Is Nicki Minaj's 'Be Humble' Tweet Aimed at Taylor Swift?

Started by Lazarus, August 25, 2017, 10:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Taylor Swift returned on Friday (Aug. 25) with her new, highly-anticipated single "Look What You Made Me Do", a fiery message to the everyone on her "list," promising them that "you'll all get yours." Shortly after Swift's single released, Nicki Minaj sent out a cryptic tweet that many believe is a shot at the pop star.

Using a line from Kendrick Lamar's "Humble," Minaj wrote, "N----a sit down. Be humble," in the wee hours of the morning, an hour after Swift's midnight release.

On "Look What You Made Me Do," Swift sings about seeking revenge, singing lines like, "I've got a list of names and yours is in red underlined/ I check it once, then I check it twice," and "The world goes on, another day, another drama, drama/But not for me, not for me, all I think about is karma."

In 2015, Minaj tweeted "If your video celebrates women with very slim bodies, you will be nominated for vid of the year," after discovering her hit "Anaconda" didn't receive a nomination for the VMAs' coveted video of the year award.

Swift, who felt that the rapper's tweet was aimed at her, responded, "I?ve done nothing but love & support you. It?s unlike you to pit women against each other." The pop singer's "Bad Blood" video eventually won the video of the year award, and she ended her feud with Minaj at the award show when they opened the main event with a duet.

But some fans think the "No Frauds" rapper ignited a new feud with Swift after hopping on Katy Perry's "Swish Swish," which Perry deemed a "self-empowerment" anthem, although others took it as a Swift diss. Perry and Minaj recently released the star-studded video.

GRAND

August 25, 2017, 10:54:54 AM #4 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:55:02 AM by LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL
c

Im so tired of this shit

Just name names faggots

Bruce

Eternal Bell

can ariana jus comebac alrdy

tha onl' talented gorl this gen'!