I wonder what direction Brandy's gonna take musically

Started by MAY, September 12, 2016, 01:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.I.E.G.O.

September 17, 2016, 10:37:59 AM #135 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:40:42 AM by D.I.E.G.O.
Quote from: brocka4life on September 17, 2016, 09:56:39 AM
Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on September 17, 2016, 09:39:46 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on September 17, 2016, 09:27:59 AM
She's probably recorded a very personal, emotional body of work. But come time for her to release the project, someone will get in her ear and we will get another PID type single aimed at chasing Billboard. Seems her direction ALWAYS changes last minute.

I feel that will change this time around. It seems like she's a big part of the decision process with her new effort. I feel like she's in control moreso than before. Time will tell.

Oh and keep it light on my fave, hun.  :watchit:

This has been said on these boards for the last 3 eras...and AFRO was changed including the first single at the last minute. The direction for HUMAN changed...and seemed to have been blamed on Rodney. The direction for 2/11...umm, not quite the futuristic r&b that was promised.

I'm just going by the track record. And I'd rather keep it real, than to keep it "light"  :letsmessfag:

f "real?" You sound bitter and jaded. That's "real," bby. Also, you've previously stated that you don't get excited about Brandy news anymore, so your outlook isn't so surprising. We can agree to disagree.

brocka4life

Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on September 17, 2016, 10:37:59 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on September 17, 2016, 09:56:39 AM
Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on September 17, 2016, 09:39:46 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on September 17, 2016, 09:27:59 AM
She's probably recorded a very personal, emotional body of work. But come time for her to release the project, someone will get in her ear and we will get another PID type single aimed at chasing Billboard. Seems her direction ALWAYS changes last minute.

I feel that will change this time around. It seems like she's a big part of the decision process with her new effort. I feel like she's in control moreso than before. Time will tell.

Oh and keep it light on my fave, hun.  :watchit:

This has been said on these boards for the last 3 eras...and AFRO was changed including the first single at the last minute. The direction for HUMAN changed...and seemed to have been blamed on Rodney. The direction for 2/11...umm, not quite the futuristic r&b that was promised.

I'm just going by the track record. And I'd rather keep it real, than to keep it "light"  :letsmessfag:

f "real?" You sound bitter and jaded. That's "real," bby. Also, you've previously stated that you don't get excited about Brandy news anymore, so your outlook isn't so surprising. We can agree to disagree.

Yet you didn't refute any of the things that actually happened. And you quoted me to begin with. :plzstop: And how many times can you discuss the same hypothetical shit before it's LATE?

D.I.E.G.O.

September 17, 2016, 11:00:06 AM #137 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:00:59 AM by D.I.E.G.O.
ddf yeah, you're mad. Argue with yourself, hun.  :feelinmyself:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Annie on September 17, 2016, 05:14:27 AM
Quote from: R on September 16, 2016, 10:22:34 PM
Brandy makes any song sound amazing.
Which can be a double-edged sword.

I want the SONGS to be great.
Not great because she slays them vocally.
Exactly and all producers will tell us that it is super amazing, their best work, Bran killed the vocals.. And then when you hear it you realize yes Bran killed it and 'upgraded your beat' by slaying the vocals. The songs need to be on the level of her vocals.

Now what i wanna know is which songs yall talkin bout

Only songs i can think of with subpar production is

Music
What u need
Slower

The rest i mean it was top notch

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

The Brandy Barbie

KING BENTLEY.

s

this is weird, but I'm not anticipating anything from her. It's like I'm numb

H.#.G.*.Z

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on September 17, 2016, 08:19:16 PM
Slower?!  The best song on 211?!

the song isnt bad the production just isnt strong
kinda like a videogame with a drumbeat imo
eventho its hot

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

MAY

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on September 16, 2016, 04:33:24 PM
Quote from: 4everSlayage29 on September 16, 2016, 03:15:28 PM
She Doesn't Say Much Because She Know How The Fans Can Get. And She Don't Wanna Sell Us False Hope. What I Do Know Is She Is Very Close To Winning This Case And In Between That Along With Other Projects She's Been Lowkey Working Her Ass Off In The Studio I Say Lowkey Because Her Family And Her Team Knows. Nothing Is To Get Out Due To This Legal Battle But She Has Been Working . I Was There For One Session Vocals Are Powerful. All I'm A Say Is The Fear Of Using Her Upper Register Is Gone. And We Will Know About Everything Come Early November. She Also Will Be Doing An Interview During Her Appearance In #Dallas For Gay Pride.... That's All I Can Give You Guys . Keep Supporting And One More Thing She's Open To Your Ideas For The Direction Of Her New Album. Just Like You Guys Gave Her Your Idea For #BegginNPleadin She Listens Guys. #SLAYANASENTME  :blessed:

THANKS SIS!

Announcement in November guys! You heard it here first from Domo!

When it doesn't happen, remember to drag him and not Brandy.

:blessed: :blessed: :blessed:

11 days...

:helloimangie:

brocka4life

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Noni on September 17, 2016, 10:30:23 AM
Great news about the secret recordings. Don't hate on me but I would love to see her work with the dream and tricky again.

Something dark because that's really her lane. Nobody can emote with their singing like bran. Her sad songs are the best ones. Dark and heavy bass that goes along with her deep voice!
hey Noni!
do you have any unreleased tracks that the majority of us might not have heard?

H.#.G.*.Z

MAY

Quote from: brocka4life on November 19, 2016, 06:06:53 PM
"Early November" is gone.

!!!
I'm actually giving him the full month just to be nice, but yeah he was WRONG.

brocka4life

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on November 19, 2016, 06:11:38 PM
Quote from: brocka4life on November 19, 2016, 06:06:53 PM
"Early November" is gone.

!!!
I'm actually giving him the full month just to be nice, but yeah he was WRONG.

I never trust timelines when it comes to her. I just wait and expect the unexpected.

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: BENTLEY. on September 17, 2016, 08:20:07 PM
s

this is weird, but I'm not anticipating anything from her. It's like I'm numb
sssssssssss

Brandy hurry sis ... the girls are getting apathetic :dead:

H.#.G.*.Z

MAY

You know what, fuck it...

EARLY NOVEMBER! JUST YOU WAIT!

Where's that fuckin TEA hon? HUH?!