How much is your rent? And what do you consider too much?

Started by Inject My Lips, July 18, 2016, 03:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zankou.

Quote from: Trey on July 18, 2016, 08:03:17 AM
Quote from: 1 9 9 2 on July 18, 2016, 03:34:36 AM
v; you can get a three bedroom house for 600-700 in GA :uhh: :dead:
g

Yea... That's why I don't know if I'll stay in NYC forever. It's cute for now, but I think I'll eventually move back down south. What I'm paying for rent up here could be a nice mortgage on a 4 bedroom HOUSE down south.

:udontlookok:

when did you move to NYC

:everythingok:

downtownbrown

I'm in NYC.
Brooklyn.
1 bedroom a block from the 3/4 train.
$1,500 a month.

Everyone complains about rent prices here, and rightfully so in many cases, but you're paying for access. You're in the epicenter of the fucking world. Any and everything is in NYC. That allows more of a possibility to also make a lot of fucking money. The sky is the limit.

Gentrification is a mess though. Not fucking here for that. They truly are the problem when it comes to rent in NYC. That's another story.

downtownbrown

And it also depends on where you want to live in New York. People who aren't from here forget there's more to New York than Manhattan. If you really want to live here, you can. It may be in Staten Island or deep in the Bronx in a two fare zone with a 2 hr commute, but you can live in NYC for under $1k if you are hungry enough.

Bigmacthawoppa

July 18, 2016, 01:10:02 PM #64 Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:12:01 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
So I moved from NC to the SF Bay Area at the beginning of this year and my rent for a 2 bedroom 1000 sqft house is 4k per month. It's insane. To put it in context we own a 2000 sqft house in Raleigh NC and our mortgage is only 1400 per month  :dead:

But yeah, this is definitely not worth it. AT ALL. Everything's so gotdamn expensive and the people out here are fake af. Had planned on doing 2 years out here but honestly now am just trying to make it to one. I think I'm just an east coast gorl at heart. NY SHITS on SF any day of the week tbh  :letsmessfag:

Marilyn

Warm weather the whole year, too.  You only need a light jacket during winter. Not no THICK gloves and scarves and mess. No brainer.

Marilyn

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 18, 2016, 01:10:02 PM
So I moved from NC to the SF Bay Area at the beginning of this year and my rent for a 2 bedroom 1000 sqft house is 4k per month. It's insane. To put it in context we own a 2000 sqft house in Raleigh NC and our mortgage is only 1400 per month  :dead:

But yeah, this is definitely not worth it. AT ALL. Everything's so gotdamn expensive and the people out here are fake af. Had planned on doing 2 years out here but honestly now am just trying to make it to one. I think I'm just an east coast gorl at heart. NY SHITS on SF any day of the week tbh  :letsmessfag:

not 50k towards rent alone every year

r u wealthy

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Marilyn on July 18, 2016, 01:14:45 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 18, 2016, 01:10:02 PM

not 50k towards rent alone every year

r u wealthy

Lol well no, now we're poor af b/c of this rent  :dead:

We actually only moved out here because my bf got a career opportunity he couldn't pass up, with the potential for a lucrative stock payout. I got lucky as fuck and found a good-paying job in environmental consulting, otherwise we'd be evicted and homeless.

But I have to write those checks and I almost puke everytime I'm signing.

Vonc2002

I dont mind cold weather. I like sweater, scarves, and shit. I like different seasons.....oh and further more, the south just seems pretty LATE imo LOLZ!!!!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Inject My Lips

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 18, 2016, 01:19:24 PM
I dont mind cold weather. I like sweater, scarves, and shit. I like different seasons.....oh and further more, the south just seems pretty LATE imo LOLZ!!!!

Plus all them sundown towns!  Don't nobody got time to be ran off the road cause you black in the wrong neighborhood.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: imani on July 18, 2016, 01:24:20 PM
Quote from: Marilyn on July 18, 2016, 01:09:55 PM
n

the south >

!!! Everything is reasonable here.

Tbh, yeah. I grew up in the south and kinda hated it but now that I've moved away I'm realizing how good most things are down there.

Shame all the ignorant rednecks choose to live there though. Progressively we are behind the times.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Hazeleyes on July 18, 2016, 01:21:54 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 18, 2016, 01:19:24 PM

Plus all them sundown towns!  Don't nobody got time to be ran off the road cause you black in the wrong neighborhood.
Yea, im the wrong type of nigga for the south. And honestly, I feel like alot of people from the south have a mentality that i just can't really appreciate. And those fckn accents :plzstop:
Yea, im good
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FAMÈ

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 18, 2016, 12:37:23 PM
Boy Chicago>>>>>>>>>>
Anyone saying otherwise aint been here LOLZ
!!!!

I walked downtown in the fucking BLIZZARD. I was still living. It's beautiful.

Vonc2002