A Taco over at huff post is in fumes that no latina is in Oceans 8

Started by Vonc2002, February 01, 2017, 08:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

I like alot of her choices tho.  Rosario, Eva Mendes, Michelle Rodriguez, and Salma Hayek wouldve really been great
11 Latina Actresses Who Would?ve Been Fantastic In The ?Ocean?s 8? Reboot 

QuoteWarner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures released a first look image of the ?Ocean?s 8? all-female reboot on Monday, showing the film?s main ladies looking chic and suspicious in the New York City subway.

The ?Ocean?s 8? cast seems to be exceptionally diverse for a film of its kind, with Mindy Kaling, Chinese-Korean-American rapper and comedian Awkwafina, Rihanna, Sandra Bullock, Sarah Paulson, Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett and Helena Bonham Carter cast in the eight leading roles for the all-female reboot slated for June 8, 2018.

With such a large main cast, the film had plenty of opportunities (eight, to be exact) to infuse the film with real diversity. And yet, there?s one major demographic not represented among the leading ladies: Latinas.

Latinos make up 17.6 percent of the U.S. population, according to 2015 Census numbers, and is Hollywood?s most important audience when it comes to profits. ?Ocean?s 8? is a great example of Hollywood?s overall lack of inclusion of Latinas when it comes to casting, which is one reason you didn?t see any Latina or Latino actors among these year?s Oscar nominees.

Somehow this too-big-to-fail franchise with numerous leads failed to find one Latina actress in Hollywood fit for the role. A particularly disappointing fact when you consider that 16 years ago ?Ocean?s Eleven? featured Cuban-American actor Andy Garc?a in a starring role.

So we did the work for Hollywood producers and found several Latina actresses that would?ve been fantastic for the film. Since the heist in the ?Ocean?s 8? plot happens at the Met Gala, we assumed the casting directors were looking for women who are both elegant and unafraid to jump into action. Not to mention they?d need the comedy chops to carry the humor the original films are known for.

Here are 11 Latinas with both comedy and action/crime acting credits who should, at the very least, be considered for an ?Ocean?s 8? sequel.   

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5890a8abe4b02772c4e936c7?utm_hp_ref=black-voices&ir=Black%2BVoices&section=black-voices&
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GRAND

the latin girls really need to have their own million man march moment

CHOKE

bshdhdhdhdbdhrjdjdhdjd

The director chose who the fuck he chose

I'm sure at least one of them has a lil burrito in them

FlowerBomb

Vonc2002

U know what, its sad because i didn't even think about that.  Arent hispanics more predominant in the US than even AA at this point?  Black people are unrepresented but Latinos are REALLY unrepresented
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: Chokeme on February 01, 2017, 08:45:31 AM
bshdhdhdhdbdhrjdjdhdjd

The director chose who the fuck he chose

I'm sure at least one of them has a lil burrito in them
Omffffffffffffff
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

GRAND

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 01, 2017, 08:55:02 AM
U know what, its sad because i didn't even think about that.  Arent hispanics more predominant in the US than even AA at this point?  Black people are unrepresented but Latinos are REALLY unrepresented
they arent taken seriously enough

hispanics in america are still referred to as lawn mowers and maids  :dead: :dead:

they really need to RALLY up a bit.

but i always hear their community is ultra divided

Vonc2002

Vonc2002

Quote from: GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL on February 01, 2017, 09:02:19 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 01, 2017, 08:55:02 AM
they arent taken seriously enough

hispanics in america are still referred to as lawn mowers and maids  :dead: :dead:

they really need to RALLY up a bit.

but i always hear their community is ultra divided
I sadly agree with the first part. When i think of Latinos, I don't think of corporate America.   And OF COURSE they're there but that's not my overall perception of them. Wow, am i racist  :uhh:

leftout

now that I think about it Rosario Dawson definitely could've played whoever Rih's playing. She's the real box office draw and talent of the 2, and she looks better and probably doesn't have herpes hybrid.

wizzy

pi?atas down
if this was an all black cast they wouldn't have given a fuck

Vonc2002

But i think that latinos are definitely a strong unite.  They're like Asian people and have their own lil self sustaining communities.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Uni on February 01, 2017, 09:07:07 AM
pi?atas down
:kii:
But that's the thing, because it's not is why its kinda a problem. This is like their way of saying "u dont matter". Yall brought together EVERY minority (women, black, Asian, middle eastern) and STILL didn't think it prudent enough to include a taco. Its KINDA disrespectful tbh