Mary ties her own Record on Billboard with Thick of It

Started by pop, February 02, 2017, 06:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pop

Mary J. Blige Ties Her Best: Over on the Adult R&B Songs airplay chart, Mary J. Blige?s ?Thick of It? spends a 14th consecutive week at No. 1, tying her longest run at the top of the chart, which she earned in 2006 with ?Be Without You.? The latest single stays atop the list with a seven percent increase in plays at the format (in the tracking week ending Jan. 29). Memphis, Tennessee?s KJMS championed the track with 59 spins in the most recent week.

Blige has notched five No. 1s on Adult R&B Songs. ?Thick of It? is her first leader on the tally since 2009, when ?IfULeave? topped the list for eight weeks Due to her ex husband wanting executive producer credit on her
Upcoming album it has faced several delays forcing her to re-record her album in it's entirety Strength Of A Woman is tentatively scheduled to drop on 3/31/17   

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7677132/the-weeknd-returns-no-1-top-rbhip-hop-albums-chart

Rxxf

I forgot all about this song.
Goes to show we don't listen to the radio much anymore.
BRANDY

Ulysses

I haven't heard this song since about the 2nd week it was out. I'm surprised

BrokenHeartsHeal

Quote from: Ulysses on February 02, 2017, 06:45:11 PM
I haven't heard this song since about the 2nd week it was out. I'm surprised

I mean there's not much going on in the R&B world so this is a swift easy win for her

The song is hot and deserving though. A little bit of Mar and a little bit of this wack ass trap shit. But it's a knock