JoJo - Music (Official video)

Started by Purple Moon, October 06, 2016, 03:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zankou.

Ulysses

This song is amazing.

And they left the raw vocal which I always love. Try singing that high in FULL voice. She is amaze

Jerkin

October 07, 2016, 11:39:07 AM #17 Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:44:07 AM by Jerkin
Quote from: Francois Lite on October 07, 2016, 10:06:26 AM
Quote from: Jerkin on October 07, 2016, 09:49:46 AM
Quote from: Francois Lite on October 06, 2016, 09:33:24 PM
Quote from: Bulldagger on October 06, 2016, 03:56:41 PM
What happened to her voice? I noticed that it has been sounding really raspy and cracking since Agape.

Yea, her upper register is shot. She's always hoarse these days when she gets up that high. But her lows and mids are super stronger now.
lol, her upper register is not shot. It's currently the best it has ever been. These aren't even particularly high notes. Her manager explained that she and everyone else in the studio was in floods of tears as they recorded this song (she's singing about her father who died last year). She could have re-recorded a clean version but decided to keep this because of the emotion.

This is what it actually sounds like:

Welcome to the board.

Now Im not talking about this studio recording in particular. Like was mentioned, she has been a bit hoarse sounding since her Agape mixtape and its true. Its not as clear as it used to be. And thats a fact.
Thank you.

It's definitely true has had issues with her upper register. But that's because her upper belts are so chesty that whenever she's sick or her voice is worn out, it always shows in her upper register.

But her upper register isn't shot. It's still very good when her voice is in good condition, and in the second half of this year her voice is the best it has ever been. I was very impressed with her Too Little Too Late high note attempts on the 5H tour. That's the toughest note she performs. (at 2:23)

Bulldagger

Quote from: Jerkin on October 07, 2016, 11:39:07 AM
Quote from: Francois Lite on October 07, 2016, 10:06:26 AM
Quote from: Jerkin on October 07, 2016, 09:49:46 AM
Quote from: Francois Lite on October 06, 2016, 09:33:24 PM
Quote from: Bulldagger on October 06, 2016, 03:56:41 PM
What happened to her voice? I noticed that it has been sounding really raspy and cracking since Agape.

Yea, her upper register is shot. She's always hoarse these days when she gets up that high. But her lows and mids are super stronger now.
lol, her upper register is not shot. It's currently the best it has ever been. These aren't even particularly high notes. Her manager explained that she and everyone else in the studio was in floods of tears as they recorded this song (she's singing about her father who died last year). She could have re-recorded a clean version but decided to keep this because of the emotion.

This is what it actually sounds like:

Welcome to the board.

Now Im not talking about this studio recording in particular. Like was mentioned, she has been a bit hoarse sounding since her Agape mixtape and its true. Its not as clear as it used to be. And thats a fact.
Thank you.

It's definitely true has had issues with her upper register. But that's because her upper belts are so chesty that whenever she's sick or her voice is worn out, it always shows in her upper register.

But her upper register isn't shot. It's still very good when her voice is in good condition, and in the second half of this year her voice is the best it has ever been. I was very impressed with her Too Little Too Late high note attempts on the 5H tour. That's the toughest note she performs. (at 2:23)

I don't know because like Francois Lite said, she has been sounding hoarse since Agape. I've noticed it as recent as the Tringle and even during live performances.

RatherBe

i think her voice is maturing... her upper register definitely is shot... theres a bit more weight on it

like bey.. bey use to belt really light now her belts are more heavy... its all apart of the voice just maturing