Hide the oxtails!... Rihanna is fucking HUGE!

Started by XXX., August 10, 2017, 12:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHOKE

Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on August 10, 2017, 05:58:06 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:01:24 PM
Hot 100!  Work!  Top 10's!

But Anti has still not sold 1 million copies 18 months later and the tour numbers are an absolute wreck.

She won 0 VMA's and 0 Grammys.

Are ya'll seeing a trend here? 

At some point, she has to transition into something more than The Hot 100.  You live by the Hot 100, you die by it.  Which is why they couldn't even put her album out until she had a hit.  And that was over a year later.

Beyonce just kinda puts her shit out & stands in her stilettos.  Not every bitch is able!
omg

WTF

XXX.

Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:47:24 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:24:20 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:15:47 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:03:04 PM
Quote from: glock on August 10, 2017, 04:59:22 PM
Quote from: CHI CHI. on August 10, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
Quote from: glock on August 10, 2017, 04:52:43 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 04:50:43 PM
Quote from: CHI CHI. on August 10, 2017, 04:44:07 PM
And clearly this bitches stock has gone down.

Not it taking her 3-4 singles to finally go #1. With Drake on the song. The hottest rapper out. The Anti era was a FOOL.

:omf:

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..

The way "FourFiveSeconds", "Bitch!", "American Oxygen" all struggled and they kept pushing the album back.  Then, scrapped all of them.

:kii:
d

it was a messy era
what artist doesnt have this after 7 albums?

how many hit songs did lemonade propel?  :plzstop:
Lemonade had no #1's and still ECLIPSED Anti  :dead:

That's what y'all don't get

Beyonc? is just THAT bitch. :omf:
v

lemondade had no actual hits..
in fact she hasnt had a hit since drunk

with a full on movie with that weak ass album..
and sacrificing the privacy of her marriage with that ugly nigga..
it sorta had no choice but to do cool...
adele still shitted all over her .. with little effort...

adele is actually that bitch.. u know the girl that won album of the year

n

"Formation" went Top 10.

And every song from Lemonade charted from TIDAL only!

Now, imagine if she actually GAVE a fuck and put her music on Apple Music & Spotify.

Keep believing she CAN'T chart versus she doesn't care.

This is why I KI at them when they talk about hit singles.

Beyonc? has literally mastered the art of being a celebrity/artist. Why would obtaining a hit single be a difficult feat for her? She is a 20 year veteran. She knows the game and how it works. She's not trying nor does she care.

I'm still screaming at the way she handicapped "Formation" left and right and it still skyrocketed into the Top 10 after being available for Free 99 for months. And they act like "Drunk In Love" didn't skyrocket to #2 after she grinding on a chair for 4 minutes at the Grammys.  :dead:     

Thank you!  "Formation" could have went #1 if it would have been released to all streaming platforms after the Super Bowl.  But this bitch gave it away as a free download on TIDAL.  :uhh:

"Sorry" went #11 on TIDAL streams only. 

I've come to realize that Beyonce just does not care about that anymore.
Rihanna is turning 30 in February.  Does she think Pop radio is going to have her in heavy rotation forever?  Top 40, and the industry in general, is ageist.  She's probably only got about a few years left scoring big Pop hits and consistent #1's.  We saw with Anti it's not as easy as it was before.

Which is why it's so important to start creating eras & music that have real impact.  Even if it doesn't top the charts, create something moving and compelling to create a legacy for your work.  "Formation" wasn't a #1, but I couldn't tell the way it stormed 2016. 

The Rihs don't seem to get that.

hhggg

Imagine a full rollout of it.

"Formation" put on Youtube the day before the Superbowl but NOT unlisted
Superbowl performance
Immediate release to all digital retailers followed by all streaming services

:gorlonfire:

And Bey wised up, She had her fun when she was younger and first started and got her hits out, but then she realized in order to surpass the music and leave your mark you kinda need to transcend a bit.

Honestly Ryan Tedder said it best. He's done so many interviews talking about her not needing pop radio or traditional hit single rollouts in order to make impact. I wish I could find them all.

I can't feel bad for Rih tbh. Her team keeps relying on newbie tactics to keep her afloat. As soon as she stopped releasing albums yearly the was the beginning of the MESS. And it just keeps getting worse.

And yh kinda amaze how Formation was the talk of 2016. Meanwhile "Work" perched at #1 for weeks but what did you actually hear about it other than all the Youtube parodies or people making fun of how she was singing the lyrics? No impact or lasting impression whatsoever. Just another hit for her discography.

I don't think they will ever understand.   :dead:     

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's fucking FINAL!

Maybe with all these #1's, she can release a Greatest Hits album next.  I just hope it can sell 1 million copies by month 18.

GLOCK

Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on August 10, 2017, 06:03:36 PM
:plzstop:

No shade but yawl said the same thing when Self-Titled dropped ..... about no promo because it was a surprise but she had a full Apple roll out :dead:

I just don't see how sis sabotaged herself with Lemons.

Plenty promo, she's always been double plat with no #1's after DIL

and how much has it sold in total sales?
Didn't it stall at like 1.5k?

force!

GLOCK

Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 06:04:38 PM
Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on August 10, 2017, 06:03:36 PM

I just don't see how sis sabotaged herself with Lemons.

Plenty promo, she's always been double plat with no #1's after DIL

n

I think you're missing the point that Lemonade is still not available on any other streaming platform other than TIDAL.
Excuses after excuse
Taylors mess wasn't on most of these shits
And yet she still books

Stop the shit.
Bey barely fucking books

Young

Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:56:20 PM
Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:31:57 PM
Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 05:22:43 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 05:09:36 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:06:52 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 05:04:36 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:59:54 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 04:50:57 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:10:45 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 03:57:22 PM
If she only had looks going for her, she wouldn't have the 2nd most amount of top 10 hits in history. I'm sure everyone is listening to her music because of how cute she is. Makes sense.

If that was the case, all these pretty model type girls would be smash to the same degree as well... but they aren't. :dead:

f

Is Kae retarded?

Are you retarded? Even Cassie had a smash single. There's a big history of minimally talented female artists who only had some sort of success because they had a look. Same goes for male artists.

Are you? Especially for that damn CASSIE analogy.

The point I was making was that artists cannot become as big as Rihanna coasting by solely on looks the way you're trying to make it seem.  Cassie had ONE hit. Rihanna has over 40. :dead:

I don't think the navy ever tries to make Rihanna out to be some whitney Aretha type of talent, but she definitely isn't only successful because she's beautiful.People love her voice. Now I agree that looks help you get some type of success, but Rihanna's is astronomical. I could maybe see your argument in 2006, but not now.

h

Having an ear for music to crank out hits doesn't fall in line with having talent, especially when we're talking about actual skills that involving, singing, dancing, composing etc.

The fact that you're solely focusing on chart stats pretty much proves my point.     

b

Literally said her unique voice was a part of her appeal but okie dokie hun

And that's a talent?

:ummwhat:   

Earlier in the thread YOU & choke implied that her only appeal were her looks and her looks only. That is when I said that her voice is also apart of her appeal.

I didn't imply anything.

I clearly said her appeal was in her looks because she's not exceedingly talented.

Rihanna's whole shtick since her 3rd album has been the fashionista, trendsetter/reinventing look mess but even before that it was the exotic looking island girl theme. The foundation of everything about her was always her image because again, she was never traditionally talented.   

So what was Matthews reasons for having 3 MUTES and one girl singing when D.C. Debut'd ?

Everyone has a SHTICK and that one was to HELP Beyonce stand out

Rih can't help she's a bad BITCH
None the less you cant SEE her on radio and she STILL OWNS that

Using your logic you could easily say the same for The Pussycat Dolls but we all know Nicole flopped for points when she attempted to go solo.

It's no secret that the other girls in DC weren't as talented and it was painfully obvious, but again that boils down to TALENT..not LOOKS.

And Rih being on the radio doesn't really have anything to do with this conversation. This is the problem with Rihanna stans. Y'all think chart stats fill in the gap for her lack of talent and try to use that as leverage.

But no DICE!

But bby luv!

I'm not talking about the charts!
I'm talking about that fact that people wanna hear RIHANNAS VOICE

Always tapped for features
Always dominating radio

Her tone is the most distinct out of them all

Her VOICE AND TONE IS PART OF HER TALENT
Like with gorls like Bran, Ashly, India Airie etc..

Those Texan growls aren't as pleasing to the ears hun

Am sorr'

But HNYSCKLE

That is mostly about the material rather than her voice.

Am mean, Katy Perry was basically cranking out #1s and hit singles faster than what and what is so special or unique about her voice? Absolutely nothing.

Some artists just have a really good ear for what's hot and current because honesty if you replace Rih's vocals with somebody like SIA or Katy & Ariana Grande the ending result would've been pretty similar chartwise

And the gorls are paying $500 to hear those texas growls live & prerecorded on tour   

Like I said sug' lump

People are tapping Queen Rih for these hits. Because it's RIHANNA

Wild Thoughts, Nothing is Promised, This is What You Cam' , loyalty etc

It's unfair to deny what's clear as DAY

And to be frank; when it's just bey and mic most times it isn't that GREAT
--some of her worst performances actually in recent years

Her precious lord performance, Ava Maria mess, the National Anthem in the press room. Bey is an ENTERTAINER --she knows how to cover up/masks her short comings.

Rih isn't that kind of artist .

LOONA.

I'm really wondering how Rih will recover next era. It was literally nothing outside of "Work" tbh.

And fact that her tour bombed to hell even after she downsized to arenas and slashed prices was very telling.

Eternal Bell

Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 06:09:49 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:56:20 PM
Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:31:57 PM
Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 05:22:43 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 05:09:36 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:06:52 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 05:04:36 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:59:54 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 04:50:57 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 04:10:45 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on August 10, 2017, 03:57:22 PM
If she only had looks going for her, she wouldn't have the 2nd most amount of top 10 hits in history. I'm sure everyone is listening to her music because of how cute she is. Makes sense.

If that was the case, all these pretty model type girls would be smash to the same degree as well... but they aren't. :dead:

f

Is Kae retarded?

Are you retarded? Even Cassie had a smash single. There's a big history of minimally talented female artists who only had some sort of success because they had a look. Same goes for male artists.

Are you? Especially for that damn CASSIE analogy.

The point I was making was that artists cannot become as big as Rihanna coasting by solely on looks the way you're trying to make it seem.  Cassie had ONE hit. Rihanna has over 40. :dead:

I don't think the navy ever tries to make Rihanna out to be some whitney Aretha type of talent, but she definitely isn't only successful because she's beautiful.People love her voice. Now I agree that looks help you get some type of success, but Rihanna's is astronomical. I could maybe see your argument in 2006, but not now.

h

Having an ear for music to crank out hits doesn't fall in line with having talent, especially when we're talking about actual skills that involving, singing, dancing, composing etc.

The fact that you're solely focusing on chart stats pretty much proves my point.     

b

Literally said her unique voice was a part of her appeal but okie dokie hun

And that's a talent?

:ummwhat:   

Earlier in the thread YOU & choke implied that her only appeal were her looks and her looks only. That is when I said that her voice is also apart of her appeal.

I didn't imply anything.

I clearly said her appeal was in her looks because she's not exceedingly talented.

Rihanna's whole shtick since her 3rd album has been the fashionista, trendsetter/reinventing look mess but even before that it was the exotic looking island girl theme. The foundation of everything about her was always her image because again, she was never traditionally talented.   

So what was Matthews reasons for having 3 MUTES and one girl singing when D.C. Debut'd ?

Everyone has a SHTICK and that one was to HELP Beyonce stand out

Rih can't help she's a bad BITCH
None the less you cant SEE her on radio and she STILL OWNS that

Using your logic you could easily say the same for The Pussycat Dolls but we all know Nicole flopped for points when she attempted to go solo.

It's no secret that the other girls in DC weren't as talented and it was painfully obvious, but again that boils down to TALENT..not LOOKS.

And Rih being on the radio doesn't really have anything to do with this conversation. This is the problem with Rihanna stans. Y'all think chart stats fill in the gap for her lack of talent and try to use that as leverage.

But no DICE!

But bby luv!

I'm not talking about the charts!
I'm talking about that fact that people wanna hear RIHANNAS VOICE

Always tapped for features
Always dominating radio

Her tone is the most distinct out of them all

Her VOICE AND TONE IS PART OF HER TALENT
Like with gorls like Bran, Ashly, India Airie etc..

Those Texan growls aren't as pleasing to the ears hun

Am sorr'

But HNYSCKLE

That is mostly about the material rather than her voice.

Am mean, Katy Perry was basically cranking out #1s and hit singles faster than what and what is so special or unique about her voice? Absolutely nothing.

Some artists just have a really good ear for what's hot and current because honesty if you replace Rih's vocals with somebody like SIA or Katy & Ariana Grande the ending result would've been pretty similar chartwise

And the gorls are paying $500 to hear those texas growls live & prerecorded on tour   

Like I said sug' lump

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht

Young

Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 06:10:21 PM
I'm really wondering how Rih will recover next era. It was literally nothing outside of "Work" tbh.

And fact that her tour bombed to hell even after she downsized to arenas and slashed prices was very telling.

Needed Me slayed the charts
So did Love on The Brain

Cartierline

I don't think she really cares about music anymore tbh. The way she's trying to branch out into fashion, movies, makeup, etc.

Music is an afterthought at this point.

:19k:

CHOKE

Bey and a MIC

Just know Monica could never in her life

LOONA.

Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 06:12:49 PM

So did Love on The Brain

Thanks to STREAMING which you can do for FREE

Why do y'all thinking peaking high means a song is automatically a smash? There are so many factors into what makes a song a hit.

It's like when y'all bragged about "Rude Boy" going #1 when it sold less than all of the other songs in the Top 10.

:udontlookok:     

Young

Quote from: Cho-Ku on August 10, 2017, 06:15:26 PM

Bey and a MIC, BACKGROUND DANCERS, A MOVIE INTRO, ECHO MACHINE , AND STAGE EFFECTS

Just know Monica could never in her life

Oh.

LOONA.

Quote from: Cartier on August 10, 2017, 06:14:38 PM

I don't think she really cares about music anymore tbh. The way she's trying to branch out into fashion, movies, makeup, etc.

Music is an afterthought at this point.

:19k:

!!!!

I peeped that. She's trying to build an empire, but not for her music. 

But alot of that ties into her looks, so I'm confused as to why she's letting herself gain so much weight.     

Young

Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 06:16:02 PM
Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 06:12:49 PM

So did Love on The Brain

Thanks to STREAMING which you can do for FREE

Why do y'all thinking peaking high means a song is automatically a smash? There are so many factors into what makes a song a hit.

It's like when y'all bragged about "Rude Boy" going #1 when it sold less than all of the other songs in the Top 10.

:udontlookok:     

If people wanna hear it they wanna hear it .

Bought or not.