As much as It pains me to say this, this album aint fckn good

Started by Vonc2002, August 18, 2016, 11:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

4 fucking k

v

Yea, it got old fast. Maybe, she should've been patient with 'Bert.

Vonc2002

SOMETHING, cause I dont truly love any song on it tbh. The song I like the most is probably I made it, which is ironic cause that's just how I feel at the end of that fckn album :overit:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

4 fucking k

and the album isn't very Soul Rock-ish like she was promoting it to be. I want to hear the original album tbh.

Sinpool

Vonc2002

Quote from: imani on August 19, 2016, 12:05:59 AM
and the album isn't very Soul Rock-ish like she was promoting it to be. I want to hear the original album tbh.
that's what I was thinking too. Like where are all the "rock soul" tracks? It honestly sounds like an album ud expect from one of our old divas. Like if this were a patti album or something then Id be more willing to clap

4 fucking k

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 19, 2016, 12:08:08 AM
Quote from: imani on August 19, 2016, 12:05:59 AM
that's what I was thinking too. Like where are all the "rock soul" tracks? It honestly sounds like an album ud expect from one of our old divas. Like if this were a patti album or something then Id be more willing to clap

I'm crying  :plzstop: cause this is such an accurate description. It's giving me "I'm a retired legend who just wants Urban AC spins" wtf. Yea, this is a let down. The production is solid, the songwriting is cute but it's missing something. It doesn't feel like Tasia to me. Honestly Sleepin' is the only song that is very Tasia. She really let have vocally on that song. The other songs it feels like she was holding back. I guess Ron Flair doesn't like her squalling.

Vonc2002

I do like ugly and When I met u but I agree that SOMETHING is missing. Like she didnt go all the way off or something. I saw young raving about Rollercoaster and thats one of the WORST messes. Im like wtf am I missing :uhh:

4 fucking k

I like that neo-soul song with another singer. She shat for that. Ugly is beaut'.

Scott.

I haven't listened to it, but y'all know her last album was supposed to be rock-soul. These labels get in the way of a lot of these artists' artistry. She recorded an WHOLE album with Raphael Saadiq and the album didn't want. I hate it when the labels step in and dumb down the artists. The same with K, I was looking forward to the country mess until they came along

Vonc2002

Quote from: imani on August 19, 2016, 12:19:02 AM
I like that neo-soul song with another singer. She shat for that. Ugly is beaut'.
"stay up"
yea, I guess its ALRIGHT! :overit:
but that's the thing, none of this album is just like WOO, Need to hear that AGAIN

.betterwiseup

Great album. Just wish it had more songs with rock soul like "Lonely Legend".

Vonc2002

Quote from: Scott. on August 19, 2016, 12:21:57 AM
I haven't listened to it, but y'all know her last album was supposed to be rock-soul. These labels get in the way of a lot of these artists' artistry. She recorded an WHOLE album with Raphael Saadiq and the album didn't want. I hate it when the labels step in and dumb down the artists. The same with K, I was looking forward to the country mess until they came along
I was watching her on facebook live and she said something about being grateful being able to make the album she wanted to make. Now I bet a Raphael Saadiq backed album was something like amazing. where tf is THAT cause :overit:

Scott.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 19, 2016, 12:24:35 AM
Quote from: Scott. on August 19, 2016, 12:21:57 AM
I was watching her on facebook live and she said something about being grateful being able to make the album she wanted to make. Now I bet a Raphael Saadiq backed album was something like amazing. where tf is THAT cause :overit:

Just like on the last album, the only song that was CLOSE to Rock-SOul was probably "Get It RIGHT"

Sovereign.

I like the album actually. It's certainly doesn't live up to Tasia's fullest potential i.e. 'Back To Me' and self titled however,  its solid and consistent. 'When I Met You',  'Ugly',  'Stay Up' and 'Lonely Legend' are my favs.