What determines if you like a song or not?

Started by Kurama, May 25, 2016, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Maybe not something that I havent expressed or become aware of but I just wanna connect with the song and what ur saying. I need to empathize, sympathize, SOMETHING! That's why I dont like alot of younger R&B. They usually aint talking about shit or the lyric is so damn basic
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

production is one thing. the melody (consistent or otherwise) has to be GOOD, period.

The vocal is important if im listening to a singer no matter the genre, and then eventually i get into the lyrics. If i really really like a song, THEN i start tuning into the lyrical conent, unless its a basic song and pretty straight forward, obviously.

yummy

I just realized I don't pay attention to lyrics half the time. I usually get caught up in the melody and production.

I've actually read lyrics to a song before and developed a new appreciation for it after I listen again with lyrics in mind. :ohwow:

b7

May 25, 2016, 04:42:29 PM #33 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:42:42 PM by 1Tarig
Quote from: Kurama on May 25, 2016, 04:08:32 PM
I typically go up for how the song ends and how it begins. The atmosphere it creates. The things I can feel/imagine while listening. I think that comes from the melody and flow more than anything.

Vocals and lyrics usually come last.
!!!! my ears need to be CAPTURED within the first 20-30 seconds. whatever it is, something better damn do it

:nowgorl:

Vonc2002

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on May 25, 2016, 04:39:19 PM
His music is the epitome of "atmosphere". He has quickly become of of my faves.

I posted about him before, but you fags paid it. :dead:
boy because we didnt fckn like it :nowgorl:
nah but lemme see
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Kurama

Quote from: ANIMMAI on May 25, 2016, 04:40:14 PM
It depends on the genre.

If it's something outside of R&B/pop, I can ignore something like shrill vocals or sparse production.

!!!

Yeah I definitely see having requirements depending on what genre.

b7

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on May 25, 2016, 04:25:31 PM

I love this song, but I have no idea what they are saying.
However, I can still feel the song and interpret it the way I want.

I love music that stimulates me, no matter how basic or complex it may be.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY

Like, there are songs that really put me in a mood.

I don't even have a man, but certain songs have me feeling like I'm in love, heartbroken, or pissed off over a man that doesn't even exist.

Or I'm just dramatic as hell :plzstop:

Vonc2002

Quote from: ANIMMAI on May 25, 2016, 04:41:49 PM

I've actually read lyrics to a song before and developed a new appreciation for it after I listen again with lyrics in mind. :ohwow:
!!!!!!!!!!
This is how I am all the time

b7

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 25, 2016, 04:43:52 PM

!!!!!!!!!!
YES!

b7

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on May 25, 2016, 04:43:49 PM
Like, there are songs that really put me in a mood.

I don't even have a man, but certain songs have me feeling like I'm in love, heartbroken, or pissed off over a man that doesn't even exist.

Or I'm just dramatic as hell :plzstop:
ccvvvvvcvccccv >>><<<

be in my car FUMING 

yummy

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 25, 2016, 04:43:52 PM

!!!!!!!!!!

I read the lyrics to Janet's "If" and bitchhhh

I use that song so much more now that I know what she's actually saying in the verses

BranLover

The beat and melody. Also, good harmonies and backgrounds usually seal the deal for me.