BET Awards 2017 *Official Thread* - Nominees and Performances

Started by Sharon., June 25, 2017, 07:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: Trey on June 26, 2017, 08:05:03 AM
Quote from: Kordei Jauregui. on June 26, 2017, 07:28:24 AM
Quote from: Trey on June 26, 2017, 02:54:27 AM
G

Remy really won? EBT is so fucking late.
Yeah.

Young Ma rightfully deserved that award if they wasn't going to give it to Nick. I'm not gonna take anything away from Rem but she's relevant because she went up against the Queens. When Nicki went up against Kim, she at least had solo content and success. She won her award before the beef even began :dead:

Shame. All this hoop and holler and sis still won't be able to sell. Oh well.
h

!!!!! At least sis had a single. :dead: If Iggs couldn't take Nicki out with the biggest song of the YEAR, how the fuck did Remy? :dead:

It's a JOKE.

:udontlookok:
Im crying. Have u been sleeping the last few months? Remy embarrassed nicki and exposed her lack of rap prowess in a major way.  She was crowned the winner in a fckn rap battle against the bitch.  That ALONE gets her the award.  I could even see if nicki had some major songs or a smash album but not even that.  U seem to think she shouldve won so enlighten us.  Did she have some great song that i missed? Like what exactly entitled her to that award?
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: شيطان on June 26, 2017, 08:21:43 AM
The explained it once. It is based on whether you have submitted videos for them to play. One music video as a soloist in the time period can be enough to be considered. It happened when Trina was snubbed.
g

As a soloist? :dead: So how was Remy nominated?

CHOKE

Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on June 26, 2017, 08:15:45 AM
Quote from: Trey on June 26, 2017, 08:14:52 AM
And the EBTs are not based on anything. They just pass out the mess to whoever they feel like giving it to. :dead: That's why the gorls stay screaming at the nominations and have no respect for the award. :dead:
!!!!!!

xcccccc

Beyonce has 2-3 year gaps between her albums yet somehow is nominated every year  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

And she deserves each and every one

:watchit:

Vonc2002

Yall talking about singles and like we've already said, it CLEARLY aint about that.  Literally every other award show outside of the people's choice awards or the billboard awards gives awards how they see fit. The grammys are constantly handing awards to lesser known/successful  artists that they deem more worthy.  When BET gives Remy an award based on something that was pretty much a consensus, it's "a joke" :dead:
Like everyone knew Remy was gonna win that award.  There was no surprise, which is why everyone in the audience responded the way they did.  There were no faces of shock or "WHAT THE WORLD". I honestly don't see how anyone thought nicki minaj was gonna win that award :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

AIDS

GRAND

,mCXXXXXXXX

I had a feeling these award shows told an artist in advance if they were winning

Best believe if Nicki found out she was winning she wouldve been there to make SURE she assumed her superiority over Remy

SouravMay

Quote from: Trey on June 26, 2017, 08:35:03 AM
Quote from: شيطان on June 26, 2017, 08:21:43 AM
The explained it once. It is based on whether you have submitted videos for them to play. One music video as a soloist in the time period can be enough to be considered. It happened when Trina was snubbed.
g

As a soloist? :dead: So how was Remy nominated?

Soloist just means lead artist and not featured. Remy is the lead on most of the videos submitted to BET.
B7

SouravMay

All The Way Up sold 4 times as much (2x platinum) as all Nicki's solo singles combined in the eligible period (500k).

So she won the beef, the sales, and the critics. She won. Fair and square.
B7

GLOCK

Quote from: Scott. on June 26, 2017, 02:00:34 AM
Quote from: 🇿🇦Khoi Zan🇿🇦 on June 26, 2017, 01:39:46 AM
Quote from: Scott. on June 26, 2017, 01:28:59 AM
Whether she wins next year or not, she still won this time!
if only this logic was extended to Nicki in this thread.

crying
Especially considering Nicki has won 7.

Palladium, make sure you throw a party next year. The works! lol

I don't really care tbh. I'm just saying what it is. She still won. If Nicki wins next year, that's cool, but make sure y'all act like BET Awards aren't important when she does next year as well.
kii

GLOCK

Quote from: Vonc2002 on June 26, 2017, 06:40:59 AM
Quote from: Kaeli. on June 26, 2017, 06:39:23 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on June 26, 2017, 06:15:11 AM
iono why yall acting like them giving that award to remy is so WOW! The BET awards are not the billboard awards. this is not based on chart stats or sales. The BET awards are much like the AMAs and based on popularity, and popularity in urban households VS POP popularity is vastly different. Iono how anyone OTHER than remy couldve won. She definitely made the biggest splash of the yr because of that beef, which she was also (pretty UNANIMOUSLY)   crowned the winner of. Like :dead:
Them giving it to nicki wouldve been an absolute joke and definitely undeserving. and :dead: at them losing their biggest supporter in the process. If you being a supporter is based on us giving u an award every yr for the rest of your career then you're no fckn supporter. And lets be honest nicki is DEFINITELY on a fast decline, so lets not act like she's beyonce. Alot of people are looking at her like the joke she is rn. Im sorry but trey that was kinda.....well......fckn SILLY
b
Dreezy aint EVER  winning, old ass BITCH
nice!

Fagggot I'm screaming  :kii:

STUNNA GOD

GLOCK

Afro I'm not entertaining this fake stanning :dead:
You have never liked Nikki ... and u were one of the first people to purchase "shether"

Gone.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Same Ol' G on June 26, 2017, 08:47:30 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on June 26, 2017, 06:40:59 AM
Quote from: Kaeli. on June 26, 2017, 06:39:23 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on June 26, 2017, 06:15:11 AM
iono why yall acting like them giving that award to remy is so WOW! The BET awards are not the billboard awards. this is not based on chart stats or sales. The BET awards are much like the AMAs and based on popularity, and popularity in urban households VS POP popularity is vastly different. Iono how anyone OTHER than remy couldve won. She definitely made the biggest splash of the yr because of that beef, which she was also (pretty UNANIMOUSLY)   crowned the winner of. Like :dead:
Them giving it to nicki wouldve been an absolute joke and definitely undeserving. and :dead: at them losing their biggest supporter in the process. If you being a supporter is based on us giving u an award every yr for the rest of your career then you're no fckn supporter. And lets be honest nicki is DEFINITELY on a fast decline, so lets not act like she's beyonce. Alot of people are looking at her like the joke she is rn. Im sorry but trey that was kinda.....well......fckn SILLY
b
Dreezy aint EVER  winning, old ass BITCH
nice!

Fagggot I'm screaming  :kii:
sddddddddddd
I honestly wanna curse u out.  That doesn't diminish the fact.