Bran's Progression Is Unreal

Started by D.I.E.G.O., February 14, 2017, 03:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: Harlem on February 14, 2017, 09:45:06 PM
Not so much on GODfrodisiac ok?! We can praise both!
:calmdownsis:
I love the album.  That song............
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

brocka4life

NSN
FM
AFRO

Brandy's best albums, in no specific order and for their own reasons.

monk al-taqi

and the brandy beyonc? comparison was dumb af

beyonc? is white America's fetish

no one really cares for her music

no one has for years

"Trust in God is worth everything that is precious and the path to every goal which is high and sublime."

Kaeli.

FINE.

SSDSDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSDS

Vonc2002

Quote from: m.monk on February 14, 2017, 09:48:02 PM

no one has for years
Ur not even making sense. Ur whole point was where it charted and the money that was spent on it. So if Brandy charted higher, where's the flop? Still waiting on that video budget btw since ur privy to that info. 

Harlem

Dave Meyers need to make that come back in Bran's life btw... give her this coined up lookin video for the low...
:justabit:

monk al-taqi

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 14, 2017, 09:52:19 PM
Quote from: m.monk on February 14, 2017, 09:48:02 PM

no one has for years
Ur not even making sense. Ur whole point was where it charted and the money that was spent on it. So if Brandy charted higher, where's the flop? Still waiting on that video budget btw since ur privy to that info.

you're argument is based on hot 100 charts 16 years ago? Different rules. And it's clear WAU had zero cultural impact at a time when it was about a songs influence rather than an artists influence

and u compared it to Beyonc?, a fetishized cultural phenomenon? Bitch can fart and people praise it as Grammy worthy. she also will fail to make an impact in way, that is related solely to her music.

"Trust in God is worth everything that is precious and the path to every goal which is high and sublime."

Afrodisiac15

What About Us is a Billboard top 10 in multiple countries, Slay Bran!

b7

Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on February 14, 2017, 10:24:02 PM
What About Us is a Billboard top 10 in multiple countries, Slay Bran!
yea

not sure why anyone would derail this positive thread

Marilyn

Quote from: m.monk on February 14, 2017, 08:20:08 PM
ugh horrendous lyrics
i can't stand WAU
just blah

I think it's that single choice that stunted that era and her career tbh

I think the song is whack as hell too, but it didn't end her career. It actually reached the Top 10 of the Hot 100.

yummy

Quote from: m.monk on February 14, 2017, 09:42:35 PM
n

rnb junkies love to act like FM was THE quentissential album that solidified her career

It wasn't. The majority of people don't even know that album exists

this bubble y'all live in ssss

GFCVBnnnnnnnnnnnnn

boy what th-ur losing it

Bigmacthawoppa

February 14, 2017, 11:38:59 PM #74 Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:42:23 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: ANIMMAI on February 14, 2017, 11:15:25 PM
Quote from: m.monk on February 14, 2017, 09:42:35 PM
n

rnb junkies love to act like FM was THE quentissential album that solidified her career

It wasn't. The majority of people don't even know that album exists

this bubble y'all live in ssss

GFCVBnnnnnnnnnnnnn

boy what th-ur losing it

Wow yeah, educate urself.

The point is that Full Moon was the blueprint for R&B/pop in the 2000's. Other artists were copying her sound, specifically her backgrounds and harmonies to make their songs sound fuller and more fleshed out. Thing is most didn't have her ear so they got with a producer who could mimic that sound but could never quite recreate it due to her adlibs and stacking.

Shit, almost all music nowawdays has the "Brandy" vocal production behind it, minus country maybe. That and everyone wants that smooth buttery tone. These young artists are trying to sound like her and don't even know it  :plzstop: