Tina Turner Prepping Autobiography 'My Love Story,' Celebrating 60th Year in Mus

Started by Lazarus, December 12, 2017, 09:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Tina Turner's life is too full for just one autobiography, so she's writing another one. Tina Turner: My Love Story is expected in fall 2018 as the sequel autobiography to her 1986 classic I, Tina.

Atria Books has acquired the rights to Turner's forthcoming autobiography, which will be written in tandem with her collaborators Deborah Davis and Dominik Wichmann. According to Entertainment Weekly, "Topics covered will include everything from 'finding love' to surviving a 'life-threatening illness' she had not previously disclosed." Simon & Schuster audio is co-releasing the audio book, set for an October 2018 publication date.

I, Tina became a worldwide best-seller and morphed into classic 1993 biopic What's Love Got to Do With It, where actress Angela Bassett portrayed Turner and actor Laurence Fishburne was cast as Turner's abusive ex-husband, Ike. According to EW, the book's timing is not coincidental, as it's meant to commemorate Turner's 60th year actively working in music.

Lazarus

Yeah this sounds interesting. Curious to read what else she's been thru throughout the years.