He died for me. (Happy Bday Martin Luther KANG!)

Started by Ashley Bank$, January 16, 2017, 08:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: TEXASbama on January 15, 2018, 02:34:27 PM
Great thread. Some of that info I didn't know but

As many "woke" girls that are on here I figured this thread would be bigger!!

But thanks black king for dying for me and allowing me to date and love who I want no matter what the race and not get lynched in the process.
:blush: :blush: :blush:

Thanks for bumping.

Vonc2002

Quote from: 4mate. on January 16, 2017, 09:04:10 AM
10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About MLK

He was actually named Michael, not Martin, when he was born. His father was also named Michael, but he decided to change his son's first name when he made a trip to Germany to visit the birthplace of the historic German theologian, Martin Luther.

As a teenager, MLK Jr. actually tried to commit suicide -- he was despairing over his grandmother's death at the time. He jumped from the second story of his house, but luckily, he wasn't fatally injured.

Despite the fact that he was troubled in his young life, Dr. King went on to do amazing things. He skipped grades because he was so brilliant, entering college at the tender age of 15. By 19, he had his bachelor's degree in sociology. His father wanted him to be a minister, and after some soul-searching, King decided the same. He attended seminary school in Pennsylvania, graduating with his PhD by age 25.

Throughout his work as one of the leaders of the Civil Rights Movement, Dr. King made plenty of important, poignant speeches and did incredible work within his communities. It didn't come without a price, though: King was arrested 29 times throughout his career, arrested for acts of civil disobedience and other trumped-up charges.

Here's one such example, from his profile on Biography: "On October 19, 1960, King and 75 students entered a local department store and requested lunch-counter service but were denied. When they refused to leave the counter area, King and 36 others were arrested. Realizing the incident would hurt the city's reputation, Atlanta's mayor negotiated a truce and charges were eventually dropped.

But soon after, King was imprisoned for violating his probation on a traffic conviction. The news of his imprisonment entered the 1960 presidential campaign, when candidate John F. Kennedy made a phone call to Coretta Scott King. Kennedy expressed his concern for King's harsh treatment for the traffic ticket and political pressure was quickly set in motion. King was soon released."

Despite being up against so much adversity, Dr. King went on with his work. He became the youngest person to ever win the Nobel Peace Prize, and donated all the proceeds from that prize to initiatives in the Civil Rights Movement. Then on August 28th, he made his iconic "I Have A Dream" speech at the National Mall. Despite its power, the speech put a huge target on King's back, making him a huge concern for the FBI. They felt his speech was too empowering for black communities and wanted to avoid civil unrest, so they began threatening Dr. King. Luckily, their threats didn't change the impact his words had on black communities across America.

Then, on April 4th, 1968, the unthinkable happened: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in his hotel room at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee.

From Biography: "Also on the day King was killed, he was out on the balcony for a smoke. While you?ll be hard pressed to find a picture of him smoking, he smoked regularly, though had a habit of hiding this partially due to the stigma, particularly within the church at the time, but also because he didn?t want his kids to take up smoking, and so didn?t like pictures of himself doing it, nor did he like to smoke when they were around. According to Rev. Kyles, after King was shot but before he was taken away by the ambulance, Kyles removed the package of cigarettes from King?s pocket and got rid of the cigarette butt, partially to attempt to hide the fact that King was smoking at the time he was shot."

He was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead at just 39 years old. During his short life, he managed to be more impactful than those who live twice as long, and his work changed the American social landscape forever.

We celebrate you, King!
:stressed:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

ya rock muh world.

To think...if his suicide attempt were successful :stressed:

ya rock muh world.

I luv u King. omg I dont wanna get emotional today
s
dsd
s
s
its a celebration

but what a sacrifice. ur own life. we only get one. that is love for ur people

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: urban islander on January 15, 2018, 02:38:34 PM

!!!

Who knows where we as a people would be.  It's crazy to think about

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: TEXASbama on January 15, 2018, 02:40:41 PM

!!!

tears are flowing right now for my king.

but he did what he was put here to do. so i am not sad ..i just feel and am just overwhelmed by his love.

Boomz

I just feel like....in the title...you made this about you. :unsure:

But great thread. Can always depend on you to provide some info I didn't kno.

Happy Birthd' Dr. King.

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: Boomer on January 15, 2018, 02:47:40 PM
I just feel like....in the title...you made this about you. :unsure:

But great thread. Can always depend on you to provide some info I didn't kno.

Happy Birthd' Dr. King.
lm'nk

:woohoo:

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: urban islander on January 15, 2018, 02:44:36 PM
Quote from: TEXASbama on January 15, 2018, 02:40:41 PM

!!!

tears are flowing right now for my king.

but he did what he was put here to do. so i am not sad ..i just feel and am just overwhelmed by his love.

Let it flow sis

ya rock muh world.

:wub:

King was a real life modern day savior. A real life hero and king.

It's kind of amazing when you think of it. The impact this one person had on the entire country.

I think the older you get, you realize not only the magnitude of sacrifice made by those immediately surrounding you (family etc) but the same for those who are further away.

It's so overwhelming. What an amazing man.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: BowDown on January 11, 2018, 07:33:33 PM
I bet he had the fattest dick.

He gives me uncut and girthy

:oof: a 7  inch messowt

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Kaeli.

b7

He had to be an amazing man. To endure all he did and still be spitting that ?non violent? mantra ...  ch. i wish i could have seen him speak in person