No Shade but..Liy where were ya?

Started by Young, August 26, 2015, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garlic

Quote from: Young on August 26, 2015, 11:22:50 PM
I'm crying

Where are the main stages besides Osc'

she didn't need a main stage.

where was mon at besides collecting dust?

Aalonso.

Sis was really becoming the media darling. And she was going to be a performer at the VMA show that fall. Thats what the rehearsals in her Diary were for. Speaking of MTV Diary. Yea. That was like the stamp. After snatching that VMA from up under both Britney and XTina. Sis was coming.

garlic

so monica had her own mtv movie but wasn't invited to the awards? where was she?

Aalonso.

garlic

Quote from: L0NZ. on August 26, 2015, 11:26:59 PM
Sis was really becoming the media darling. And she was going to be a performer at the VMA show that fall. Thats what the rehearsals in her Diary were for. Speaking of MTV Diary. Yea. That was like the stamp. After snatching that VMA from up under both Britney and XTina. Sis was coming.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think that's where people are missing the point.
yeah, brandy and monica were in the forefront of the 90s, aaliyah was in the shadows of the trinity, but but by 2000, it was kind of her time to shine and her pop sound set her apart from the other girls. while brandy still had traction because unlike monica, brandy is actually multi-faceted, monica was kind of boring post-boy is mine and nobody used. the only reason people stanned for "so gone" was because missy wrote the song.

for a black girl to be challenging the likes of britney and xtina at the time was huge. janet needed an heir and aaliyah seemed to be the perfect candidate. but things happen... thank god for bey.

Young

Tetsuo

Mmm yeah

Mons basic

No critically acclaimed albums like full moon or "aaliyah"

Oiam changed the game of r & b and nsn era is iconic.

Monica.. :plzstop:

Tetsuo

August 27, 2015, 12:04:01 AM #114 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:04:59 AM by Tetsuo
"No star power!"

Every project Aaliyah put out got a cert and she was booking movie roles  (not straight to dvd mess like most of yall faves) at the same fuckin time. But u bums swear she was irrelevant?

Young

Plank

RekeRig

ugh i really wish she could have finished the Matrix movies and everything else

MypuzzystanK

August 27, 2015, 01:08:33 AM #118 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:09:16 AM by MypuzzystanK
lol @ the crows shading Liyah

lets remember Monica needed ghan to get most of the attention she got during that time, Li kind of did her own thing and didnt need a duet  like mons..

Ghan HELPED that ugly southern whore.

she is never seeing li..still playing catch up to the other girls... its 2015 mon.. give up ki

MypuzzystanK