Remember when Ppl thought Kelly had finally Booked Bey?

Started by Kaeli., October 17, 2015, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIDS!

H
Kelly doesn't have an infatuation with Beyonxe
I remember one interview where the journalist kept on asking about Beyonce and she cut her off and made it about her lol

Brit Brat

Quote from: ........ on October 20, 2015, 01:08:54 PM
Quote from: Drais. on October 20, 2015, 01:06:18 PM
Quote from: Phantom on October 20, 2015, 12:55:49 PM
Oh urban! Minor hit! Motivation was top 20 and double plat

So basically it wasn't a FORCE like I said?

:kii: 

right
Love On Top, Diva, Best Thing I Never Had
were all top 20 and Platinum too, and ppl called them flops for Bey
:kii:
!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just bout to say that. Yall kill me with picking n CHOOSING when chart numbers/sales are a book or a flop.

One day 110k is a joke, the next day its a BOOK.

:sevynstreeter:

Phantom

Plea. Top 20 for any "urban" song is success. Am mean RTW couldn't do it :dead: and it was definitely a force.  You couldn't turn on a radio without hearing that song. I'll never understand the hive's difficulty with giving other females props vvvv

FINE.

Quote from: RED on October 20, 2015, 01:12:00 PM
H
I remember one interview where the journalist kept on asking about Beyonce and she cut her off and made it about her lol
not one interview

When there are about 50 others of her up beyonce's ass

BAPHOMET.

No one even talks or reference "Motivation" anymore. Kinda  a flash in the pan and RTW is referenced, talked about still, etc.

It made no impact. Like 100% of Kelly's music.  :udontlookok:

LOONA.

Quote from: Phantom on October 20, 2015, 01:14:02 PM
Plea. Top 20 for any "urban" song is success. Am mean RTW couldn't do it :dead: and it was definitely a force.  You couldn't turn on a radio without hearing that song. I'll never understand the hive's difficulty with giving other females props vvvv

In what WORLD is a Top 20 Hit a FORCE?  :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: 

Brit Brat

Quote from: Phantom on October 20, 2015, 01:14:02 PM
success, but not a FORCE.

:sevynstreeter:

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

I think Kelly is successful though. She's able to book more things than the other R&B girls. Her and Ci are neck and neck with relevancy. I honestly don't get the hate for her. She's so nice and genuine and she stans so hard for my Queen.

AIDS!

Quote from: FINE. on October 20, 2015, 01:14:26 PM
Quote from: RED on October 20, 2015, 01:12:00 PM
H
not one interview

When there are about 50 others of her up beyonce's ass
not after that interview though

Phantom

ssw4919

Quote from: Baphomet. on October 20, 2015, 10:56:36 AM
Quote from: ssw4919 on October 19, 2015, 01:39:03 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on October 19, 2015, 11:39:08 AM
Could Kelly really overshadow Bey tho?

She had a chance when Dilemma was a hit and winning Grammys while Work it Out was flopping.  They weren't sure what kind of artist they wanted Bey to be at first (remember when she was on the Vibe cover talking about making a neo soul tea album?) and Kelly had the easiest set up and best momentum.  But they got Kelly to sing weird songs, recorded CIL, and the rest is history.

Dilemma wasn't even Kelly's song and Work it Out was just from the Austin Powers film.

I never understand when people bring up the two.  :omgwatshappening:

Those still show which of the two had momentum circa 2002.  Kelly could have capitalized on a smooth R&B album right after Dilemma and built a solid career.  Instead, they had her completely switch genres from what DC did. :diddraispoot:

Like I said, Work It Out was supposed to be her solo intro.  People paid it dust, and then she went back to redo the album and her image.  Kelly was rushed to release Simply Deep to give Beyonce more time.

And DIL was on a group album but became a big springboard for Bey.  The same should have been done for Kelly because folks lived for Bad Habit.

AIDS!

Quote from: M ? R G ? on October 20, 2015, 01:18:16 PM
I think Kelly is successful though. She's able to book more things than the other R&B girls. Her and Ci are neck and neck with relevancy. I honestly don't get the hate for her. She's so nice and genuine and she stans so hard for my Queen.
!!!!
She doesn't come for anyone or TRY to be anything
Her music is pleasant and always has a few gems on every album

Nine

Quote from: Baphomet. on October 20, 2015, 01:16:32 PM
No one even talks or reference "Motivation" anymore. Kinda  a flash in the pan and RTW is referenced, talked about still, etc.

It made no impact. Like 100% of Kelly's music.  :udontlookok:
Yeah pretty much

I forgot about that song until this thread

AIDS!

Quote from: Phantom on October 20, 2015, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: Baphomet. on October 20, 2015, 01:16:32 PM
and RTW is referenced, talked about still, etc.

ddddddfffcvvvvvvb
hhj
Where?
On the bey boards?
Because everyone forgot about that disgusting mess

AIDS!