How do you handle jealousy?

Started by Herb., October 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

Envy is such a natural, human emotion. And although many of us don't admit that we have these feelings sometimes, we've all experienced it countless times during our lives (and I expect that to be denied by some lol).

But here's my question. How do you handle it?

Cowgirl

It depends on the type of jealousy though. Peer? Relationships? Career?

FINE.

Just put my best foot forward. I'm learning not to let my emotions control my actions

Herb.

October 18, 2015, 03:49:13 PM #3 Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:49:39 PM by Herbie
Quote from: FINE. on October 18, 2015, 03:48:20 PM
Just put my best foot forward. I'm learning not to let my emotions control my actions
Fucking fabulous. Flawless.

Herb.

Quote from: BowDown on October 18, 2015, 03:48:09 PM
It depends on the type of jealousy though. Peer? Relationships? Career?
No specification. We're addressing the emotion itself.

FINE.

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 03:49:13 PM
BBBBBNBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBNnbbbbnnbbbb

:omgwatshappening:

Herb.

Quote from: FINE. on October 18, 2015, 03:51:12 PM
Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 03:49:13 PM
BBBBBNBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBNnbbbbnnbbbb

:omgwatshappening:
I'm sorry but you put it PERFECTLY. :stressed: For me, at least. This is exactly how I feel.

BAPHOMET.

I've come to understand and enjoy the jealously sometimes in my relationship.
Not that we're cheating on each other. But like when I may get a lil jealous that he's spending a lot of time with his friends or vice versa, or any other minor thing. Its not a "jealous" that would make me go off the handles just a little feeling I feel. I enjoy it now because its nothing but love.  :stressed:

Career jealously? I dunno. Once I get out of college and start to work up my field. I'll see.

and I've never been jealous of a single person in my life. If I ever feel like I want something, It just makes me want to work harder for whatever it is I want.  :helloimangie:

Herb.

Quote from: Baphomet. on October 18, 2015, 03:58:38 PM
I've come to understand and enjoy the jealously sometimes in my relationship.
Not that we're cheating on each other. But like when I may get a lil jealous that he's spending a lot of time with his friends or vice versa, or any other minor thing. Its not a "jealous" that would make me go off the handles just a little feeling I feel. I enjoy it now because its nothing but love.  :stressed:

Career jealously? I dunno. Once I get out of college and start to work up my field. I'll see.

and I've never been jealous of a single person in my life. If I ever feel like I want something, It just makes me want to work harder for whatever it is I want.  :helloimangie:
I see what you mean. But you say that you've never been jealous of anyone in your life, but just admitted that there's jealousy when your boyfriend's friends get more of his time than you'd want them to. That's jealousy towards an individual.

I think that more people would be open to expressing these moments as they are, if jealousy wasn't such a publicly shamed emotion: "Haters!" "Bye Felicia!", etc. ...these terms all make it a very negative thing just to have a very human emotion.

But as Que said, it's all about how you HANDLE these emotions. This makes the difference between a human and a "hater". Someone is branded a "hater" when they've chosen to handle their jealousy in a negative, harmful way.

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

It's weird because I've never been jealous of anything or anyone in my entire life. I've always known that there are people out there who are better than I am in a lot of different aspects of life. I just strive to work hard for whatever opportunity I want in life, whether it's financial or personal. If you want to be somewhere in life, I've always believe if you work hard, you can achieve it no matter what circumstances or obstacles come your way. I just do the best that I can as a person and live my life according to what I can do.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

SUPREME

The few times I've experienced it, i didn't know how to handle it because I've always told myself I'm the best Antonio i can be

So when it happened i got angry ncncnccn

And of course it was within a relationship

Herb.

October 18, 2015, 04:09:04 PM #11 Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 04:09:21 PM by Herbie
Quote from: Jay. on October 18, 2015, 04:06:06 PM
It's weird because I've never been jealous of anything or anyone in my entire life. I've always known that there are people out there who are better than I am in a lot of different aspects of life. I just strive to work hard for whatever opportunity I want in life, whether it's financial or personal. If you want to be somewhere in life, I've always believe if you work hard, you can achieve it no matter what circumstances or obstacles come your way. I just do the best that I can as a person and live my life according to what I can do.
So in all of your years of living, including childhood, you've never experienced the emotion of envy?

Kaeli.

I've never been jealous to the point that it fucks with me. Like if I see a girl that's pretty i'll be like "wow that fucking gorgeous bitch" & then I move on with my day & forget about it moments later tbh

:letsmessfag:

Herb.

Quote from: Kaeli. on October 18, 2015, 04:13:37 PM
I've never been jealous to the point that it fucks with me. Like if I see a girl that's pretty i'll be like "wow that fucking gorgeous bitch" & then I move on with my day & forget about it moments later tbh

:letsmessfag:
Good job. :wub:

deez

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM
Envy is such a natural, human emotion. And although many of us don't admit that we have these feelings sometimes, we've all experienced it countless times during our lives (and I expect that to be denied by some lol).

But here's my question. How do you handle it?
To me jealousy is such a useless emotion, even tho it's natural. It is really a green-eyed monster used for destruction (Othello) :dead:

I count my blessings and keep it moving :ohwow: