Ci & Russell celebrate 1 Year Anniversary

Started by fedswatchin, July 06, 2017, 05:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedswatchin

Quote from: BowDown on July 06, 2017, 09:34:28 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on July 06, 2017, 07:30:22 PM
Quote from: HotsauceSwag on July 06, 2017, 07:11:35 PM
This I love!!! I just need better music from her and for her to drop the valley girl vibe!!! That's it!! This is absolutely beautiful though!
She's been a valley girl for bout 11 or so years. It's going nowhere
No shade but I think that's the only problem I have with her. She just doesn't seem authentic when she speaks and tries too hard to fit in. She should learn from Bey..

fedswatchin

Not everybody talks like Monica

Ciara moved around the world her first 8 years of life until she settled in Atlanta. She wasn't young enough to adopt an outright ATL accent but of course she was influenced by her environment. When she left the A, her true voice came into form and it wasn't that hoodrat dialect. She speaks with a regional voice now, if you can give it any label. It's not even all that valley. It's just not very NIGGERISH

Tinashe has the real valley girl voice, if you wanna talk about that

GLOCK

no one is thinking about monica :dead:
if everyone that isnt a stan complains about this why is it so hard to grasp? dddddd

fedswatchin

Quote from: G! on July 06, 2017, 09:51:42 PM
Quote from: BowDown on July 06, 2017, 09:34:28 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on July 06, 2017, 07:30:22 PM
Quote from: HotsauceSwag on July 06, 2017, 07:11:35 PM
This I love!!! I just need better music from her and for her to drop the valley girl vibe!!! That's it!! This is absolutely beautiful though!
No shade but I think that's the only problem I have with her. She just doesn't seem authentic when she speaks and tries too hard to fit in. She should learn from Bey..
!
It's so simple
Be urself and the girls will slowly get back in
See: BODY PARTY..

got back to her roots and caused a bit of a r&b ruckus
U kinda couldn't avoid Ci for that song
And she had the lil videos to go with every song
They were true to who she is and such

d

But Lis will argue that this is her and that the next era will book :overit:
It is her, she's kinda been outta the ATL accent since like 2005.

And for the Body Party era sis was heavily influenced by Future and his smoke. She really didn't come off anymore authentic in her videos/interviews than she used to.

She's not changing who she is. lmao!

fedswatchin

Quote from: G! on July 06, 2017, 10:55:46 PM
no one is thinking about monica :dead:
if everyone that isnt a stan complains about this why is it so hard to grasp? dddddd
you don't even have a focused complaint :dead: what even is "this," explain that

GLOCK

July 06, 2017, 10:58:16 PM #51 Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 10:58:53 PM by G!
Thefocus complaint is that she's not being herself :uhh:
And people can't get in because everything seems disingenuous and contrived

fedswatchin

Give specific examples of how she's not being herself and I'll entertain this

GLOCK

Hun you'll entertain anything that's Ci related so save it
Hit me up when ur ready to have a candid convo on this girl
I'll be here

Cowgirl

fedswatchin

Quote from: Pearls on July 06, 2017, 10:42:17 PM

Never understood this critique. If anything's fake, its when sis starts to force that tired ass GA accent and chunkin deuces to appease a group of niggers who ain't gon use her mess either way. For damn what :dead:
!!!

She tried to play a hood role during the Body Party era. But that had no contribution to the success of Body Party :dead:

Ciara is a dorky, corny, silly chick who is not all that hood. They need to get over it. These idiots don't buy her shit because she's not that popular and they don't know how to do shit but follow a crowd.

fedswatchin

Quote from: G! on July 06, 2017, 11:00:31 PM
I don't have any receipts to support the idea that she's not being herself
got it!

Cowgirl

Quote from: OwnIt on July 06, 2017, 11:03:04 PM
Quote from: Pearls on July 06, 2017, 10:42:17 PM

Never understood this critique. If anything's fake, its when sis starts to force that tired ass GA accent and chunkin deuces to appease a group of niggers who ain't gon use her mess either way. For damn what :dead:
!!!

She tried to play a hood role during the Body Party era. But that had no contribution to the success of Body Party :dead:

Ciara is a dorky, corny, silly chick who is not all that hood. They need to get over it. These idiots don't buy her shit because she's not that popular and they don't know how to do shit but follow a crowd.
She doesn't have to be hood but she doesn't have to put on an accent either..

fedswatchin