Billboard's 100 Best Pop Songs of 2016 + Billboard's 50 Best Albums of 2016

Started by BAPHOMET., December 12, 2016, 03:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAPHOMET.

Quote10. Anderson .Paak, 'Malibu'

9. Maren Morris, 'HERO'

8. The 1975, 'I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it'

7. Solange, 'A Seat at the Table'

6. A Tribe Called Quest, 'We Got It From Here... Thank You 4 Your Service'

5. Frank Ocean, 'Blond'

4. David Bowie, 'Blackstar'

3. Chance the Rapper, 'Coloring Book'

The slow and steady success of Chicago native Chance the Rapper seemingly culminated in the vibrant and explosive mixtape that is Coloring Book. Features from the starry likes of Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber and more are sprinkled over all of Chance?s gospel-influenced tracks, proving that he belongs in their stratosphere, while never letting them disrupt his own wavelength. Meanwhile, feel-good party anthems like ?No Problem? and ?All Night? and religiously fueled tracks like ?How Great? and ?Blessings? harmoniously coexist, making it difficult to define Coloring Book in terms of one specific sound or genre. Even seven months after the mixtape dropped, Chance is still surfing the waves of its success, filling U.S. Cellular Field for his Magnificent Coloring Day one-day festival and becoming the first artist nominated for a Grammy based on album streams alone -- reflecting just how far one rapper can go when he refuses to draw inside the lines.

2. Kanye West, 'The Life of Pablo'

Pablo is not Kanye's best album, but it might be his most Kanye album, saddled as it is with both manic genius and boundary-defying risk. He annoys with his casual misogyny and outsized ego, and he's certainly lost fans over the course of a year in which he was never far from the headlines, whether that came from presiding over perhaps the most confusing album rollout of all time, stoking the fires of his increasingly bizarre beef with Swift, or aligning himself with Donald Trump. But like West, Pablo remains alluring, bold and uncompromising, serving as both a telescope into the faraway reaches of its conflicted creator's mind and a reminder that there is no light in the world without the balance of an uncomfortable darkness.

1. Beyonc?, 'Lemonade'

Many who lived on the Internet in 2016 will remember The Queen's latest masterwork for a combination of the one-liner ?Becky with the good hair,? a twerking Serena Williams and a profound new use for the lemon emoji. But Lemonade's enduring message is found through its closing footage -- of Hattie White, Jay Z?s grandmother, turning 90 years old, and delivering a succinct message about the album?s truest theme: perseverance. ?I had my ups and downs, but I always find the inner strength to pull myself up,? she testifies. ?I was served lemons, but I made lemonade.

Other entries:

50. Rae Sremmurd, 'Sremmlife 2'

40. Alicia Keys, 'Here'

36. Tove Lo, 'Lady Wood'

32. Lady Gaga, 'Joanne'

22. Ariana Grande, 'Dangerous Woman'

21. The Weeknd, 'Starboy'

20. Sia, 'This Is Acting'

17. Drake, 'Views'

14. Miranda Lambert, 'The Weight of These Wings'

13. Kendrick Lamar, 'untitled unmastered.'

11. Rihanna, 'Anti'

BAPHOMET.

QuoteTop 10:

10. A Tribe Called Quest, "We the People..."

9. Rihanna, "Needed Me"

8. Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign, "Work From Home"

7. Drake feat. Kyla & WizKid, "One Dance"

6. Ariana Grande, "Into You"

5. Kanye West, "Ultralight Beam"

4. The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk, "Starboy"

3. D.R.A.M. feat. Lil Yachty, "Broccoli"

Leave it to Big Baby D.R.A.M. to make his top 40 entrance with a song that turns the most villainous of parent-food into a narcos watchword, and leave it to Lil Boat to one-up that by rhyming "sunshine" with "Colombine" in his guest verse's opening couplet. That was "Broccoli" in 2016: R-rated programming on daytime television, a song that embraced the world's negativity as an opportunity to rise above the **** ****. The co-headliners spend their verses celebrating their unlikely success with Rodeo Drive shopping sprees and lox-and-bagel breakfasts, while the flute hook instructs the youth of America to follow the duo's pied (and otherwise) piping. The lesson, obviously: Smoke your vegetables, kids.

2. Beyonce, "Sorry"

Between "Tell 'em boy bye" memes and the "Becky with the good hair" witchhunt, Beyonce's "Sorry" ignited more online chatter than most non-Trump political campaigns this year. But more importantly, Beyonce executes one miraculous vocal tonal shift after another on "Sorry," going from pissed-off exasperation to dignity at any cost ("Suicide before you see this tear"), to small-voiced vulnerability at the very end. On "Sorry," Beyonce proves your life doesn't have to be perfect for you to remain flawless.

1. Rae Sremmurd feat. Gucci Mane, "Black Beatles"

An intoxicating mix of futuristic production and retro cultural references that somehow balanced out to sound more like the present than any other song this year, "Black Beatles" was a touchdown before it even got to its instantly iconic opening lines, and just ran up the score from there, winning more hearts with every meme and Fab Four reference. Of course, the rise of "Beatles"-mania happened as rapidly as it did thanks to the Mannequin Challenge, the hyper-viral Internet phenomenon that adapted the song as its unofficial freeze-frame soundtrack, bringing it to the attention of everyone from Michelle Obama to Paul McCartney himself. But the song's rock-star exuberance and mesmeric sonic palette would've eventually seen its momentum snowball to viral proportions regardless. In the end, the swag you take is equal to the swag you make.

Other entries:

100. Meghan Trainor, "No"

95. Britney Spears, "Do You Wanna Come Over?"

91. Selena Gomez, "Hands to Myself"

72. Tinasha, "Superlove"

64. Bruno Mars, "24K Magic"

40. David Bowie, "Lazarus"

37. Zayn, "Pillowtalk"

35. Lady Gaga, "Million Reasons"

34. Justin Bieber, "Love Yourself"

33. Justin Timberlake, "Can't Stop the Feeling!"

26. Adele, "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)"

20. Sia feat. Sean Paul, "Cheap Thrills"

12. Solange, "Cranes in the Sky"

XXX.

nnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

So, "Sorry" was #2 Best Pop Song of 2016 and LEM' was Best Album Of 2016?

WOW!

Did "WORK" or "Anti" chart?  Didn't look past the Top 2!

:blessed:

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

GLOCK

n
This isn't based on success dummies
This is their preference lists

🦚

——————///——————-

BAPHOMET.

PLANK Bey n 'lange

Admin

CHOKE

🦚

——————///——————-

XXX.

Quote from: Sleigh My Name on December 12, 2016, 03:13:06 PM
Looks like they don't prefer Rih :tistheseas:

I'm surprised TBH, because Billboard keeps their BOOT on Bee's neck. nnnnnn

GLOCK

Quote from: BLOND?. on December 12, 2016, 03:14:26 PM

theyve been mad at my sis every since she didn't release traditionally kii :blessed:

🦚

Quote from: BLOND?. on December 12, 2016, 03:14:26 PM

Seems like they have accepted that bey will never play by their rules. Queen kinda does what she wants  :cheerup:
——————///——————-