Oscar nods (Hidden figures, fences, and Moonlight receive nods)

Started by Vonc2002, January 24, 2017, 09:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Ok Oscarsoblack now
I wish John Legend would've wrote or composed something for LaLa Land so he could grab another trophy
I hope How Far I'll Go beats MUSTin for Original Song

RAY7

Quote from: شيطان on January 24, 2017, 09:28:55 AM
Why didn't Viola get a lead actress mess?
I was thinking the same if she's not the lead Actress in Fences then who is? I didn't see it so I'm wondering

GLOCK

Quote from: AYR on January 24, 2017, 09:55:31 AM
Quote from: شيطان on January 24, 2017, 09:28:55 AM
Why didn't Viola get a lead actress mess?
I was thinking the same if she's not the lead Actress in Fences then who is? I didn't see it so I'm wondering
cuz of race

Gilgamesh.

No way they were gonna nominate Denzel and Viola.

The same reason why Octavia was nominated and Taraji wasn't. Even though Taraji booked in Hidden Figures.

SouravMay

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on January 24, 2017, 10:14:42 AM

The same reason why Octavia was nominated and Taraji wasn't. Even though Taraji booked in Hidden Figures.

they are both nominated though. I just don't understand why Viola is not lead, but supporting.
B7

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: شيطان on January 24, 2017, 10:16:31 AM

they are both nominated though. I just don't understand why Viola is not lead, but supporting.

Are they both nominated for lead?

SouravMay

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on January 24, 2017, 10:19:17 AM

Are they both nominated for lead?

Are they both nominated?
B7

SouravMay

B7

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:13:36 AM
I don't think I've ever seen this many of the movies nominated.  Viggo was very good in captain fantastic. I just watched Arrival and Hidden figures the other day, both very good.  Moonlight was amazing.  Fences was VERY good, viola got that in the bag.  I thought LaLa Land was really good and i think emma and Ryan will probably both walk away with theirs. Ava needs to win for 13th. It was just a very good yr in movies
i also wanna see Lion

Not sure what's it's about but I love the lead guy

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:20:25 AM
Moonlight needs to win best picture iono about the supporting actor nod tho.  Im watching Manchester by the sea today so I'll see what casey is doing on the acting front. I haven't seen Lion yet tho i really want to.  Kinda want Dev Patel to win just because i think he's dope
yes! That's his name

b7

its strange.  Do they submit themselves like the Grammys? I'm starting to think she's in that category to better her chances at a win

GLOCK

Quote from: RIGS on January 24, 2017, 10:56:26 AM

its strange.  Do they submit themselves like the Grammys? I'm starting to think she's in that category to better her chances at a win
i don't think they do but it's just easier for them to give a black women this
Halle is the only person to win

They be trying it
Viola was damn lead

BranLover