Honesty Hour: Weird things your parents didn't let you do as a kid?

Started by Cartierline, October 21, 2017, 05:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STUNNA GOD

Why am I picturing your dad sitting a gun on the table daring one of you fags to say sumn?

STUNNA GOD

G

And honestly..... I never really had an interest in sleeping over. :dead: And STILL don't.

:udontlookok:

Cartierline

Quote from: Trey on October 22, 2017, 12:04:01 PM
Why am I picturing your dad sitting a gun on the table daring one of you fags to say sumn?
gggggg it wasn't like they'd kill us or anything but we were just taught it was bad manners  :dead:

Cartierline

Quote from: Trey on October 22, 2017, 12:07:20 PM
G

And honestly..... I never really had an interest in sleeping over. :dead: And STILL don't.

d

right? Looking back now, I'm not sure why I was so hung up about it.

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Cartier on October 22, 2017, 12:09:55 PM
gggggg it wasn't like they'd kill us or anything but we were just taught it was bad manners  :dead:
sdddsddddddsddddd

I was talking about Malcolm. But wait.... you couldn't have conversations during family dinners either? Wtf

STUNNA GOD

Ssdddddddddddddddds

My parents were the opposite. They forced our asses to talk. No phones at the dinner table and my dad would be QUICK to snatch the tv off too, unless it's something HE wants to see on tv.

SouravMay

Quote from: Cartier on October 22, 2017, 12:03:03 PM
Quote from: MACK on October 22, 2017, 11:49:28 AM
My father would not let us talk/converse while eating.

I thought this was common tbh. I don't like people making sounds while I eat either.
I think it is a Nigerian thing. Like you cannot talk about your day/do nothing when you eat. Something with to do with respect or something.
B7

SouravMay

Quote from: Cartier on October 22, 2017, 12:09:55 PM
yeah exactly.
B7

RAY7

um
we couldnt say certain words that aren't really profanity: Nigga, Lie, Fart
my grandmother would always say not to lay down with my hands behind my head
something about the devil, and weirdly I still dont ever lay like that 16 yrs after she passed

STUNNA GOD

Sssddddddddddddddds

My dad always said "don't put your hands in your pocket. That's a sign of laziness".

Cartierline

Oh wait, another one: my dad always said to hand things to people (usually older) with your right hand. Using your left is apparently disrespectful.

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Cartier on October 22, 2017, 12:10:29 PM
Quote from: Trey on October 22, 2017, 12:07:20 PM
G

d

right? Looking back now, I'm not sure why I was so hung up about it.
SSDDDDSDSDDDDDSDDDSSDSSSDSDDSDD

!!!! It was more so just annoying when I used to come home during the summers from college and wasn't quite able to get home.

But I was that child that had to be FORCED to go to birthday parties. I was just never into that mess.

I guess cuz I was gay too. :dead:

SouravMay

Quote from: Cartier on October 22, 2017, 01:00:04 PM
Oh wait, another one: my dad always said to hand things to people (usually older) with your right hand. Using your left is apparently disrespectful.

Same
B7

ssw4919

I can see why you wouldn't eat at random people's houses.  Not everyone is clean or hygienic.  You have to be careful eating people's dishes at work potlucks. :udontlookok: