Hide the oxtails!... Rihanna is fucking HUGE!

Started by XXX., August 10, 2017, 12:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedswatchin

I'm tired of the gorls downplaying God the World. That's honestly one of her signature songs. It may not have went #1 but it made a lot of noise. After its reign, it was covered in Pitch Perfect, Channing Tatum dressed up like her and performed it :diddraispoot: who run this motha is iconic

b7

Quote from: Drais. on August 11, 2017, 10:11:31 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on August 11, 2017, 10:07:42 AM
Quote from: OwnIt on August 11, 2017, 10:06:10 AM
Run the World was definitely a smash record also :kii: as was Love on Top

Bey gets memorable hits each and every era :diddraispoot:
she always makes an impact

I meant smash as in top 5 record tho. I'm sure everyone was shocked to see her struggle with it (chart wise)

What exactly is a "smash" record to you?

And DIL peaked at 2 and stayed in the Top 10 for 2 months.     

:diddraispoot:
Whats Drunk n love have to do with anything

I'm talking about the rollout of her album. I feel like the way 4 was handled (leaking early and the singles outside of Love on top not doing much) absolutely could have had a hand in how self titled was put out

I don't think that's a reach nor is that a bad thing
:udontlookok:

LOONA.

Quote from: OwnIt on August 11, 2017, 10:13:03 AM
I'm tired of the gorls downplaying God the World. That's honestly one of her signature songs. It may not have went #1 but it made a lot of noise. After its reign, it was covered in Pitch Perfect, Channing Tatum dressed up like her and performed it :diddraispoot: who run this motha is iconic

!!!!!

People need to stop looking at peaks as a measure of anything.

Songs initially peak high and fall off the chart the following week all the time and some songs peak low but stabilized and spend hundreds of weeks on the chart matching the sales of songs in the Top 10.

The average person is not lurking on Billboard or iTunes. All they know is what they see and hea in the real world, and with the way GODmation AND RTW stormed in their respective years you wouldn't even be able to tell them they weren't #1 on every chart. Meanwhile other songs are peaking in the Top 5 and are forgotten 4 or 5 months later. 

There is so much more to a smash than a peak. People don't seem to get this.   

fedswatchin

August 11, 2017, 10:19:40 AM #468 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:21:10 AM by OwnIt
If Bey was thirsty for that #1 she woulda kept comin out with pop friendly Sweet Dreams and mess. Before 4 ever even came out, she was in the documentaries shading the gorls who put out quick hits that don't stick like grits, as opposed to making real albums. And that was filmed before she ever released a single. If Bey was pressed for a #1, she would have easily gotten one. 4 was made as a point to say, "I'm a legend, I can craft a real album with raw vocals and still make an impact with songs that everyone will know the lyrics to." :plea:

LOONA.

Quote from: 1RIG on August 11, 2017, 10:16:02 AM
Quote from: Drais. on August 11, 2017, 10:11:31 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on August 11, 2017, 10:07:42 AM
Quote from: OwnIt on August 11, 2017, 10:06:10 AM
Run the World was definitely a smash record also :kii: as was Love on Top

Bey gets memorable hits each and every era :diddraispoot:
she always makes an impact

I meant smash as in top 5 record tho. I'm sure everyone was shocked to see her struggle with it (chart wise)

What exactly is a "smash" record to you?

And DIL peaked at 2 and stayed in the Top 10 for 2 months.     

:diddraispoot:
Whats Drunk n love have to do with anything

I'm talking about the rollout of her album. I feel like the way 4 was handled (leaking early and the singles outside of Love on top not doing much) absolutely could have had a hand in how self titled was put out

I don't think that's a reach nor is that a bad thing

Because DIL is a single from her that went Top 5. You were just mentioning how she couldn't do it.

RAY7

MelMel

Quote from: OwnIt on August 11, 2017, 10:19:40 AM
If Bey was thirsty for that #1 she woulda kept comin out with pop friendly Sweet Dreams and mess. Before 4 ever even came out, she was in the documentaries shading the gorls who put out quick hits that don't stick like grits, as opposed to making real albums. And that was filmed before she ever released a single. If Bey was pressed for a #1, she would have easily gotten one. 4 was made as a point to say, "I'm a legend, I can craft a real album with raw vocals and still make an impact with songs that everyone will know the lyrics to." :plea:
You better say that Bella! :stressed:

CHOKE

Quote from: AYR on August 11, 2017, 10:24:26 AM
The way this changed from Rih being fat

kdjdjjdjrjr

She's still fat that was already established

b7

I didn't say she couldn't do it, I said after 4 maybe her and that TEAM felt like maybe she couldn't do it. At least not the traditional way

LOONA.

Rig is about to get the fck slapped.

:ummwhat:     

b7

LOONA.

b7

CHOKE

August 11, 2017, 10:39:11 AM #478 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:40:10 AM by Cho-Ku
Obviously, releasing the "traditional" way caused her album to leak 3 weeks early

She changed the game, now almost no big name artist releases albums the "traditional" way anymore

LOONA.