What makes an artist legendary?

Started by Kurama, September 28, 2016, 04:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

September 28, 2016, 07:28:40 PM #75 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:30:47 PM by R
Fridays should have always been the TEA tho.
That's when most people get paid (if you don't get paid via semi-monthly), and/or spend money.
BRANDY

Kurama

Quote from: L0NZ. on September 28, 2016, 05:21:29 PM
Sales and trophy a don't make a legend.

Legend is opinion anyway. It's someone who is famous for doing something really well, even more if they've inspired someone/something. But someone may think Lumidee songs amazingly and someone else will disagree. I guess there are undeniables like MJ and Madonna tho.

I definitely think it's subjective to some degree but the fact that there's undeniable legends makes the term more tangible and less opinion based.

I think being a legend is a combination of a few themes mentioned: Longevity, cultural impact, commercial success, influence, artistic uniqueness, and how revered you are by fans & peers.

Kurama

Quote from: Trey on September 28, 2016, 07:09:02 PM
Quote from: COCO on September 28, 2016, 04:42:05 PM
Undeniable impact and influence.
!!!!!!!!!! IMO, longevity can play a factor but its not necessarily a requirement. Some legends made that kind of impact in a very short amount of time.

So is Gag legendary? She has had commercial success and she had all the gals trying to be edgy. Plus her vids are some of the best videos distributed by a pop girl.

Ya fuckin faggot :fuming:

Pearls Khan

Yes, Gaga is legendary. And are y'all purposely omitting Christina?  :omgwatshappening:

GRAND

Brit Brat

Quote from: Kurama on September 28, 2016, 08:02:03 PM
Quote from: Trey on September 28, 2016, 07:09:02 PM
Quote from: COCO on September 28, 2016, 04:42:05 PM
Undeniable impact and influence.
!!!!!!!!!! IMO, longevity can play a factor but its not necessarily a requirement. Some legends made that kind of impact in a very short amount of time.

So is Gag legendary? She has had commercial success and she had all the gals trying to be edgy. Plus her vids are some of the best videos distributed by a pop girl.

Ya fuckin faggot :fuming:
dsdssddsdd

Yea.... and sis conquered it all in ONE era.

Brit Brat

Gag was actually who I was thinking about when I made the comment.

Sssddsssssssssssdd

4everEric

Bell Biv DeVoe are legendary IMO. Poison still knocks. Uniqueness and creativity makes one a legend... wether it be style, vocals, music videos, etc.

SouravMay

Oleta Adams is a legend off of one song tbh

:stressed:
B7

FINE.

SouravMay

B7

FINE.

Lady gaga is an icon. She's not a legend. Yet.