How many of you can swim?

Started by Mel., May 06, 2017, 08:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel.

I can't
so if ever I'm in a situation that calls for it, consider me DONE.

let's discuss?

Rxxf

i don't know how to swim
i really want to learn though
BRANDY

Mel.

Quote from: SingBran on May 06, 2017, 08:44:52 PM
i don't know how to swim
i really want to learn though

Same, I would love to learn
but I'm deathly afraid of drowning

it would be nice to know tho..you never know if you might have to

Mel.

May 06, 2017, 08:49:06 PM #3 Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 08:50:19 PM by 𝓜𝓔𝓛
One of my biggest fears is drowing
being surrounded in a body of water and not know what to do

I've actually had many dreams of being in an ocean all alone. Terrifying.

BrokenHeartsHeal

I can swim, I just don't fuck with no big body of water, currents and waves are no joke no matter how good of a swimmer you are.

Mel.

Quote from: BrokenHeartsHeal on May 06, 2017, 08:53:29 PM
I can swim, I just don't fuck with no big body of water, currents and waves are no joke no matter how good of a swimmer you are.

Was it difficult? how long did it take to be good at it?

Brit Brat

BetterAngels

My mother made sure all of us knew how to swim. Growing up in Florida, she said that there was too much water around for her kids to not know how to swim.

BrokenHeartsHeal

Quote from: 𝓜𝓔𝓛 on May 06, 2017, 08:57:14 PM
Quote from: BrokenHeartsHeal on May 06, 2017, 08:53:29 PM

Was it difficult? how long did it take to be good at it?

It won't take you no longer than a month to get the basics but you have to practice. Once you got it down there should be no reason why you would forget either and then you can dabble into different styles. You should just go for a lesson in some 4-5ft water.

I never wanted to get in the water when I was small, but around 6 I learned how to swim from some instructor at a camp. I was put to the ultimate test one day that same summer when my friends and I went on a boat ride and these assholes tipped the boat over in the lake and we had to swim our asses to shore. Bitch I lost my glasses and Michael Phelps'd it to shore I had no time to freak out I wanted to live  :dead:

Annie

May 06, 2017, 10:23:41 PM #9 Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:24:29 PM by Annie
I was about seven when I learned but I also live near the coast and in my country everyone learns. I learned at school..I love swimming in the sea. Not good at diving and holding my breath but I know what to do in tricky situations

/.\

Annie

May 06, 2017, 10:25:46 PM #10 Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:27:20 PM by Annie
Learn how to float on your back.. Always important to know how to do that
:freewilly:

/.\

4 fucking k

I kinda can but I'm screwed if I ever go into the deep end.

Demm_

I can. I almost died at this water park when I was like 8, so that's when I learned. Lol

KingOfHearts

I'm an island boy so learning how to swim was a must growing up because of my dad I'm like a fish in the water.  :blush:
My Queens!!