All this mess is making me reconsider having kids

Started by Ashley Bank$, July 08, 2016, 07:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerBomb

Quote from: indigenous. on July 08, 2016, 07:36:57 PM
Quote from: Chao on July 08, 2016, 07:31:49 PM
Quote from: Ms Malika on July 08, 2016, 07:30:43 PM
Quote from: GoDiegoGo on July 08, 2016, 07:29:42 PM
If you flip it though, I guess it makes people want to raise independent, strong-willed leaders to help change the world
!!!!!!
Your kids could be the ones to change the scene
!!!

not wen it come to hair stuff tho

but evryone and thing have purposes
bhhjjjhhhgggggggf

The first thing they will be taught is hair care

Then how to interact with police, survive and thrive blah blah and all that other stuff (if time allows)
hhgguiiiiiiii

Cowgirl

[instagram]

Quote from: amberroseI woke up this morning to my beautiful son with such a heavy heart. I grabbed my baby and kissed him, hugged him, told him how beautiful his skin and hair is and let him know that one day he will be able to change the world and I will love him and accept him no matter what. I stayed off of social media all day today to spend every waking second of my day off with my boy and loved him up. Now that he?s warm in his bed it is so bittersweet that I have my baby next to me and other women are losing their babies left and right. I?m filled with such sadness. Alton and Philando were somebodies babies and they had babies themselves. Kiss ur babies tonight no matter how old they are and tell them you love them more then anything! Because at this rate we don?t know how much time we have left with them.

Queen Rose has me in tears.
:stressed:

FlowerBomb

Not herb Jr. knowing the difference between a conditioner and perm and not knowing Africa is real

yummy

I don't think there's ever been a time where the world seemed like a fitting place to bring a child into.

In that case, all of our parents were kinda out of it. :mmyulost:

BAPHOMET.

July 08, 2016, 07:39:12 PM #19 Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:39:42 PM by Baphomet.
Quote from: GRAND on July 08, 2016, 07:37:19 PM
Has Earth EVER been in harmony?

Nope and it never will. as sad as that sounds.
You just gotta do what you feel.

D.I.E.G.O.

The weird thing is, many young Black men are taught about police and the legal system in completely different ways than their white counterparts. My parents taught me early on about how to conduct myself with police and the importance of knowing my rights. It's crazy.

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: Ms Malika on July 08, 2016, 07:33:49 PM
Def not leaving mine vulnerable and exposed to the school system though
Mine are going to be educated on everything 'black''

!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the problem in America. There is no variety in the History/Social Studies curriculum. I mean looking back to text books, there were hardly any minority images. When they mention slavery they skip over all the hardships and only talked about the accomplishments made by Powerful Blacks (Harriet, Rosa, Martin, Mal X, etc). We are taught to learn so much about what White People did for this country but they leave out the fact that Blacks helped build thus country as well.

Obama being president really brought out the worst because I swear prior to 2008, racism seemed like a myth.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

yummy

Quote from: indigenous. on July 08, 2016, 07:36:57 PM
Quote from: Chao on July 08, 2016, 07:31:49 PM
Quote from: Ms Malika on July 08, 2016, 07:30:43 PM
Quote from: GoDiegoGo on July 08, 2016, 07:29:42 PM
If you flip it though, I guess it makes people want to raise independent, strong-willed leaders to help change the world
!!!!!!
Your kids could be the ones to change the scene
!!!

not wen it come to hair stuff tho

but evryone and thing have purposes
bhhjjjhhhgggggggf

The first thing they will be taught is hair care

dlfdfd'fdjfnfdneef

guess the abc's and how to wipe your ass can wait

Cowgirl

Quote from: Margeaux. on July 08, 2016, 07:40:59 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the problem in America. There is no variety in the History/Social Studies curriculum. I mean looking back to text books, there were hardly any minority images. When they mention slavery they skip over all the hardships and only talked about the accomplishments made by Powerful Blacks (Harriet, Rosa, Martin, Mal X, etc). We are taught to learn so much about what White People did for this country but they leave out the fact that Blacks helped build thus country as well.

Obama being president really brought out the worst because I swear prior to 2008, racism seemed like a myth.
Interesting.

FlowerBomb

My father had us reading hundreds of book from a young age
Told us so many stories about where he, my mum and their family came from, their history, culture ect. Always lectured us and told us about how we have to portray ourselves because of our skin colour but to be always proud and shameless of it.
I'm def passing that down to my kids

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: Margeaux. on July 08, 2016, 07:40:59 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!

A myth to whom, hun?

King

Quote from: indigenous. on July 08, 2016, 07:22:16 PM
It almost feels like it would be a selfish decision to intentionally bring a child into such a horrible world. Especially a child of color. :stressed:

K

Just move to another country..

GRAND

asians too

except they dont mind dealing with racism and deny it cause they desperately want to be a white mans cum slut