I think this Black History Month

Started by Ashley Bank$, January 28, 2017, 08:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley Bank$

will be the most active one we've seen in quite a while.

I made it a point to actually sit and reflect on MLK for MLK day....
I sat, read about him, looked at his beautiful pictures...just in pure astonishment of how such a young man made such a huge impact...
instead of taking it as a 3 day weekend and lounging around like I normally would. (just being honest)

I really believe that recent events have given us a TASTE of what it was like living as a Black person in the Jim Crow days.

Just a TASTE. Let me stress that -- literally, a MORSEL. And I still cannot fucking take.  :plzstop:

But, this Black History Month I challenge everyone here to take at least ONE full day and honor Black History in any way you feel is fun. Not sure what I'm doing yet but woke up thinking about Black History month BEFORE it actually arrived. And I don't think that's ever happened.  :plzstop:

Nerdsrevenge

Agreed.

:traciandchelle:

Kick it off early by seeing "I Am Not Your Negro."

CHOKE

I'm actually kinda loving this racial tension

Everybody's on edge, the club is gonna be lit

pettypatty

I actually sat down and watched a few documentaries last night about what went on after blacks were emancipated
My perspective and outlook on a lot of things have slightly changed.

GLOCK

Quote from: pettypatty on January 28, 2017, 10:26:35 AM
I actually sat down and watched a few documentaries last night about what went on after blacks were emancipated
ant

:stressed:

FlowerBomb

:oof:

KING BENTLEY.

:guys:

H.#.G.*.Z

b7

King wait

MelMel

about fucking time  :stressed:

MelMel

I'm going to listen to Formation every day

MelMel

Rxxf

January 28, 2017, 01:19:13 PM #12 Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:19:35 PM by SingBran
Quote from: altai. on January 28, 2017, 08:46:55 AM

I sat, read about him, looked at his beautiful pictures...just in pure astonishment of how such a young man made such a huge impact...
instead of taking it as a 3 day weekend and lounging around like I normally would. (just being honest)

I really believe that recent events have given us a TASTE of what it was like living as a Black person in the Jim Crow days.

Just a TASTE. Let me stress that -- literally, a MORSEL. And I still cannot fucking take.  :plzstop:

But, this Black History Month I challenge everyone here to take at least ONE full day and honor Black History in any way you feel is fun. Not sure what I'm doing yet but woke up thinking about Black History month BEFORE it actually arrived. And I don't think that's ever happened.  :plzstop:

I absolutely agree.
And furthermore, I'd like for it to continue past February.
BRANDY

Rxxf

BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: altai. on January 28, 2017, 01:20:31 PM
Quote from: SingBran on January 28, 2017, 01:19:13 PM
Quote from: altai. on January 28, 2017, 08:46:55 AM

And furthermore, I'd like for it to continue past February.
u know im down for that lolz

Bitch, we may need a thread that houses all the LINKS to documentaries, printings, etc. Time to invest in content that fucking matters.
BRANDY