wow jan', this album is so good.

Started by garlic, September 30, 2015, 01:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIDS!

Quote from: garlic on October 01, 2015, 07:32:43 AM
"dream maker" gives me nostalgic old school vibes with a trap knock and "black eagle" has that knock reminiscent of "got til it's gone" ugh... she kind of listened to the best elements musically of her career and brought it all back in a fresh way without being a thot. the album is so worldly, age appropriate and inspirational.
:loose2when:

garlic

Quote from: RED on September 30, 2015, 03:47:41 PM
After You Fall sounds so pretty
Is it a tribute to her brother

her tone on this is so beautiful tbh and ughhhh "should've known better" is definitely a pop hit. all of these different genres that she's able to blend effortlessly. kind of reminds me of how much a musician Janet is even though she's not a powerhouse vocalist.

garlic

the album kind of revives "no sleep" for me. it just sounds fresh every time I hear it now

JCJ.

It's better than All For You and even janet. IMO and sits comfortably next to Control, Rhythm Nation, and The Velvet Rope :stressed:

AIDS!

Quote from: garlic on October 01, 2015, 07:35:13 AM
Quote from: RED on September 30, 2015, 03:47:41 PM
After You Fall sounds so pretty
Is it a tribute to her brother

her tone on this is so beautiful tbh and ughhhh "should've known better" is definitely a pop hit. all of these different genres that she's able to blend effortlessly. kind of reminds me of how much a musician Janet is even though she's not a powerhouse vocalist.
!!!!
It's effortless for her
For me it's a continuation of TVR

garlic

"2 b loved" sounds like a grown and sexy dj mustard song. i love how it comes right after "dream maker." wow and "nite" slays... i love how "night" and "broken hearts heal" blend disco sounds in a modern way. i hope this album does well commercially because a lot of people are gonna feel this is one of her best albums.

AIDS!

!!!!! at 2 Be Loved
People kept saying it sounds like a DJ Mustard song
I hear it though
It's so light poppy and fresh
Someone to call my lover/Doesn't Really Matter vibes

garlic

a lot of these songs sound like classic Jackson songs. even the last track "gon be alright" sounds like it could have came out in the 90s and slayed. album is kind of timeless.

JCJ.

garlic

Quote from: RED on October 01, 2015, 07:42:04 AM
!!!!! at 2 Be Loved
People kept saying it sounds like a DJ Mustard song
I hear it though
It's so light poppy and fresh
Someone to call my lover/Doesn't Really Matter vibes

I hope she does several more videos so people can get into the music. I feel like people hear Janet's name and think "washed up diva" but this album deserves a Grammy.

AIDS!

The Great Forever is epic
Sounds like an MJ song from the 90's
How she used her voice on the 2nd verse was creepy as fuck
I've never heard her sing like that :dead:
And that sneeze before the bridge was cute

JCJ.

this album is so uplifting and inspiring

garlic