Pop Girls Strengths & Weaknesses.... Do you agree?

Started by XXX., November 13, 2017, 03:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

I seen this over the weekend. They did the same thing with Brandy, Monica, Aaliyah, and Ashanti.

whatever

AIDS

AIDS

and laz post it so we can have a 50 page mess out

RAY7

Quote from: MARS. on November 13, 2017, 04:07:47 PM
and laz post it so we can have a 50 page mess out
hhhffvcffffdddsxsxss
If Brandy isn?t #1 on vocals
Plz don?t

b7

Discography is the biggest joke here. Taylor wishes

and Gaga aint nowhere near the performer Bey is, but she is great in her own right. Or
was

b7

Quote from: XXX. on November 13, 2017, 03:25:23 PM
Quote from: MARS. on November 13, 2017, 03:23:29 PM
Quote from: XXX. on November 13, 2017, 03:21:52 PM
GaGa is placed too high.  She doesn't sing better than Rihanna.

love Rih but gaga definitely sings better than her :dead:

I'm sorry.

GaGa doesn't have a single vocal as great as "Diamonds" at X-Factor.

Sounding like Cookie Monster with that fake soul & grunts.  Her voice gives me Broadway. :udontlookok:
Gaga's Sounds of Music tribute definitely proved she can blow and maybe she's a lot more skilled than
Rih as a vocalist, but i definitely enjoy Rihanna's style way more.

ChillOut

Taylor does have a great discography but would say, Rihanna, Taylor, Beyonce then Gaga.

SouravMay

Quote from: Lazarus on November 13, 2017, 04:04:13 PM
I seen this over the weekend. They did the same thing with Brandy, Monica, Aaliyah, and Ashanti.

post it
B7

b7

Quote from: AYR on November 13, 2017, 03:27:37 PM
Gaga doing the Sound of Music at the Oscars>>>>>
Rih could never
:dead: we said the same thing

thats when i was like WAIT  :uhh: she forces those grunts and rock sounds out of her voice when she sings her
own stuff but u can tell underneath it all she can really really sing

No one can deny Rih's improvement over the years tho

MelMel

Quote from: MARS. on November 13, 2017, 03:23:29 PM
Quote from: XXX. on November 13, 2017, 03:21:52 PM
GaGa is placed too high.  She doesn't sing better than Rihanna.

Hate Rih and gaga definitely sings better than her :dead:
!!!!

AIDS

Quote from: 1RIG on November 13, 2017, 04:17:39 PM
Quote from: AYR on November 13, 2017, 03:27:37 PM
Gaga doing the Sound of Music at the Oscars>>>>>
Rih could never
:dead: we said the same thing

thats when i was like WAIT  :uhh: she forces those grunts and rock sounds out of her voice when she sings her
own stuff but u can tell underneath it all she can really really sing

No one can deny Rih's improvement over the years tho

not her "improvements"

this consolation prize mess :dead:

XXX.

November 13, 2017, 04:36:29 PM #43 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:41:16 PM by XXX.
Ya'll know I had to be EXTRA!

For me it's.....

Performance

1. Beyonc?

No one is even close.  The performer of her generation.  Her performances are anticipated and an event no matter the occasion.  Old school showmanship mixed with her own unique gift.  Larger than life stage presence.   Often called the "female MJ".  Beyonc? is the BAR for performance male or female. 

2. GaGa
3. Rihanna
4. Taylor

Writing

1. Lady GaGa

She is the best writer here and has proven to be able to write great songs across different genres and styles. 

2. Taylor Swift
3. Beyonc?
4. Rihanna

HITS

1. Rihanna

No contest.  Rihanna can literally breathe and it's bound to chart Top 20 if not Top 10.  She has a good ear for hits.  And 12 years in,  Rihanna seems to know what works for her and what doesn't.  Out of everyone here, she has the X-Factor for making a hit record.  There's just something about her voice and overall tone that is Pop music Gold whether it's Urban leaning or Top 40.  Her voice makes the record catchy and gives it that thing.  Rihanna will probably have over 50 Top 10's by the time her career is finished.

2. Beyonc? 
3. Taylor Swift (Has about 5 more Top 10's than Beyonce, but are her hits memorable or impactful?)
4. Lady GaGa (Her Super Bowl set felt like a trip down memory lane that stopped 10 years ago.)

DISCOGRAPHY

1. Beyonc?

She makes the best albums out of this bunch.  Even if they aren't perfect, her catalog is the strongest here.  A lot of the girls know her album tracks just as much as they do the singles.  The 2nd half of her career moved to creating "full bodies of work" as opposed to "hit singles" and she's benefitted from that tremendously.  Her Metacritic scores are also the highest of the 4.

2. Rihanna
3. Lady GaGa
4. Taylor Swift

FASHION

1. Rihanna

She's very hit or miss (mostly miss) now, but Rihanna had all the girls wanting to EDGE IT UP from 2007-2010.  Her style is always young, fresh, forward... and she's a risk taker.  Her street style is legendary, and the girls kind of use her name with the word "fashion" synonymously.  Fashion houses gag and adore her.  And all want her in their clothes.  She has a respect for it, and she takes it seriously.  No...contest!

2. Lady GaGa
3. Beyonc?
4. Taylor Swift

ACCLAIM

1. Beyonc?

Even if she loses Album Of The Year for a 4th time, she's the most acclaimed.  22 Grammys.  The highest metacritic score of these 4.  And just last year, "Formation" became the most awarded song EVER!  Think pieces and college courses pop up left and right to study Beyonc? and her work.  She's respected by her peers and mostly all of the legends before her.  Her name has become synonymous with "perfection" and "greatness". ...."You have the same 24 hours in the day as Beyonc?!"...."Would Would Beyonc? Do?".....

She's the GOAT of her generation.

2. Taylor Swift
3. Rihanna
4.  Lady GaGa (I would have put GaGa over Rihanna a few years ago, but she fell off...HARD!)

VIDEOGRAPHY

1. Beyonce

Visually, I haven't seen any of the girls here do anything as strong conceptually as Lemonade.  Ever since Todd Tourso left GaGa and became Beyonc?'s creative director, she's been untouchable in that area.

2. Rihanna
3. Lady GaGa
4. Taylor Swift

VOCALS

1. Beyonce

I mean... Please!

2. Rihanna
3. Lady GaGa
4. Taylor Swift

Nine

dead @ Gaga being over Bey in performing

Which Monster made this mess