Happy 20th Anniversary Butterfly

Started by Lazarus, September 16, 2017, 02:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

Her best album. And for me, my favourite version of her voice if that makes sense. Her voice has changed so much since her debut, kinda different with each album during the 90s. And I loved how her voice was on this album, even with the slight imperfections. Just the tonality and perfect blend of the airy tone, riffs, runs, inflections, melismas and overall vocal approach.

b7

Quote from: SIOC on September 16, 2017, 08:10:36 PM
Her best album. And for me, my favourite version of her voice if that makes sense. Her voice has changed so much since her debut, kinda different with each album during the 90s. And I loved how her voice was on this album, even with the slight imperfections. Just the tonality and perfect blend of the airy tone, riffs, runs, inflections, melismas and overall vocal approach.
!!!!

I guess Daydream was her best touring wise, but this modern ass sound >>

Kaeli.

music box era mariah vocally is my fave

FRANCE

Quote from: Kaeli. on September 16, 2017, 10:53:01 PM
music box era mariah vocally is my fave
that's like my #2. and that album slays too. her voice was just perfect on it, but too perfect for me. it was too pop of an album. i just loved her vocal approach on butterfly. how she would build each song into a climax. on music box, she had a ariana grande type vocal approach. pop song! high notes! perfection! on butterfly, she left her husband who probably controlled her style of singing and she kinda did what she wanted to do and brought more emotion to the tracks and that for me was the album that kinda started the MC sound. its a shame her vocal just declined within a year since. the way she sang My All on Butterfly wouldnt have worked as well with her 1990-1994 voice, imo.

b7

Rainbow was not a good follow up. Some gems but ch

FRANCE

BAPHOMET.

Let's keep it extra cute on "Rainbow" guys. Keep praising "Butterfly" or something.

Demm_

September 17, 2017, 12:23:26 AM #24 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:23:49 AM by Demm_
This is when I became a fan. She looked so good in that Honey video, and you couldn't tell me she wasn't dancing lol. My All is such a well paced vocal--if that makes sense. She really takes you on a vocal journey.

I just love this girl
:stressed:

Jon

Quote from: 1RIG on September 16, 2017, 05:13:21 PM

When these backgrounds swept through, acapella

:plzstop:

This acapella gave me chills. Her voice so clear and she sound effortless. I wish her voice was in this shape still.  Ugh.

BAPHOMET.

What I would've give if she could give that for just ONE more time.

her breathy tone during that period.....

BAPHOMET.

mariah is the only artist I would've bought an entire acapella album from.

CHOKE