Katy Perry - Bon Appetit Music Video

Started by Cartierline, May 12, 2017, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel.

Harry Olafsen 8 minutes ago

After the video, I fully understand the song. It is talking about the objectification of women's bodies in society/in the media. Throughout the video, Katy is nothing but a "piece of meat," and only men have a handle over her body. This can also be interpreted as a plea for vegetarianism and veganism, but I think it is much deeper than that. Over the course of the video, she is cooked and molded into what the male chefs want her to be, but by the end of the song, she is doing her own thing as a liberated, socially conscious woman, smashing the patriarchy. The video and song are actually quite complex and stunning when looked at in this way.

AIDS

Mel.

Queen is storming is really through with a MESSAGE this go round.
she was serious about this "pop with a purpose" stance

I'm all for it.

AIDS

Quote from: ♊ on May 12, 2017, 04:16:47 PM
Queen is storming is really through with a MESSAGE this go round.
she was serious about this "pop with a purpose" stance

I'm all for it.

/

Mel.

Pop music can be fun and spread awareness at the same time.

Mel.

The video has definitely changed the way I hear the song now

GLOCK

BCCVCCVBNNBCVBNNNNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

stomp king

Kurama

FlowerBomb

Quote from: zambo. on May 12, 2017, 04:30:01 PM
insinsfdin
ds
ipds

when she SLID down into that fucking BROTH
s
dom[sdom

weee!!!! :cheerup:
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj yh it's almost out of top 200

Mel.

I can see the video already going over a lot of gorls heads
and them not getting the message, AT ALL

Feminists, SJW's and activists, at this very moment are pulling out their hair by the follicles

fedswatchin

Quote from: ♊ on May 12, 2017, 04:11:30 PM
Harry Olafsen 8 minutes ago

After the video, I fully understand the song. It is talking about the objectification of women's bodies in society/in the media. Throughout the video, Katy is nothing but a "piece of meat," and only men have a handle over her body. This can also be interpreted as a plea for vegetarianism and veganism, but I think it is much deeper than that. Over the course of the video, she is cooked and molded into what the male chefs want her to be, but by the end of the song, she is doing her own thing as a liberated, socially conscious woman, smashing the patriarchy. The video and song are actually quite complex and stunning when looked at in this way.
:howfestive: :cheerup:

I also think it's a stand against underground organ harvesting and blood sacrifices as well

BAPHOMET.

this video was kinda..... fucking amazing and im not trolling or joking.

I sat and watched it twice. WHY wasn't this the lead?  :uhh: