QUEENlahni "SweetSexySavage" out now! (#1 R&B, #3 Main)

Started by FAMÈ, January 26, 2017, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverSayNever

Beau

QuoteRemember the crazy/sexy/cool-ness of around-the-way ?90s singers like Brandy, Aaliyah, and, of course, TLC? Well, Kehlani sure does. From the title of her official debut album to its breezy downtempo grooves, this 21-year-old America?s Got Talent graduate recreates the sounds and spirits that got her through a tough Oakland childhood. Not content to serve up mere nostalgia, Kehlani takes the cadences and beats of classics like ?The Boy Is Mine? or ?Creep,? adds up-to-the-minute production tricks, and filters it all through the consciousness of a sensitive woman forced to grow up too soon, one who survived a suicide attempt last year while struggling with depression. 

https://www.google.com/amp/ew.com/music/2017/01/25/kehlanis-sweetsexysavage-ew-review/amp/?client=ms-android-att-us

b7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on January 27, 2017, 01:48:23 PM
Quote from: RIGS on January 27, 2017, 01:37:00 PM
Her writing/singing style just ain't my thing. These songs and all the beats sound the same dssssd :uhh:

If she passed on that hit-boy beat she's insane btw.  "Not used to it" is nice tho

wow only took you seven pages.

figured you'd start your shit on the first tbh :raycharles2urmess:
gfgggggg I like a couple songs

:stressed:

Admin

Nice album!

I'm loving "Too Much". It has that '99 She'kspere sound :howfestive: :howfestive: :howfestive:

BrokenHeartsHeal

im a fan of hers but I don't really use most of this.

gonna give it more spins

BrokenHeartsHeal

GLOCK

pettypatty

All her melodies are the same and annoying  :damselindistress:

I kinda like "keep on"
But everything else sounds the same
:19k: