jayd....GODman....and rig

Started by Herb., September 15, 2015, 04:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

September 15, 2015, 04:04:44 AM Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:08:43 AM by Herb.
ok so i'm looking exclusively into my African DNA (yeah at 4AM in the morning...i am fucking obsessed and need to go to bed  :kii: :kii: :kii: :udontlookok: ) and it's saying im 8% east african...4% gedrosia....1.39% Northeast African......the rest is sub saharan african...(im assuming that means west africa)

I'm doing research now but maybe u guys can shed a bit of light on what it means as well.

AIDS!

Your anestors was probably one of those tribes that migrated from
East to the Sahara then into West
Akan people dominate Ghana and Ivory Coast in terms of ethnic group and have said to migrated from the Sahara to West
think I remember seeing those two countries with the highest percentage?

Herb.

Quote from: Dorobucci on September 15, 2015, 04:23:50 AM
Your anestors was probably one of those tribes that migrated from
East to the Sahara then into West
Akan people dominate Ghana and Ivory Coast in terms of ethnic group and have said to migrated from the Sahara to West
think I remember seeing those two countries with the highest percentage?
!!!!
ancestry DNA gave me GHana/Ivory Coast as #1
Cameroon /Congo as #2
And Southeastern Bantu as #3 ....

Southeastern Bantu heritage is over twice as high than average for an African American, which I found interesting. i'm just trying to make sense of it all

So I uploaded my raw DNA to GEDMatch, and have been using a few of their tools to dig deeper, that's where I got the other numbers from

AIDS!

The Bantu are are whole group of people from South Africa
Over 200 tribes
Your African anestry is more diverse than you think

Miranda

Subsaharan African is anything in Africa below the Sahara desert.

Herb.

Quote from: Dorobucci on September 15, 2015, 04:35:59 AM
The Bantu are are whole group of people from South Africa
Over 200 tribes
Your African anestry is more diverse than you think
!!!

I think that's what was throwing me off as well
when I tried to research southeastern bantu i was like WTF
it's everywhere  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: no pinpoint whatsoever :udontlookok:

this is truly fascinating. now i really feel like im getting somewhere  :loose2when:

iman

The Bantus are orginally from the West Africa, they've migrated to the East and South of Africa tho. They're literally everywhere stretching from Nigeria to Kenya, all the way down to South Africa. Bantu is really a general term for over 500 different ethnic groups tho like... I hope you're getting more details.  :plzstop:

The Pygmy (I remember seeing that on your graph) people are Central Africans (mainly Congo).

Btw, Gedrosia isn't Africa. It's present day Pakistan. :dead:

Miranda

I think almost all black people are "Bantu" to a degree, most of the African languages are deemed Bantu languages as well.

Miranda

Oh wait no, that was Niger-Congo. Bantu is apparently a branch of the Niger-Congo language family.

AIDS!

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

iman

Miranda

September 15, 2015, 04:57:54 AM #13 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:58:46 AM by Miranda
I study linguistics lol and I took Igbo classes.

iman

Afro, I think your ancestors were originally from Congo. If you add the Bantu and the Pygmy percentage together it makes sense. Congo has the most Bantu people.