Nelly Furtado?s ?Pipe Dreams? Gets A Retro Music Video

Started by JRocka, December 20, 2016, 03:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRocka

Nelly Furtado released a lo-fi music video for "Pipe Dreams." In the clip, Furtado is seen aimlessly wandering around a junky apartment checking herself out in any reflection available.

Watch:

It's been five years since the song bird released The Spirit Indestructible, but her return is imminent. In recent weeks, Furtado has put forth several earworms to keep us intrigued, including a cover of "Feels So Close," the appetizer track "Behind Your Back" and the breezy bop ?Islands Of Me.?

The Ride, which she describes as "modern pop-alternative," debuts March 3 and could feature collaborations from Kaytranada, Dev Hynes, Sky Ferreira and Mustafa Ahmed.

"Don't sell me no pipe dreams, I want to live in a kaleidoscope," Furtado sings over shimmery '80s-inspired production and a chilled organ.

The song straddles between living in reality versus a dream. ?A lot of [the new album] touches on that, in terms of sanity versus reality,? she told The Fader. ?The comedown, the hangover after the rush, and how you put the pieces back together, and how you make amends with the realer parts of life.?

i love the video and this may be her best album since Folklore  :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire:

FINE.

I forgot all about the song. I liked it. Is it on iTunes?

JRocka

Lazarus

JRocka

Quote from: BEST OF ME on December 20, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
What direction is she going with this album ?

she said it's gonna be "modern pop-alternative," i think she gonna slay can't wait to hear the tracks she did with Dev Hynes  :stressed:

Lazarus

Quote from: LiBra on December 20, 2016, 04:01:43 PM
Quote from: BEST OF ME on December 20, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
What direction is she going with this album ?

she said it's gonna be "modern pop-alternative," i think she gonna slay can't wait to hear the tracks she did with Dev Hynes  :stressed:

Oh ok. I'll check it out when it drops.

FINE.

OMGfffffffff she worked with DEV?

;&;'add

Ddddsmndd

Ddm

BAPHOMET.

Cowboy Nine

BAPHOMET.

Cowboy Nine

BAPHOMET.

JRocka