Dawn Releases New "Infrared" EP

Started by Freemala Harris, May 06, 2016, 11:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.betterwiseup

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 07, 2016, 07:55:12 AM
Yea, kelis is shit and so is her music.  Throwing on tribal face paint aint making her no real damn artist
Dawn ugly ass did it...5 years later with that stale trash music.
Kelis is just so far ahead of Dawn.
Dawn is like the Great Value Twigs & Kelela.

Opposites Attract.

and no one knows Dawn personally to say what's genuine or not. Like that's stupid. What does any of that have to do with the music? The art? When I'm listening to a song/album I'm not thinking about whether the artist is genuine or not. That's irrelevant.

When people have falling outs, of course a person would bad mouth their name but since then no one has EVER came out and spoke negatively of Dawn. I've also never heard Dawn speak negatively about Dru or Aub/Shannon publicly for that matter either.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Vonc2002

Quote from: Rajesha on May 07, 2016, 08:03:17 AM
My fellow hearts, don't you feel
Dawn is a BIT pretentious though sometimes ...
Yea,  sometimes. I still feel that her music is authentically her tho.  The girl is indie and coming out her own pocket to give us this music.  Why tf would she create music that she didn't connect with,  there's no reason to. 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: .betterwiseup on May 07, 2016, 08:06:10 AM
Yea, kelis is shit and so is her music.  Throwing on tribal face paint aint making her no real damn artist
Kelis makes shit music, she has a shit voice, and the only thing that made her earlier work even tolerable was the music that came at the hands of Pharrell n nem. She's a terrible musician :kii:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Wtv

yeah, Ive always found the "trying too hard" comment stupid. You can tell those who use to say that dont know much about art, so each time they hear something different is "trying too hard"   :dead: :dead: :dead:

I guess some people only listen to Bieber, Taylor, Ariana or Rihanna, lol.
Art is a whole big world, sadly not many people can appreciate something not generic

Vonc2002

May 07, 2016, 08:14:56 AM #50 Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:15:48 AM by Vonc2002
Quote from: Margeaux. on May 07, 2016, 08:06:13 AM
and no one knows Dawn personally to say what's genuine or not. Like that's stupid. What does any of that have to do with the music? The art? When I'm listening to a song/album I'm not thinking about whether the artist is genuine or not. That's irrelevant.

When people have falling outs, of course a person would bad mouth their name but since then no one has EVER came out and spoke negatively of Dawn. I've also never heard Dawn speak negatively about Dru or Aub/Shannon publicly for that matter either.
I agree. The music business is a shady ass business and not set up to make these life long ass friends. Thats why i dont even bother going in those "brandy fell out with this hoe " threads. We dont know these people and don't know the reason behind their shit, and don't even know if ANY of the shit is true.  All sitting around speculating on if hoes are still friends, plea

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 07, 2016, 08:11:27 AM
Kelis makes shit music, she has a shit voice, and the only thing that made her earlier work even tolerable was the music that came at the hands of Pharrell n nem. She's a terrible musician :kii:

Cooking channel canceled her FOOD show after 3 episodes.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Vonc2002

Quote from: Scott LeBeau on May 07, 2016, 08:12:47 AM
yeah, Ive always found the "trying too hard" comment stupid. You can tell those who use to say that dont know much about art, so each time they hear something different is "trying too hard"   :dead: :dead: :dead:

Art is a whole big world, sadly not many people can appreciate something not generic
I kinda sorta agree. Maybe not that they dont know about "art" but we come to like certain sounds and styles from people and expect them to give us that moment in time FOREVER.  Its just not realistic. People grow and evolve in life so why would they be stagnant in their art, it's silly imo. There just comes a time when u have to stop listening to certain artists and that's ok.

.betterwiseup

May 07, 2016, 08:20:47 AM #53 Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:21:34 AM by .betterwiseup
Geez! Queenlis got you angry over there. :plzstop:
Dawn fake edgy is going nowhere fast. Nothing about her is mindblowing or fresh.
Only basic fags like yourself think the trash that she's making is something innovative.
Dawn is a joke lol.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Margeaux. on May 07, 2016, 08:17:36 AM

Cooking channel canceled her FOOD show after 3 episodes.
Did they really think someone was gon watch that mess :plzstop:

.betterwiseup

May 07, 2016, 08:24:30 AM #55 Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:25:01 AM by .betterwiseup
Quote from: Scott LeBeau on May 07, 2016, 08:12:47 AM

I don't listen to any of those artists, but I know that what Dawn is doing is just not authentic.
Even in her interviews she tries to give deep, "I grew up listening to this artist and that artist" when be sounding a plum fool.
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Wtv

you are talking about her as a person, not about her music.

Could you just talk about her music? the actual issue of the topic? lol

Zankou.