Loni and Adrienne kinda get into it on The Real

Started by XXX., October 13, 2017, 04:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Margiela. on October 13, 2017, 10:17:15 AM
I see Loni?s point. Everything ain?t for everybody. That?s just the way of the world. It?s definitely not just a poor black thing.
s

this isn't surprising in the LEAST tbh Margy. no shade to you, I think you're young ... I think

Tamera trying to doctor it up as "treating" yourself was a sweet gesture, but Loni just had a hood mentality, which sadly, alot of black celebs that make it, already have instilled in them.

spend, spend, spend

like ... niggas been treating THEMSELVES since the shackles came off. like .. ok we get it, we were held back. You want to rely on something materialistic to feel good because you have nothing else in society.

but the thing is, our next generations are getting WORSE, while ppl are busy TREATING themselves.

that's a big issue with our culture, we're are a bit materialistic, and we LIVE our bank accounts.

meaning, most likely, if you see a black person who is making alot each month, they're going to SHOW you. Label clothing, Foreign cars, maxed out mortgage.

.... versus, alot of white millionaires filling up a new Nissan Maxima or even an older model Lexus at 7-11, while paying the lowest interest rate on the same 1500 sq ft home that a Black ends up paying double for.
.... versus, a family of 8 mexicans working labor rich jobs like landscaping (which are somehow beneath young black men now), pooling money to get to a better position
.... versus, a chinese family, who is fairly smart, working in a restaurant, or nail salon. in our neighborhood :dead:
.... versus, a smart Indian family, who put aside appearance, and own a run down convenience store. in our neighborhoods :dead:

this is a sign
my family is big on non-profits, and I was just talking about opening a Financial Institute for young black men.
and I want to catch them around 13 or 14, RIGHT before they are ready to hit the work force.
because if I can get these kids first paychecks to go into a savings account, instead of "treating" themselves with Jordans ... we can start to reverse this backwards ass thinking keeping our culture in debt.

H.#.G.*.Z

KING BENTLEY.

looks like Amanda had the right idea, but took it to the extreme and sounds silly

I see why Loni said what she said tho, makes sense why Tamera stepped in then

H.#.G.*.Z

Scott.

Quote from: 1RIG on October 13, 2017, 07:18:27 AM
Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 06:54:55 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on October 13, 2017, 06:47:05 AM
Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 06:34:16 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on October 13, 2017, 06:26:33 AM
Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 06:24:00 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on October 13, 2017, 06:22:31 AM
Cody :kii: Adrienne was fucking PISSED Sndndndndnfnnf she wasn?t expecting that from Loni

n

Loni is so over being fake on this weak ass show. I?m starting to see the real her and I fucking use lolz she was soooo in her element when DL, Cedric and George Lopez got on the couch

:kii: :kii: :kii:

And Young tried to roll his eyes when I said they were OVER IT!  I called it.

But honestly, this doesn't surprise me.  Loni and Adrienne are always cutting each other off.  It was only a matter of time until one of them got in their feelings.   :kii:
nendnnfnf honesty Adrienne was being fucking rude anyway, immediately making faces and ?mmmm idk girl? before she could even finish her point

Glad Naturi didn?t truly receive that fake ass apology she tried to drum up for tv and ratings Sndndn the way she spilled it all about producers coming into her room and saying they wanted an emotional moment :kii: fuck this show

!!!!!!!!

It's hilarious how passionate she is for people to fly out of the country.  I just watched it again, and she was being super rude.  Shaking her head, rolling her eyes, huffing & puffing....

n

:udontlookok: You ok?
there has to be more to it cuz there was zero reason to be that damn rude

n
:uhh:

Adrienne says dumb shit and makes corny jokes all the time and no one is rude to her on that show. Wish Tamar were still around to get that ass together

Remember this?  :kii:

1 minute in

I remember this!  This is what made me start watching The Real.  :kii:

I love when Adrienne got pissed and Tamar called it out.  :plzstop:

But as far as what they were actually arguing about, I see it from both sides.  Because I don't think Rita and Adrienne were all that tight. 

But this makes me miss Tamar! :stressed:  This show was perfect when she was on there.  I tried to catch it everyday.  :gorlonfire:

I love how she dragged Rachel Roy.  :kii:
!. Just admit u fucked up and bring Tamar back cuz ch

XXX.

Quote from: TheNextLew on October 13, 2017, 11:50:47 AM
Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 11:48:51 AM
Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 11:35:47 AM
Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 11:27:54 AM
I think things are being taken out of context.  First and foremost, everyone should familiarize themselves with Amanda Seales tweets, because that?s what is being discussed.   Amanda said people who are buying Jordan and Nike but don?t have a passport are losing in life.  And that?s bullshit. 

Loni isn?t saying be a bum and don?t have dreams.  She?s simply saying that people who may not have the means to afford luxury shouldn?t be ashamed to spend their money on whatever they want. 

What the fuck is a passport doing for someone who can?t buy a mattress?  Amanda is an idiot.
Well the Amanda tweets weren't posted in the OP, so I don't think I've taken anything I've seen out of context. What I saw was Loni flat out saying that it's OK to live in your parents' basement and spend all your money on clothes if you'd like.

That's what I've been addressing. Honestly, up until that point in the clip I was kind of on the fence about the conversation because I was getting both sides. It's that last comment she made that made me black the fuck out.

I think Loni just has a hard time articulating a lot of her thoughts.  Bare with her.
lmao

no she used an extreme to say dont judge ppul can do what they want at the end of the day

Yeah.  Or that!

But in doing so, I do agree with Afro that it can send the wrong message.  Because some will take it as literal, because she offered no real clarification.  It's a tricky thing, because both sides are talking about material things.  So, for that reason, it's all kinda silly.

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: TheNextLew on October 13, 2017, 11:49:48 AM
Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 11:29:43 AM
Quote from: TriBeCa on October 13, 2017, 10:21:43 AM
So basically Loni knows that most of these kids won't amount to shit, so they better live it up when they have the chance. Adrienne, on the other hand thinks that with some brains and discipline, they could aim higher in life.

Is traveling aiming higher in life than purchasing material things?

Not seeing the correlation.

Sounds to me like Adrienne is placing weight on one luxury over another.  Traveling nor Jordan?s are necessary to ?win? in life.
yup
s

YUP!

oh girl ... don't cosign when you don't have a good GRASP on the topic at it's core

that's totally different then what you were spewing :dead:

H.#.G.*.Z

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on October 13, 2017, 12:01:03 PM
Quote from: TheNextLew on October 13, 2017, 11:49:48 AM
Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 11:29:43 AM
Quote from: TriBeCa on October 13, 2017, 10:21:43 AM
So basically Loni knows that most of these kids won't amount to shit, so they better live it up when they have the chance. Adrienne, on the other hand thinks that with some brains and discipline, they could aim higher in life.

Is traveling aiming higher in life than purchasing material things?

Not seeing the correlation.

Sounds to me like Adrienne is placing weight on one luxury over another.  Traveling nor Jordan?s are necessary to ?win? in life.
yup
s

YUP!

oh girl ... don't cosign when you don't have a good GRASP on the topic at it's core

that's totally different then what you were spewing :dead:

I said whether its a trip or nikes
its still money spent

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

XXX.

Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 12:01:48 PM
but then again these are tweets from a got damn comedian that they were discussing
sdfsdm

She coulda just hopped on twitter to mess a bit and ruffle some feathers.

they had this round table mess as if Condolezza perched at a press conference to say this :plzstop:

When Katy Perry was promoting her album, she had a 72 hour live stream on YouTube.  During that 72 hours, she held a dinner where a bunch of random celebrities joined her.  Amanda Seales and Caitlyn Jenner were 2 of the guests. 

Amanda really dug into Caitlyn.  And she received HUGE love from Black Twitter, Trans Twitter, etc.

And ever since then, her head has grown to the size of a fucking planet.

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 12:06:44 PM
Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 12:01:48 PM
but then again these are tweets from a got damn comedian that they were discussing
sdfsdm

She coulda just hopped on twitter to mess a bit and ruffle some feathers.

they had this round table mess as if Condolezza perched at a press conference to say this :plzstop:

When Katy Perry was promoting her album, she had a 72 hour live stream on YouTube.  During that 72 hours, she held a dinner where a bunch of random celebrities joined her.  Amanda Seales and Caitlyn Jenner were 2 of the guests. 

Amanda really dug into Caitlyn.  And she received HUGE love from Black Twitter, Trans Twitter, etc.

And ever since then, her head has grown to the size of a fucking planet.

ugh ... Van is just ....  :giveittomeddy:

H.#.G.*.Z

yummy

First of all, where did this notion come from that traveling was a necessity for everyone? Some people like to, some people don't...I don't see the correlation between that and buying any other personal item.

And that Amanda creature is a failed rapper/spoken word poet turned fake deep, activist? who thinks way too highly of herself. I'll never forget about tweeting about her mother chastising a black woman in a store because she was buying her daughter a white doll. :uhh:

Young

1. Friends argue all the time. They don?t hate eachother girls sssss

Now lemme watch

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Different

yummy

And why are Jordans, weave and everything else popular with niggas used as the barometer for poverty? :diddraispoot: These things cost no more or less than your usual car payment or cable bill.

XXX.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 13, 2017, 12:13:13 PM
First of all, where did this notion come from that traveling was a necessity for everyone? Some people like to, some people don't...I don't see the correlation between that and buying any other personal item.

And that Amanda creature is a failed rapper/spoken word poet turned fake deep, activist? who thinks way too highly of herself. I'll never forget about tweeting about her mother chastising a black woman in a store because she was buying her daughter a white doll. :uhh:

nNDJDJDJnnnnnNNNJ

What happened? :guys:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 13, 2017, 12:13:13 PM

Traveling is equated to  being well rounded worldy and educated because you are getting outside of your box and experiencing someithing

life experience
new language
new sights
different walks of life

that experience is alot more valuable than nikes

but at the end of the day it is a luxury to be able to do it and comes with a pricetag

Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 13, 2017, 12:15:05 PM
And why are Jordans, weave and everything else popular with niggas used as the barometer for poverty? :diddraispoot: These things cost no more or less than your usual car payment or cable bill.

the example needed to be relatable

but i get the sentiment

stuntin in the hood is something we do all too much

but its because of the well what else we got

Different