM

Exactly.

I really couldn't careless about any deep rooted intent. Just like I didn't really care that Rosa just didn't feel like getting out of her seat cuz she was tired. :dead: I'm here for the message and its impact.

Let's keep the conversation goin! :cheerup:

One Of Those Nights.

Quote from: GOLD on March 26, 2016, 01:26:12 PM
Work!
No one else is bringing up these important issues in their music and performance
I think we're fortunate to have one of the biggest stars in the world doing this
Michael and Janet touched on this but not as overt as Beyonce is doing it
Gotta applaud her for that

Are you serious?!

Michael tackled issues like this all the time.

"Black or White" and "Don't Care About Us" are two major examples.

BranLover

Quote from: MelMel on March 26, 2016, 01:44:05 PM
Quote from: BENTLEY! on March 26, 2016, 01:05:13 PM
Will the alberm be free? Or will portions be donated to some cause?

No one knows but it wouldn't be the first time she used her money to pay for stuff for the BLM movement. Like when her and Jay paid for the protesters to get out of jail of when they donated 1.5 million through Tidal to BLM and what not.

No wonder why this girl is so successful. Most people don't realize the importance of paying it forward. 

Herb.

Quote from: One Of Those Nights. on March 26, 2016, 01:45:33 PM
Work!
No one else is bringing up these important issues in their music and performance
I think we're fortunate to have one of the biggest stars in the world doing this

Are you serious?!

Michael promoted unity for the most part. As did Janet.
If I'm not mistaking.
it was more like... "hey guys, stop racism. lets dance, doesn't matter if ur black or white, color is nonexistent! welcome to my perfect nation  :ohwow: "

'fas is promoting ... stop fucking shooting us, leave our kids the fuck alone, and I love being fucking Black! let's get out our Afro picks! lmao! :cheerup:

it's a bit different. But GODnet and Michael definitely weren't hush on social issues.

Bulldagger

Wow, she is really trying to end up blackballed like Janet Jackson.

I'll hold further opinions until the video is out.

MelMel

Quote from: Bulldagger on March 26, 2016, 01:50:18 PM
Wow, she is really trying to end up blackballed like Janet Jackson.

I'll hold further opinions until the video is out.

How about we don't care for it either way

One Of Those Nights.

Quote from: Herbie on March 26, 2016, 01:49:16 PM
Quote from: One Of Those Nights. on March 26, 2016, 01:45:33 PM
Work!

Are you serious?!

Michael promoted unity for the most part. As did Janet.
If I'm not mistaking.
it was more like... "hey guys, stop racism. lets dance, doesn't matter if ur black or white, color is nonexistent! welcome to my perfect nation  :ohwow: "

'fas is promoting ... stop fucking shooting us, leave our kids the fuck alone, and I love being fucking Black! let's get out our Afro picks! lmao! :cheerup:

it's a bit different. But GODnet and Michael definitely weren't hush on social issues.

Have you seen / heard "They Don't Care About Us"? He's saying society doesn't care about black people and has police in his video. He wasn't tip toe-ing there.