Idk luv, there are people who still think barbaric neanthdrals were the origin

jumpman

Miranda

Not 22 posts about fckn Egypt though.
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Slay Queen Oluchi-Nngozi
:howfestive: :howfestive: :howfestive:

Did her tribe discover America?

30. The Nigerian city of Ile-Ife was paved in 1000 AD on the orders of a female ruler with decorations that originated in Ancient America. Naturally, no-one wants to explain how this took place approximately 500 years before the time of Christopher Columbus!

iman

Quote from: Miranda on October 11, 2015, 01:49:25 PM

You already know that AA's are obsessed with Egypt  :plzstop:

Herb.

Quote from: iman on October 11, 2015, 01:35:26 PM
@Kur'

Sor' this isn't about the "black experience"

nnnnn

My only problem with that term (at this point) is its broadness. I don't see anything wrong with someone identifying as simply being black, though. We do have quite a nice culture in the states. Our music; our camaraderie in the face of racism which is unfortunately a big part of the "black experience" here in the states.....etc. I'm all for raising a fist and saying listen, "I'm BLACK. Period."  I'm on board with that statement.

But we do have roots as well. And a lot of stuff we face as "blacks" is due to our African ancestry and history. Our skin comes from Africa, our features come from Africa. So if we're going to be persecuted for our heritage, shot down for it, typecast because of it -- which is all part of this wonderful experience we have here in the states -- there's no harm at looking deeper into it, IMO. There's more to Africa than some child on TV with a swollen belly and gnats voguing in its mouth.

That's just how I see it. I don't expect everyone to see it the same way. At the end of the day, we're in the same fight and journey together. Whether or not we research or visit Africa.

Herb.

Quote from: iman on October 11, 2015, 01:51:01 PM

Yeah, I was looking for some mess on GODna too
but all these posts on Egypt and Ethiopia  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

I thought it was just me. :plzstop:

Herb.

Miranda

Quote from: iman on October 11, 2015, 01:51:01 PM

Egypt! EGYPT! Egyptians! Pyramids! Pharao!! nnn It's one of over 50 nations in Africa, we have plenty more to offer.

They didn't touch on how Voodoo originated in Africa from the Yoruba religion/Juju. How Nigeria has over 500 native languages. And I am sure there is more interesting mess from regions like Malawi, Madagascar, Chad, Niger, Morocco etc.

But I appreciate the effort, we just don't get properly informed.
:overit: :overit:

Miranda

October 11, 2015, 02:10:54 PM #25 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:11:12 PM by Miranda

Those were some of the Ancient Egyptian combs, but my professor told me there were only decorative elements for the grave and not actually used and therefore do not necessarily give indication of the texture of the people's hair at the time.

Miranda

If you want to learn more about West African mythology, sagas, fairytales and cultural legacy, I really recommend this. These stories are so nice.

:supluv:

iman

Herb.

October 11, 2015, 02:17:42 PM #28 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:25:08 PM by Herbie
traces of North Africa came up in my mess as well....Egypt, Morocco, Yemen, etc.
which is kinda weird: for obvious reasons most of AA African DNA comes from West Africa due to the TransAtlantic slave trade.

A researcher on AncestryDNA was a bit baffled when I shared my African results with her.

West Af' is definitely in there for me as well, though.
I'm taking a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing a lot of the mixed east and north African mess came from my mother's side.

The people on my father's side of the family, they are clearly of heavy West African descent.
Which makes sense, my West African DNA is of one heavy concentration. Then it kinda goes to "other" in Africa from there. :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

btw, The "Mexican" and "Puerto Rican" mess comes from the Native ancestry in South America.
much lower on the list. (cuz i know some of u are lookin like :udontlookok: )sssss
and Lumbee from North American indian, which is higher on the list, top 10.

AIDS!

You have more yourba in you than Ethophian?
Sorry Afro