Iyanla confronts two gay black pastors

Started by iman, September 19, 2015, 09:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie

September 19, 2015, 11:05:15 PM #45 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:05:38 PM by Stewie

im screaming

herb....nigger....i thought it was confirmed that native american was only 2%?

BigDawg

BigDawg

Quote from: Stewie on September 19, 2015, 11:05:15 PM

im screaming

:plzstop:

Herb.

nnnnnnnnnnnlmonbipgvfuocdyixst57r46ur6ictvyubonipinbuv9yc6

iman

im screaming

i'm crying

Herb.

September 19, 2015, 11:08:23 PM #51 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:11:11 PM by Herb.

im screaming

For an African American, that's very high.
Only 5 percent of us have 2% or above.
and only 19 percent of us even have a full 1%.

I posted about my breakdowns today.
http://brandy.4fans.net/index.php?topic=3399.msg86113#msg86113

there's also links to research and statistics as well.

Didn't want to make another topic about DNA for obvious reasons. lol.

iman

Bentley!

Molestation does cause confusion, I think they should look into how it plays into sexual preference. Because it happens more than ppl think.

My molester actually created a false bond, and even tho you feel bad about what's happening, you don't want to let that person down as a kid. Especially if they're in a position of power over you.

But as a young adult, I never really attributed that to my preference, partly because I blocked it out. But who knows

BigDawg

Quote from: Bentley! on September 19, 2015, 11:11:00 PM
Molestation does cause confusion, I think they should look into how it plays into sexual preference. Because it happens more than ppl think.

My molester actually created a false bond, and even tho you feel bad about what's happening, you don't want to let that person down as a kid. Especially if they're in a position of power over you.

But as a young adult, I never really attributed that to my preference, partly because I blocked it out. But who knows
That is a very different way of thinking about it Bent. I never really put it into that perspective.

Bulldagger

Quote from: BigDawg on September 19, 2015, 09:54:01 PM
Quote from: Herb. on September 19, 2015, 09:49:30 PM
Quote from: Baphomet. on September 19, 2015, 09:48:11 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on September 19, 2015, 09:43:28 PM
I dont like how they tied in him being raped as a young boy with him being gay, like what does one have to do with the other.

I really HATE that because it makes no sense.
How can a traumatic experience make you want to turn gay.   :diddraispoot:
it can cause someone to question their sexuality. men are easily aroused. so if a woman touches my private part, and i get hard, as an adult i understand its only natural. this does not mean I am bisexual or heterosexual. but as a child, you'd ask "why did i enjoy that a bit?"

if anything, it only supports the truth that being gay is NOT a choice. which is more important than any other theory.

I was molested when I was a kid, non of that peaked my gay interest because I knew what I was at a very young age. One of the biggest myths is that being gay is some perversion derived from impure thoughts amongst men, some of which fantasize about young boys. For people to continue to link molestation, or being raped by a man to being gay is just ridiculous to me.

That stinks. Do you think they targeted you because they believed you were gay?

I personally believe the whole gay = rape = molestation = predator thing is another tactic to make it easier to write gay people off. It's like they did with blacks by vilifying them all over the world by saying they were slaves because they were stupid because of their dark skin when that was never proven. The white man is really the villain. Just think about it.  Straight white men are the biggest contributors of child molestation and rape period, but of course when it done by a gay person just like a black person stealing,  it's magnified when we know these things aren't tied to one race or community of people.

Bentley!

September 19, 2015, 11:24:37 PM #57 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:27:26 PM by Bentley!
Quote from: BigDawg on September 19, 2015, 11:19:10 PM
Quote from: Bentley! on September 19, 2015, 11:11:00 PM

That is a very different way of thinking about it Bent. I never really put it into that perspective.
But I tend to agree with you
I don't feel molestation ultimately affects orientation

What about the adverse effect, wouldn't that detour young men from being with other men out of trauma?
And, what about female-male molestation
It would be hard to pin-point which causes would cause which reactions

I personally can say, it happened to me, and liking men's now isn't a result of my molestation.

Kurama

Sexual orientation confusion is a symptom of sexual trauma, primarily in men because women are typically molested by the opposite sex.

I commend you all for sharing these personal/powerful narratives. Be careful with doing this on bsource though. It would be disgusting to have someone throw this in your face because you drag their faves.

iman

Bent and BigDawg, I'm so sorry.
It's scary that so many men have been abused but have kept quiet. More light should be shined on this because I truly believe many men (especially black men) suffer because of their past abuse. It's like a bad thing for them to discuss it for some reasno.