Would you start meeting an Ex again, after they become sick? (life advice needed

Started by Purple Moon, December 28, 2017, 02:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Moon

So there was this guy I used to kind of date on and off. He told me he loves me and I said thank you, I didn't want a proper relationship as it wouldn't have worked (he could be very controlling and almost stalkerish, but at the same time he was one of the most passionate and sweet guys I have ever encountered).

I had been ignoring his last message for about 10 months. I wake up after a wild night out, only to find out I texted him back and he wanted to meet up. I always told myself I wouldn't do it again, but as he said he really wasn't doing well I felt sorry for him (and I gotta admit that I did miss him too). So my idea was to kinda try a friends with benefits mess with him tbqfh.

Long story short, I agree to meet up with him and he is sick. Very sick. Lost all his hair, eyebrows & lashes and actually doesn't know what kind of sickness he has, as the doctors are unable to tell him up at this point. But losing all your hair is never a good sign...

While he was telling me all this I felt like a horrible person. I had been ignoring him for almost a year, while he was going through the shittiest time of his life. He said that at one point it got so bad that he didn't even know, whether he wanted to stay alive or not - that made me tear the fuck up. Furthermore he said that seeing me again had made him very happy.

My thing is, I did not tell him I am interested in anything romantic, but what if he is starting to think that? Since this whole thing with him has always been complicated, I'm really not looking to be with him romantically anymore and tbh the sickness doesn't make it easier. So ideally I would be there for him as a friend if he needs someone to talk to.

Now I'm asking myself the following: Do I tell him directly that I can only be his friend but I am not looking to get romantically involved again? Do I go one step further and not meet him again at all as it would make things easier for me? My fear is that this will crush him, as he still loves me (tbh). What if he does something stupid? What if he just passes away and I was being a selfish bitch.

My friends are saying the following:

1) I shouldn't have met him again in the first place.

2) It is not my fault that he is sick.

3) He is not my responsibility.

3) I am probably only meeting him again out of pity.

So the opinions of my friends were kind of heartless and I was looking for some alternate views on this from you guys. Don't know why I chose Bsource actually, since this place is ruthless af but at least y'all keep it real.

* I am not trying to exploit this guys story by making this topic, I am genuinely looking for some advice. Also I am on a 8 hour train ride and have lots of time on my hands at the moment.
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

🦚

Hell no. If we weren?t friends post break up I can care less if you?re dying off.
I?m keeping the same energy we had through the break up.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Navyman

If he wasn't a shitty Ex, and y'all maintain friendship post breakup I say why not... but you've been ignoring him for almost a year, and that says a lot also.

BAPHOMET.

If he's sick HELL NO.  :uhh:

Purple Moon

Aalonso.

Why do you feel you need to tell him you aren't interested romantically? You didn't mention at all that HE even said that or alluded to it. Are you jumping the gun assuming he wants anything more from you than someone to lean on from time to time

Purple Moon

Quote from: BardiGang Sle on December 28, 2017, 03:00:56 PM
Hell no. If we weren?t friends post break up I can care less if you?re dying off.
I?m keeping the same energy we had through the break up.

that makes sense in a way.

Aalonso.

Quote from: Tonkaman on December 28, 2017, 03:04:16 PM
If he wasn't a shitty Ex, and y'all maintain friendship post breakup I say why not... but you've been ignoring him for almost a year, and that says a lot also.
yea. and because u igged him for a year, there's clearly no friendship on your part. So being there for him, however frequent, depends on the kindness of your heart. you're not obligated.

Purple Moon

Quote from: Aa. on December 28, 2017, 03:16:48 PM
Why do you feel you need to tell him you aren't interested romantically? You didn't mention at all that HE even said that or alluded to it. Are you jumping the gun assuming he wants anything more from you than someone to lean on from time to time

That's the vibe I'm getting when we meet now. And we never officially were together or broken up, but in the past it has always been a romantic relationship.

Purple Moon

Aalonso.

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on December 28, 2017, 03:19:16 PM

That's the vibe I'm getting when we meet now. And we never officially were together or broken up, but in the past it has always been a romantic relationship.

if it's not too late, mention an imaginary boyfriend. If he stops reaching out for support, you'll know his intentions. and If the vibes change and he keeps its light and cute during y'all coffee outings, you'll know he just needs a familiar friend

Gekkouga

s

no romance! I insist! not romantically involved! g-guys hear me out no romance!

I still don't get why most of y'all are so hard to be honest. This ambiguous shit will do more harm than good to your ex, unless you REALLY tryna mess with him again but you're scared he'll die soon. Actually, that's what I'm getting from you. If you texted him back while drunk then you actually wanted to regain contact w/ him deep inside :dead:

If you're that worried about his feelings then tell him you're not looking for anything special but you can be there for him if he wants to (and if his health is that much of a concern to you)

Purple Moon

Quote from: Justaway on December 28, 2017, 03:24:35 PM
s

no romance! I insist! not romantically involved! g-guys hear me out no romance!

I still don't get why most of y'all are so hard to be honest. This ambiguous shit will do more harm than good to your ex, unless you REALLY tryna mess with him again but you're scared he'll die soon. Actually, that's what I'm getting from you. If you texted him back while drunk then you actually wanted to regain contact w/ him deep inside :dead:

If you're that worried about his feelings then tell him you're not looking for anything special but you can be there for him if he wants to (and if his health is that much of a concern to you)

Deep down I probably wanted to meet him again, you're right.

Purple Moon

Quote from: Aa. on December 28, 2017, 03:24:12 PM
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on December 28, 2017, 03:19:16 PM

if it's not too late, mention an imaginary boyfriend. If he stops reaching out for support, you'll know his intentions. and If the vibes change and he keeps its light and cute during y'all coffee outings, you'll know he just needs a familiar friend

That's a good idea. The problem is I already told him I'm not seeing anybody atm. I'll just say it wasn't anything worth mentioning but it is only getting serious now or something along those lines...