Tina Knowles: I Taught My Daughters ?From Day One? That Black Is Beautiful

Started by Ashley Bank$, July 29, 2017, 03:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: high on cush' on July 31, 2017, 10:36:52 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on July 31, 2017, 03:27:59 PM
It's funny how black people are conditioned to believe that we just have to say BLACK when talking about ourselves.  What the hell is "African American"?  Stop.  I grew up around white people, and they always were throwing around their mess.

"Oh, I'm Norwegian with a little Irish!"

"I'm part Swedish, German, and a smidge of Serbian!"
:justabit:

But it's always an eye roll when black people rep and break down their mess.  What kinda self hate & ignorance?  Unfortunately, because of slavery, most of us don't know shit about where we come from.  So, I'm starting to appreciate people like Afro really trying to understand who they are and where their family lineage originates.
I just read the whole post.

Thanks luv :blush: :blush:

Honestly in real life, I never have an issue of Black people rolling their eyes at me. If anything they're asking where I am from sometimes. That's the reason I began researching my history. Before I didn't really care tbh. I knew I was Black, gay and from the hood ...and I rapped and sung about black, gay and hood shit.  :plzstop: :cheerup:

Wasn't raised in a household where certain skin tones and hair and other races were elevated above my own. So anyone that I saw who was different than me was just that -- different. Not better.

But, I think my hair has a lot to do with it. Not because it's "good" or whateve, but it seems to be very distinctive/unique. My coworker just sent me this. It's a pic of an Ethiopian/Afar man that I've already seen before. :plzstop:

s

[youtube autoplay=1][/youtube]

H.#.G.*.Z

GMF

Aalonso.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on July 31, 2017, 04:46:31 PM
xcsfdc

Frankie was the one who convinced Keyshia that her father was some Italian man she fucked.

She thought Key' was mixed because she was her only lightskinned child. :kii:

how fuckin sad

Aalonso.

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on July 31, 2017, 03:29:55 PM
Quote from: Baph al Mana. on July 31, 2017, 03:00:01 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on July 31, 2017, 02:58:51 PM
L'Oreal used to be a MESS.

The way they dubbed her voice with a white woman at 0:29.  :omf:

WHAT THE FUCK  :kii: I have never seen this before in my life

arjsdhzvgwehs ME EITHER! WHO WAS THAT?!!?egrvkjds

ddddfffff what the fuck f

b7

Quote from: high on cush' on July 31, 2017, 04:17:04 PM
if she was biracial that woulda been cool and all but i don't see how that disqualified her from a Black event

snfsf
nsfn[o
sn[[n

n[o

bitch if u can't go to black girls rock why are u even at 106&Park... fn :plzstop:

luv keysh'
bdncncnncnc poor girl

Kaeli.

Quote from: high on cush' on July 31, 2017, 11:04:01 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on July 31, 2017, 10:47:52 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on July 31, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

Y'all remember this mess?

Only to find out years later her father wasn't white. :kii:

n

Her attitude really is disgusting!

Bdjdndndjdj

im mixed! But um being black is cool too I guess :udontlookok:
pme[jlnoawcpibuaciapc

dont worry niggers, i'll still claim u too :calmdownsis:

im crying

xcvcxcccfcxcczxxzdcxsxxxxrscj

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

KING BENTLEY.

I mean I GET what Mack is saying tho

we joke about Jenny taking strolls through her old neighborhood
but sis has always been str8 up about it

Jenny from da bloc!

I respect that. so what I'm saying is, with all this PRIDE circulating around the board all of the sudden
what would have been wrong with her saying  sumthin like ... I dunno

... 100% BLACK :dead:

the term black has evolved into a new culture, a culture that could get us back on the path to all the centuries of history that was stolen from us

I mean ... can sis even speak French? I'm jus saying
She's definitely black and proud, but I still don't sign off on that particular mess. and it was done at a time when she was still clearly tryna blow up. To separate her from the soul sistas like Tweet and crossover.

Tina, her mother, said what she said, but Matthew, her manager father, had sis looking like Britney at times for marketability, I'm just keeping it real. I mean they made Kelly tan!

yawl was wastin yawl time tryna sit and tell me sis FORMATED her entire career

H.#.G.*.Z

LOONA.