The 2016 MTV VMA Thread [Winners On First Page]

Started by charlie., August 28, 2016, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHOKE

August 29, 2016, 10:01:40 AM #2026 Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:02:27 AM by Chokeme
Time Magazine is going in  :uhh:

I thought the other performances were cute

QuoteThank goodness for Beyonc?.

MTV?s creative side and viewers alike can join in praise for the singer, whose electric performance of several songs from her album Lemonade saved this year?s Video Music Awards broadcast. It may be just about the only thing they agree on.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4470169/vmas-2016-mtv-review/%3fsource=dam?client=safari

It seems every major news outlet kinda thinks Bey stole the show

:ohwow:

GLOCK

Beyonce lipped her entire MESS so at least my sis came ready to give a bit of choreography and vocal

Everybody ain't able .. It seems

CHOKE

August 29, 2016, 10:19:55 AM #2028 Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:21:11 AM by Chokeme
n

The media kinda disagrees

QuoteLOW: Rihanna?s first three performances

The idea of Rihanna as the evening?s recurring motif ? a veritable medley of sequential medleys ? suggested an emphasis on quantity over quality. And although she was hardly the only performer of the night to lip-sync (nearly everyone but Beyonc? did), her lack of interest in even mouthing the words, or holding up the mic half the time, could be read either as a great F-you to the pretense of miming or just a lazy inattention to all the details of multitasking

HIGH: Beyonc?

Look, we?re not saying that Beyonc? was pretty much the only good thing about this show, but ? OK, we?re saying that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/music/2016-vmas-highs-and-lows-lemons-and-lemonade-053216814.html?client=safari

Like I said Rih was cute last night but Bey kind stole the show

:ohwow:

FINE.

All four of Rihanna's "performances" were terrible

CHOKE

I think she should have done 1 memorable performance instead of 4 forgettable ones

GLOCK

Beyonces entire last two eras have been filled with hype over actual execution

Her performance was a B at best last night
She lacked energy and the arrangement was terrible .. With the exception of when countdown sifted in..

Honestly at this point.. It's just like giving someone food who hasn't eating all day...
Anything you give them is gonna be satisfying
There's nothing about beyonces performance that made me go.. "Oh gotta see this again!"

And i actually gave her my undivided attention unlike everyone else

GLOCK

She's just sorta what u look forward to ...
The performance wasn't great .. It was good.. It was cool.. But yeah wasn't anything to rave about ... Or say she just owned the night

N
Everyone played their part..
No one gave me a full OWT slay

FlowerBomb

Yh she was the best but it's nothing we haven't seen before
It was like another tour performance
Loved Formation tho

GLOCK

Quote from: Capricorn King on August 29, 2016, 10:27:16 AM
Yh she was the best but it's nothing we haven't seen before
It was like another tour performance
Loved Formation tho
!
Yeah she did real good on formation

Marilyn

FINE.

Quote from: Chokeme on August 29, 2016, 10:22:15 AM
I think she should have done 1 memorable performance instead of 4 forgettable ones
im still tying to figure out why she performed more than once

Seems like shade tbh

CHOKE

n

Yeah I mean

CNN, Fox, ABC, Time, Et, Billboard Rolling Stone ect

All kinda say she owned the night lolz

:blessed:

FINE.

that was probably bey's best "don't hurt yourself" performance

Omffffffffffjjfjfjfjdjdjddjdjdkdkdkdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjddjdjdjdjdjjdjjdjdjdj

She fucking ATE

RAY7

Quote from: Chokeme on August 29, 2016, 10:31:36 AM
n

Yeah I mean

CNN, Fox, ABC, Time, Et, Billboard Rolling Stone ect

All kinda say she owned the night lolz

:blessed:
bmnjbgggh
Wow