Found my family on official Choctaw Indian Tribe Rolls

Started by Ashley Bank$, May 09, 2016, 04:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Quote from: Bois Ca?man on May 09, 2016, 04:10:48 PM
I'm sorry but I am very excited about this. :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
One of the biggest breaks yet during my research. And it came so easily. :dead:

I knew that the Haitian Free People of Color mixed with Natives upon their arrival to the states, it's just part of the history, but I didn't know which tribe would be relevant to my family in that sense. So I just randomly searched last night, and I got it! :cheerup: It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

My great grandfather's mess is giving me receipt  :receipts: after receipt :receipts: after receipt :receipts:  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
and they're coming so quickly

Ommmmmmmmmmmg!!!

Wtf; what kinda omfffff

So do u get like privileges and mess?! Omffff

Lemme go through this thread.  :stressed:

Young

Quote from: Bois Ca?man on May 09, 2016, 04:32:10 PM
kii.

The kii cackle is that I qualify for membership to the tribe. Choctaw law states that any descendant of official tribal members is considered Choctaw blood and can become member, just would have to get the paperwork together. Honestly I don't see myself going through that tedious process though. This is one of those things that I'll leave in the "cool to know" file. :wub: :wub:

Omg sis :stressed:

Young

This is why knowing who you are and where you come from is important Omff

Young

Quote from: Bois Ca?man on May 09, 2016, 04:46:34 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on May 09, 2016, 04:41:43 PM
Do you get some kinda land or something if you did become a member?
You get tribal benefits and mess. Chocktaw is a federally recognized tribe so there's   mess here and there. To be totally honest, as you guys have seen I'm really more interested in knowing who I am than learning the "perks" of my family history so I haven't really looked into any benefits.

The only reason I'd probably become member when I get a little older is maybe so my kids can know that smaller part of their roots. And so that as much of my family identity is kept as possible. I do plan on having kids believe it or not. :plzstop: I'm happy to know that I'll be able to tell them a lot more about me and my family.

Fucking beautiful

Young

Wow.

I really want to be able to dig into my mess. I really have to find the time to commit to this. I dunno what I'm going to find and I'm not particularly looking for anything but I just want to know details

This is so inspiring sis; YOU are inspiring. I really can't say that enough ❤️

Inject My Lips

Quote from: herbie. on May 09, 2016, 04:32:10 PM
kii.

The kii cackle is that I qualify for membership to the tribe. Choctaw law states that any descendant of official tribal members is considered Choctaw blood and can become member, just would have to get the paperwork together. Honestly I don't see myself going through that tedious process though. This is one of those things that I'll leave in the "cool to know" file. :wub: :wub:

ommff :plzstop:  You better go claim your rightful place!!!

KING BENTLEY.

But, even tho we just got done with a tug fest

You should really claim membership even if it's tedious.

I only say that because in my area there has been concern over the erasure of "black" Indians.

They have tribal commercials all over local TV here with blonde hair blue eyed ppl repping "their" culture.

Native Americans come in all colors so the darker skinned Natives were FUMING, especially since they are the most immersed in the culture. It was in bad taste.

Carry that torch bby!

H.#.G.*.Z

LOONA.

It's crazy how a single picture led to all this tea.

Even crazier how the internet has all this tea on ur family and heritage.  :dead: :plzstop:

I'll do my mess someday, but right now it just seems a little too extensive for me to really dig into.