Beyonce accused of stealing the "Hold Up" video concept??

Started by Mel., May 01, 2016, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brandy Barbie

I think the thing with Beyonc? is she almost always takes an unknown a artist's work, and she won't say a thing about it being inspired by someone else.  So when it come out, it looks like she was passing it off as her own unique concept.

Chris Brown talks about being inspired by MJ in almost every interview.  He gives a lot of credit to MJ for inspiring him.  Lady Gaga gives credit to Madonna. Beyonc? usually doesn't do that.

And this Asian girl assaulting the car is not the best example.  We've all seen Beyonc? take entire dance routines and entire performance scenes and concepts from lesser known acts.

throwintheTAL

Quote from: Drais. on May 01, 2016, 12:39:01 PM
Tears at the way this backfired.

You can literally find a receipt of every single mainstream artist "stealing" something. No one just cares to dig because most aren't as popular as Beyonc?   

http://kotaku.com/chris-browns-zero-artwork-sure-looks-familiar-1739996041

And there's ALOT more.   
:howfestive:

Mel.

Id respect her soooooooooooo much more
if she actually gave credit to where its due, but she doesn't
she puts things out as her own and not until she gets called out

she then gives credit.
just like when she said she wrote "irreplaceable" and Ne-Yo said "no ma'am...I did"
then she went on record to say Ne-Yo wrote it.

BigDawg

Quote from: Mel. on May 01, 2016, 12:38:48 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on May 01, 2016, 12:32:44 PM
Well, I don't think it is according to us. But her success, accomplishments and accolades speak for itself.

no, it you all...
pretty much

I'm not taking away from what she's accomplished. I'm not screaming her name atop the rafters
but I will never come for her accomplishments, because she is accomplished

my issue is purely on the fact that she constantly takes other artists' shit.
takes credit for and get praised, when it's not her ideas...
meanwhile the originators dont get that respect....its like she erases their ideas
and people only see it as her's

I don't think that's right.
But even if she gives praise to this girl throwing a bannana through a car window, still no one will really care who she is.

Mel.

I think Beyonce is a bona fide SOCIOPATH
among being NARCISSISTIC and other things...

I truly believe that.

BigDawg

Mel.

throwintheTAL

May 01, 2016, 12:45:55 PM #83 Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:46:37 PM by sumcatbroad
Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on May 01, 2016, 12:40:49 PM
I think the thing with Beyonc? is she almost always takes an unknown a artist's work, and she won't say a thing about it being inspired by someone else.  So when it come out, it looks like she was passing it off as her own unique concept.

Chris Brown talks about being inspired by MJ in almost every interview.  He gives a lot of credit to MJ for inspiring him.  Lady Gaga gives credit to Madonna. Beyonc? usually doesn't do that.

And this Asian girl assaulting the car is not the best example.  We've all seen Beyonc? take entire dance routines and entire performance scenes and concepts from lesser known acts.
proof? She took routines off YouTube for Run the World, but she flew the YouTube choreographers out to be in her video.

Mel.

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Mel. on May 01, 2016, 12:45:47 PM
Quote from: Nine on May 01, 2016, 12:44:24 PM
u sound crazy hun

that's fine...
you're a stan. you're supposed to say that. lol
n

or y'know ya actually sound...out of it

:ohwow:

Monika

If the people who follow her aren't bothered by it, so be it. If you don't like that she does this, then let her not be an entertainer that you support.
Yahudah

LOONA.

You sound dumb saying she stole something that she hasn't even claimed as her own original idea. You're obviously just bored cause you're not making even sense.

g

Mel.

I mean...
you stan a girl that thinks she can compare herself to god

I might not be the only crazy one. lol

BigDawg

Quote from: Mo on May 01, 2016, 12:47:13 PM
If the people who follow her aren't bothered by it, so be it. If you don't like that she does this, then let her not be an entertainer that you support.
That is what I don't understand. Mel says he loves the album and the visual, but then calls her a thief, etc.