Why Is There No Aaliyah Music On iTunes?

Started by Rxxf, October 03, 2015, 10:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

Quote from: iman on October 04, 2015, 08:36:55 PM
Quote from: Ralf on October 04, 2015, 08:32:50 PM
Like for starters... I don't know if Monica had a reason for not releasing her album on October 2nd. Did she announce it?
That may something that was discussed on the board, in a thread, that I missed...
Little shit like that is I'm referring to. Am I wrong for not knowing and then asking?
:dead:

ffff

that doesn't mean you're out of the loop tho :kii: none of us know that, not even her fans. I think the fact you knew she was supposed to release on Oct. 2 means you're up to date with a lot of things.

you don't need to give a false persona to appear busy, luv. it's unbecoming at this point.

iman, i only bring up that reason to justify why i may not know something.
i had no clue you didn't know either of why she didn't release.
but i simply asked -- it only turns into something crazy when i get attacked for asking.
BRANDY

Phantom

Ralf come to bed luv. Lets discuss the 6 figures a little more in DEPTH  :ohwow:

Rxxf

Quote from: Phantom on October 04, 2015, 08:41:01 PM
Ralf come to bed luv. Lets discuss the 6 figures a little more in DEPTH  :ohwow:

I'm coming to bed. I'd rather snuggle up.
BRANDY

Annie

I found this:
The problem here seems to be her former label, Blackground Records. The label is now defunct, but before going under, they sold hundreds of hit songs from their archives to Reservoir Media Management, including the majority of Aaliyah's catalog (her first album was not included).

Aaliyah's albums are among many other Blackground releases that are currently unavailable, including:
Aaliyah - Aaliyah
Aaliyah - One in a Million
Romeo Must Die Original Soundtrack
Ashley Parker Angel  - Soundtrack to you Life
Toni Braxton - Libra
Tank - Force of Nature
Tank - One Man
Tank - Sex, Love & Pain
Timbaland & Magoo - Welcome to Our World
Timbaland & Magoo - Indecent Proposal
Timbaland & Magoo - Under Construction Pt. II

Of all the artists on the label, the only big seller whose albums are available online is Jojo, and she is currently is suing Blackground for not releasing her third album. [Suing For Her Freedom]

Reservoir will probably release these albums eventually (and make tons of money off them), but it seems like they're in no rush to do so.
https://www.quora.com/Why-isnt-Aaliyahs-third-and-final-album-available-for-streaming-or-purchase-anywhere

/.\

Rxxf

Quote from: Annie on October 04, 2015, 08:53:26 PM
I found this:
The problem here seems to be her former label, Blackground Records. The label is now defunct, but before going under, they sold hundreds of hit songs from their archives to Reservoir Media Management, including the majority of Aaliyah's catalog (her first album was not included).

Aaliyah's albums are among many other Blackground releases that are currently unavailable, including:
Aaliyah - Aaliyah
Toni Braxton - Libra
Tank - Force of Nature
Tank - One Man
Tank - Sex, Love & Pain

Of all the artists on the label, the only big seller whose albums are available online is Jojo, and she is currently is suing Blackground for not releasing her third album. [Suing For Her Freedom]

Reservoir will probably release these albums eventually (and make tons of money off them), but it seems like they're in no rush to do so.
https://www.quora.com/Why-isnt-Aaliyahs-third-and-final-album-available-for-streaming-or-purchase-anywhere

AND FINALLY, amongst all the foolery in here... someone with intelligence attempts to answer the question.

THANK YOU ANNIE.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Not one person in here mentioned that her songs were sold off. Not ONE.
So clearly, asking the question for further details was valid.
BRANDY

iman

Quote from: Annie on October 04, 2015, 08:53:26 PM
I found this:

Aaliyah - Aaliyah
Toni Braxton - Libra
Tank - Force of Nature
Tank - One Man
Tank - Sex, Love & Pain

;

Annie

Legendary record label Blackground, and its associated publishing catalog, Black Fountain Music, became part of the Reservoir catalog in 2012. The catalog is most notable for its recordings performed by the late R&B singer Aaliyah, including hits like "Are You That Somebody?", "Try Again", and "Miss You", plus new music like "Enough Said", released by Drake in 2012.
The Black Fountain publishing catalog contains songs recorded by a wide spectrum of artists including The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Missy Elliot, George Michael, and Chris Brown. The writer roster is anchored by Grammy Award winning songwriter, producer, and artist Static Major. Static wrote many of Aaliyah?s chart-topping hits, including those listed above. He had his first Billboard #1 hit in 1996 with Ginuwine?s platinum-selling single ?Pony,? most recently featured in the film Magic Mike. Just after his untimely death in 2008, Static achieved his final Billboard #1 with Lil Wayne?s Grammy Award winning song ?Lollipop.?
http://www.reservoir-media.com/artist/MTAwMzQtYjI5NDQz/

/.\

Rxxf

Quote from: Annie on October 04, 2015, 09:02:26 PM
Legendary record label Blackground, and its associated publishing catalog, Black Fountain Music, became part of the Reservoir catalog in 2012. The catalog is most notable for its recordings performed by the late R&B singer Aaliyah, including hits like "Are You That Somebody?", "Try Again", and "Miss You", plus new music like "Enough Said", released by Drake in 2012.
The Black Fountain publishing catalog contains songs recorded by a wide spectrum of artists including The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Missy Elliot, George Michael, and Chris Brown. The writer roster is anchored by Grammy Award winning songwriter, producer, and artist Static Major. Static wrote many of Aaliyah?s chart-topping hits, including those listed above. He had his first Billboard #1 hit in 1996 with Ginuwine?s platinum-selling single ?Pony,? most recently featured in the film Magic Mike. Just after his untimely death in 2008, Static achieved his final Billboard #1 with Lil Wayne?s Grammy Award winning song ?Lollipop.?
http://www.reservoir-media.com/artist/MTAwMzQtYjI5NDQz/

:wub: :wub: :wub:
Thanks Annie.
BRANDY

Rxxf

October 04, 2015, 09:07:11 PM #189 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:07:29 PM by Ralf
Key words: "What's the bottom line, the real reason, behind all of this..."

A valid question. That no one gave an answer to.
And how many of you knew about the information that Annie just provided?
Uh... yeah.

All I heard was Barry is greedy, or stupid. Or whatever. Nothing concrete.
Just wanted to attack and lynch.
Can't stand most of you. You're just miserable people.
:dead:
BRANDY

Annie

You're welcome! When you look at the tracks you'll see people can request a license for three months for a 15 second snippet :dead: I guess they're pretty strict or lazy with copyright things.

/.\

Annie

I just checked my iTunes and I do see the albums (the rereleases)

/.\

Annie

Oh I see it now, Craze is selling Ultimate Aaliyah

/.\