Say something nice about a member you tend to "oppose"...

Started by Sharon., May 11, 2016, 07:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel.

Quote from: 1Tarig on May 11, 2016, 03:21:13 PM
Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 03:15:40 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 11, 2016, 03:09:00 PM
Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 03:06:01 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 11, 2016, 03:04:21 PM
who in here said we gon be besties? just because we can recognize positive attributes about someone and voice them, we're attempting to be bffs? some of ya'll just WHEW

hun...
I just see a lot of phoniness on this board

that's my opinion...let me have it.
where's the phoniness? surely it isnt in us voicing what someone's positives characteristics are. I dont think anyone in here said we should all go out to dinner. u cant respect qualities about someone without them being your bestfriend?

the phoniness is threads like this...
it just screams fake to me....yall say these nice things about each other

just to read and say nasty things about each other the following day.
the concept is weird to me...
people are choosing to focus on the positive, coerced or not

Try and Go back to the Mel that would appreciate something like that no matter how many times you've seen this kind of thread take a turn.

there's nothing to go back to. I haven't changed...I'm still me
and the "mel" you thought I was would never appreciate phoniness either.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Kurama on May 11, 2016, 03:23:49 PM
N

No seriously though, I think everyone I have been at odds with is pretty intelligent, passionate and outspoken (Herb,Vonc, Drais; even 'Man & Yumz). I'm not going to go back and forth with a fool unless Im bored lolz.

I think it really just depends on how invested either party is about the particular topic and the intent behind the messages that are being conveyed during the debate. I can drag and get dragged and still have respect and admiration for someone if the sincerity and respect is there afterward.

I don't get this from everyone here or everyone I mentioned so I can't really say specific positive statements the way I'd like to.
:stressed:
Such a beautiful thread.  Theo u still aint gettin my fckn vote but luv u TOO much, ok?
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Pearls Khan

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 11, 2016, 03:18:19 PM
Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 03:06:45 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 11, 2016, 02:59:07 PM
Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 01:52:41 PM
Quote from: Zinc on May 11, 2016, 01:48:25 PM
Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 01:43:57 PM
Quote from: Zinc on May 11, 2016, 01:42:14 PM
Welp. There goes that

did you expect anything else? lol

Tbh no. I kinda agree with your post. You don't have to say nice things if you don't like the person. It kinda feels forced and isn't coming from a real place. At most at least be cordial towards one another.
This is all assuming that there is a genuine dislike for the person. As opposed to a clashing of personalities or opinion. Many people on here are on/off through disagreement. I cannot say there are many people on here who genuinely hate each other.

I can kii with Yumz and Kur one minute, and be ready to straggle them the next. Same with Mel, same with Vonc. Same with Bent.

There's nothing wrong with taking time to recognize the good things about them, instead of spending all the time pointing out where they were wrong, or where they lack. I think this is a great thread.

I meant everything I typed.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont hate anyone on here, it aint that damn deep
I could tell that you didn't dislike me. We had our little disagreement and it went downhill from there. And I think that was more on my part, a misinterpretation of something you said, being on the defensive led me to lash at you a bit. I've always been very sensitive and serious about my quest to know who I am. And in that spirit, you were attacked with no merit.

And being the stubborn person that I can be, I didn't admit that I may have been wrong in my interpretation of your question. Even way down the line when it clicked that "Hey, Vonc may have been asking a genuine question and not throwing shade." But I will say now that I was wrong and I am sorry. You never had an issue with me and we were always usually here >><< on a lot of things until I took something the wrong way.

:wub: :wub:
You know what, I genuinely do appreciate this afro because I honestly never had an issue with u until that day. Im someone who's pretty vocal when im at odds with someone so i thought the whole thing was left field. up until that point we had always been very cool and I really wasnt trying to be sideways.......that day, every other day after that yea maybe lolz. I  really did feel the sincerity here, thank u.

beautiful.

b7

Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 03:27:20 PM
who in here said we gon be besties? just because we can recognize positive attributes about someone and voice them, we're attempting to be bffs? some of ya'll just WHEW

hun...

where's the phoniness? surely it isnt in us voicing what someone's positives characteristics are. I dont think anyone in here said we should all go out to dinner. u cant respect qualities about someone without them being your bestfriend?

Try and Go back to the Mel that would appreciate something like that no matter how many times you've seen this kind of thread take a turn.

would you comment on it and focus on the negative you have yet to even witness though? You're pretty much putting it into the universe and guaranteeing these same people will be participating in nothing but dragging and negativity tomorrow

Kurama

Rig you've become very existential/spiritual a bit. I enjoy.

b7

Quote from: Kurama on May 11, 2016, 03:31:39 PM
you've always seen me for me, no matter what stage I'm at or space I'm in. Thats special and I appreciate it so much

Zankou.

I found the truth beneath Rig's lies
and true love never has to hide
:stressed:

GLOCK

Quote from: 1Tarig on May 11, 2016, 03:13:38 PM
Quote from: GLOCK for MOD 2016 on May 11, 2016, 03:10:24 PM
Stop lying to these girls Rig.
idk how to do that anymore

In this space I'm in (and never leaving) I don't say what I don't feel

the next Rig!!

Zankou.

Quote from: Kurama on May 11, 2016, 03:31:39 PM

!!!!!

it's very refreshing. Not that anything was wrong with the way he acted before. I know he's genuinely happy  :ATLcameo:

Mel.

Quote from: 1Tarig on May 11, 2016, 03:30:28 PM
Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 03:27:20 PM

hun...

would you comment on it and focus on the negative you have yet to even witness though? You're pretty much putting it into the universe and guaranteeing these same people will be participating in nothing but dragging and negativity tomorrow

oh, its pretty much a guarantee.
I just know how this board operates..

read, shade, let's appreciate, read, shade, let's appreciate...rinse and repeat
we'll have another one of these threads in a month or two...

LOONA.

Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 01:33:33 PM
these faux "we are the world", threads....
yall dont like these gorls, like be real....yall will be at it tomorrow
some people just don't mesh...and that's fine

besides...you shouldn't have to be TOLD to say something nice to someone. It should kinda just BE that way..

BAPHOMET.

Mel.

if yall werent so NASTY toward each other on the regular basis
we wouldn't need threads like this....