'Playas Gon' Play' Songwriters Sue Taylor Swift Over 'Shake It Off'

Started by Lazarus, September 19, 2017, 11:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

The songwriters who wrote 3LW?s 2001 hit ?Playas Gon? Play? are claiming that Taylor Swift ripped them off. TMZ reports that Sean Hall and Nathan Butler -- who have also worked with the Backstreet Boys, Justin Bieber, Maroon 5 -- and more are suing Taylor for 20 percent of her 2014 hit ?Shake It Off.?

Admittedly, ?Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play/ And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate? is pretty close to ?The playas gon? play/ Them haters gonna hate,? although a representative for Taylor disagrees. ?This is a ridiculous claim and nothing more than a money grab,? says her rep. ?The law is simple and clear. They do not have a case.?

Divination

Hopefully she does the right thing and gives them a cut.
But then again she probably feels above this mess.
[instagram]
[/instagram]

rosone1

Aalonso.

Whenever I heard that part in Taylor's song, I honestly did think of 3LW every time. I'm not vested in either of these acts so yeah it's a thing.

BAPHOMET.

wizzy

FRANCE

Playas gon play and haters gon hate is a phrase that didnt start with 3LW though (correct me if I'm wrong). So they really dont have a case. But hopefully they'll win every cent they are suing for.

TRY.It.AGAIN

Quote from: L0NZ. on September 19, 2017, 11:38:13 AM
Whenever I heard that part in Taylor's song, I honestly did think of 3LW every time. I'm not vested in either of these acts so yeah it's a thing.

!!!!
I immediately thought of the 3Lw tune, I actually bought 1989' the day it dropped!  ^_^ :dead: , and it was one of the first things I noticed.

Also Tay' gets into the...
Breakers gonna Break//
And the Fakers gonna fake!/:

THE chorus set-up is really the exact same concept....They should have been had COIN, imo.

Cardi B., and B is for Barbie? please say thw BARBIE!